PDA

View Full Version : Honda waiting another year?

excess
06-05-2003, 07:46 AM
Hondas 2004 line up is on the site already and nothing about a new model.

Yamaha just released all their info about their 440, and I am not interested in waiting another year for a new quad. I just got my 400 about 2 months ago and am gonna get rid of it as soon as yamahas new bike hits the floor. I sure hope Hondas says something before I get there.

cheetah
06-05-2003, 07:52 AM
So true. I've heard there may be an announcement in December, but no one really knows for sure.

airheadedduner
06-05-2003, 08:09 AM
Do a serch. This has come up a million times. From what everyone has been told and gathered from there "reliable inside sources" it will be 04 before we see a new honda. I just hope my source was right and is not pulling me around:confused:

250EXking
06-05-2003, 09:30 AM
this is bs. :mad:

i might just buy the yamaha. i dont know if i can wait till honda comes out with one. i might to old and fragile before then:ermm:

Guy400
06-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Don't count on a new Honda this year--period.

rideREDrider
06-05-2003, 10:28 AM
i wudnt buy the new yamaha unless ur gettin a big raise cus those things cost 6899. thats too much. if u got a 400ex now just keep suping it up a little or buy a z/kfx or predator but dont pay 7000 for the yamaha when its probly gonna have a crap tranny anyway

trueblue450
06-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by rideREDrider
i wudnt buy the new yamaha unless ur gettin a big raise cus those things cost 6899. thats too much. if u got a 400ex now just keep suping it up a little or buy a z/kfx or predator but dont pay 7000 for the yamaha when its probly gonna have a crap tranny anyway

I talked to the dealer today and he said they will probably tag 500+ dollars to the price tag since they are only making a limited amount this year.. :eek2: 7400 and thats not even out the door.. uhh nevermind.. I would just buy a KFX and bore it out to a 440 and it will compare for the same price... and you can add the shocks that you want not yamaha ones..

excess
06-05-2003, 11:33 AM
yea but you also have to consider the price drop of the raptor. MSRP is now 6,199

Atreyu
06-05-2003, 11:42 AM
I would get the predator over the yfz for many reasons. the yfz is brand new and will probably have tranny problems, etc. The msrp is way too high for that quad. The only thing ive noticed that the yfz had over the predator is the weight. only 350 lbs. ;)

mxdave28
06-05-2003, 01:33 PM
please by all means correct me if im wrong here but, hasnt this "yzf450" motor been out for almost a year already in the dirt bike??? and if so isnt it the same motor they just placed into this new quad??? so saying this is all true then dont ya think they have got the tranny problems already figured out? again please by all means correct me if i am wrong.

Striker49
06-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by mxdave28
please by all means correct me if im wrong here but, hasnt this "yzf450" motor been out for almost a year already in the dirt bike??? and if so isnt it the same motor they just placed into this new quad??? so saying this is all true then dont ya think they have got the tranny problems already figured out? again please by all means correct me if i am wrong.

Thats what Im thinking. Plus the fugged up the Rap the first time around, surely they arent stupid enough to miss the problem a second time...then again... :p

derekhonda
06-05-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by mxdave28

I believe they atleast change the gears in the tranny, simply because or the weight difference quads are geared lower