PDA

View Full Version : Hope This Wakes Honda Up!!!

Waynes400ex
06-05-2003, 06:25 AM
I'm kind of happy Yamaha released this quad, I have a 400ex and a cannondale and I wouldnt mind riding a new yzf but I would never sell any of my bikes. I hope Honda will see this and the sales of the 400ex will fall so far that they will come out with the best quad ever? so basically I will wait and see Yamaha have there moment in the spotlight and buy the honda if it ever comes out. Does anyone have any idea if and when honda will ever do this? Our is it a bunch of wild idea's?

SAND LUVR
06-05-2003, 06:28 AM
yeah honda needs to wake up. The new yamaha looks nice. Have you seen the specs on that thing.

QuadTrix6
06-05-2003, 06:41 AM
im waiting till they test that think it looks cool but so does the raptor and look at all the problems that had :ermm:

Waynes400ex
06-05-2003, 07:02 AM
anybody know the date when honda releases there 2004 models? I dont think it will be this year when they come out with the 450 though. They are two busy with there "big" release the crf250. It only took them forever to match this bike with the yzf250.

redrocker
06-05-2003, 07:06 AM
Honda has there vegas show in
sept. thats when they will show
whats new :cool:

PHIL_B54
06-05-2003, 07:09 AM
here's the page

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/unitgallery.asp?lid=1&lc=atv&cid=1&mid=323

PHIL_B54
06-05-2003, 07:12 AM
$6899:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Waynes400ex
06-05-2003, 07:38 AM
I payed 6700 for my cdale, but i sold the shocks and a-arms and bought new stuff. If you wanted to do that you couldnt on the yzf. The front shocks on the new yzf looks like a dirt bike back shocks.

cheetah
06-05-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by PHIL_B54
$6899:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

I don't think that's really a bad price if the engine is not detuned much. They put a lot of light parts on it and have it at 350lbs.!!!:eek2: Using parts to make it that light ain't cheap. The schocks sound like they may be pretty good for stockers. They are aiming it to be a race ready machine so your gonna pay for it. Just like when cdale was new.

oregonrider89
06-05-2003, 08:31 AM
It looks like Yamaha put together a sweet bike. They kinda had to after the Raptor. I hope Honda isn't too far behind.

oregonrider89

06-05-2003, 09:10 AM
well i will put it like this...honda isn't just wasting there time...when their bike comes it is gonna be the biggest and baddest thing on the market...say bye bye to that little yzf450...and i hate how that thing looks...its like a z-400 wanna be...but honda has always had the more reliable and better handling bikes...and with a crf450 engine in it im sure it will school the yzf450...plus the price of that thing...$7000...honda's bike is supposidly supposed to be a little more then the 400...and if that is true i think everyone will be buying hondas...im stickin with honda and letting them have there time before i jump on a yamaha.

FatBoy Redrider
06-05-2003, 09:21 AM
anyone notice that the chassis seems to be similiar to a 250r in many ways. good for yamaha. looks like someone might have gotten it right

Teufel
06-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Damn that quad is sweet!!!!!

Dave400ex
06-05-2003, 09:55 AM
I hope Honda does realize they need to get moving on a new quad. The new Yamaha is sweet and I would get one in a second. I'm just hoping now Honda can test this thing and make their's even have better handling, more power, better looks, and try to match the weight. They need to get something out soon, but everybody is saying another year, so this new quad better have the best of everything and blow everything away how long it is taking them...

06-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I hope Honda does realize they need to get moving on a new quad. The new Yamaha is sweet and I would get one in a second. I'm just hoping now Honda can test this thing and make their's even have better handling, more power, better looks, and try to match the weight. They need to get something out soon, but everybody is saying another year, so this new quad better have the best of everything and blow everything away how long it is taking them...

If Honda doesnt release a new hi tech quad very soon they are going to be hurting in this market sales wise.

Hopefully they wount just be pushing a 400ex frame with a detuned crf450 motor cause thats just not gonna cut it anymore. It would have worked 2 years ago but not today and though they would sell a few units for sure they would also be out of contention for competing in the higher performance part of this market.

Would be sad if Honda just unviels another well built reliable performance quad because I think we and the market are expecting much much more.

Todd 54
06-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Couldn't agree more with what everyone has said about Honda. I keep telling my self that Honda started the new performance quad wars with the 400ex and they finish them (for a while) with the new crf400. Just hope its soon. I would hate to wait a year, but then again good things come to those who wait (just not too long.) I think Yamaha really did their homework on this quad. I am very impressed and am actually quite pleased. This will be a measuring stick that Honda can use instead of everyone else trying to one up them. I gotta believe its comming soon.

06-05-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Todd 54
. I gotta believe its comming soon.

Crosses fingers :D

Dave400ex
06-05-2003, 04:11 PM
I agree. Cross your fingers...

hondarider2006
06-05-2003, 06:37 PM
not bad for a yamaha.....Honda's still gonna spank 'em on the track though...:D

Smoker
06-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Yep, Honda needs to get off their @ss. It looks like they did everything right on the Yamaha but does it handle? I don't think they'll be having the '01 Raptor problems, this engine has already been proven and they seem to build swingarms out of aluminum instead of paper like Honda. Honda needs to build a Cannondale copy to really come out on top, aluminum frame with fuel injection, otherwise I think a lot of Honda riders will be riding blue in the future. :p