PDA

View Full Version : My wheels wobble...

RiPPiNiTuP7
06-05-2003, 04:25 AM
I just installed a brand new front wheel bearing kit, torqued the bolts down properly, and my wheels still wobble. I can see its wiggling from the area where the bearings are, but its not those because I just installed brand new ones. Could it be my hubs?

Another thing that concerned me...I did not have to tap my bearings in, I was able to slide them in by hand...that doesn't seem right does it? Old ones pulled right out by hand as well :huh

YZEATER
06-05-2003, 04:50 AM
your hubs are worn. you can get shim stock and reshim the bearings so they are a tighter fit in the hub. or you can buy new hubs.

4TraxRider
06-05-2003, 04:10 PM
Time for some new hubs.:ermm:

RiPPiNiTuP7
06-05-2003, 04:55 PM
Why would they go bad so fast?????

StreetLegalEX
06-06-2003, 03:03 AM
Did you change the a-arm bearings AND the wheel bearings?

They both result in wobbling effects.

If you replaced them both then I also fear your hubs are worn.....did you continue to ride with bad bearings? That could cause premature wear.
It's not normal for them to go bad in about 1 year (Since you have a 2002 Honda). Or you did a lot of riding!

Just saw you got them out by hand.....your hubs are definately worn then. Not going to be cheap....

RiPPiNiTuP7
06-06-2003, 03:34 AM
Yea, I am 100% sure my hubs are shot. Pretty messed up...my quad is only 10 months old, and 3 of them it was sitting in the garage for winter.

phatswinn
06-06-2003, 05:18 PM
im willing to bet someone will sell you there stockers cheap, alot of people on the site have aftermarket hubs, how bad were the bearing when you pulled them out (the old ones)