PDA

View Full Version : Houser Racing

indygncc
01-05-2002, 01:38 PM
Does the John Houser @ Houser racing run the GNCC 4 stroke stock class? Does anyone know?

01-08-2002, 08:16 AM
I don't know if John races but his son Jeff runs in the GNC series I beleive..heck shoot him an email...

Adams44
01-11-2002, 03:31 PM
I saw the Houser's trailer @ Ironman and know that he ran 4-stroke stock, but I don't know if it was father or son. Check out the results section for Ironman on GNCC site, he is listed there.

Hey Indygncc,

You posted earlier that 400 GNCCers are running +2 arms with offset rims instead of +1 and offset rims. Are you sure about this? Are the people running +2 have the narrow frame? I would think this would be too wide. I am running MX next and was going to switch to +2, but since I will be running some XC and all XC in 2003, maybe I should just go with +1 arms for MX with +1 offset rims, that way I don't have to buy a-arms twice.

I ran the full GNCC schedule with std front arms and stock offset wheels, but had no problem with width, I feel like I could go +1 with the same rims and be happier. What are you running?

Thanks,
Nick

indygncc
01-13-2002, 08:15 PM
Adams44, You dont wanna be any wider in the woods than stock, Also good to narrow the *** end. for example...if you get +2 Houser Arms.....Douglas wheel makes a wheel that is dished in 2 inches. SO that sets it back to stock width, but you have alot more travel.......helps you push out of corners. If i were you Id just get +2 arms and get two sets of wheels. One set for XC another for MX. Now being 2 inches wider for MX, that would be helpful. You understand what I mean?....Big news w/ GNCC....Ronnie Martin just got back form the banquet.....They are gonna have a 4 stroke Pro class

Adams44
01-14-2002, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the info,
I believe I am at 45" width right now.

Interesting that there will be a Pro 4 stroke class. I think it sounds great, BUT, I think there should only be ONE PRO class. That is what being Pro is all about. One class for the best. That means the fast Pro's will most likely be on R's and then the 4-stroke mod guys move to Pro 4-stroke. I think it is a good idea, but building up a 4 stroke is even more $.
Just an initial reaction.
Is Ron keeping his 400 for next year?

Smoker
01-14-2002, 05:42 PM
I would say the 4 Stroke Pro class is partly due to Cannondale fielding a factory team this year in hopes to get other manufacturers of there butt and start sponsoring the sport. I kind of agree there should only be one Pro class. The bikes used by Smiley and Ballance are 46 1/2 wide roughly, so is the Cannondale. The stock 400 width is a little over 45 at the rear wheels and about 44 at the front. So +1 in the front with stock wheels and maybe run a wide axle adjusted out part way. This is what I'm planning on doing for hare scrambles, XC maybe next year, I just got a 400 after not riding for 7 years, not trying to kill myself. That my 2 cents.:p

indygncc
01-21-2002, 07:36 AM
There are several Pro's moving to four strokes. Thats's one reason for it. I do see why there should only be one Pro class though. They are just getting ready and prepared for when the AMA will not be allowed to run 2 strokes in the coming years.