PDA

View Full Version : Ground Freestyle - Double Footed Can-Can by Request

JLanphear
06-04-2003, 03:16 PM
This is a reply to Nausty's previous post where another member asks about a double footed can. Is this what you are talking about???

-Josh

hondaracer31
06-04-2003, 03:33 PM
That's cool!
How do you do that ON THE GROUND?????

JLanphear
06-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
That's cool!
How do you do that ON THE GROUND?????

Jump I guess :)

spiderrider04
06-04-2003, 03:44 PM
That is pretty sweet.

Nausty
06-04-2003, 03:53 PM
that looks so friggen sic. I'm gonna have to learn that one. I can barely do them not doing a wheelie as it is but i'll get it down.

hessianmx111
06-04-2003, 03:55 PM
holy crap that is friggin awesome. have you ever not gotten back on

Glow Plug
06-04-2003, 03:59 PM
:eek2: i'm guessing your good at wheelies?

JLanphear
06-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
holy crap that is friggin awesome. have you ever not gotten back on

Thanks, yeah I didn't get my legs back over the first 3 or 4 times I tried it....just pretty much land on the seat side saddle. The one that sorta hurt is when I gave it too much gas and the quad wheelied out from under me and I fell off the back.

Originally posted by Nausty
that looks so friggen sic. I'm gonna have to learn that one. I can barely do them not doing a wheelie as it is but i'll get it down.

Thanks, that's the thing, I can't even come close to doing one not on a wheelie. I wasn't even going to bother trying, but I suprisingly did it. Let me say that it was honestly a lot harder for me than I thought it would be. I'm not very good at the "acrobatics" though so it may be easier for some of you guys.

Originally posted by Glow Plug
i'm guessing your good at wheelies?

I dunno :confused2 . I think they are fun though.

-Josh

Ex_Rider43
06-04-2003, 04:06 PM
looks sick!!!

how did you do to bring back your feet??:confused:

hessianmx111
06-04-2003, 04:28 PM
also are you starting out standing and then doing it or sittin then throwin it out

JLanphear
06-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ex_rider52
looks sick!!!

how did you do to bring back your feet??:confused:

Just bring them back quickly I guess. I wish I could do what is in your avatar...nice.

hessianmx111, I start out sitting but when in the wheelie I stand up and then do it.

-Josh

Dan_Guetter
06-04-2003, 06:09 PM
that is pretty sik

QuAdRaCeR244
06-04-2003, 06:27 PM
that is sweet. i will have to try that:rolleyes:

redrizza
06-05-2003, 02:54 AM
Sweet:eek2:

JLanphear
06-05-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by redrizza
Sweet:eek2:

Thanks!

rdmex
06-05-2003, 05:04 AM
thats gonna be one of hte first thing i try soon, i can do them sitting down, just cant get in hte air

JLanphear
06-05-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by rdmex
thats gonna be one of hte first thing i try soon, i can do them sitting down, just cant get in hte air

I was suprised at how hard it was....Lets just say I looked like and idiot the first 4 or 5 times I tried....doh :o

rdmex
06-05-2003, 05:18 AM
i think im gonna try to start off with a slow 1st gear wheelie standing up, then try to manuvuer into a position like that really fast. i dont know, ill try it atfer work prolly.

JLanphear
06-05-2003, 05:20 AM
i think im gonna try to start off with a slow 1st gear wheelie standing up, then try to manuvuer into a position like that really fast. i dont know, ill try it atfer work prolly.

I didn't have much room so I was just in 1st. Only tip I can give is to be careful that you have the bars straight when you land or you'll go for a ride. I jumped once and turned the bars and when it landed I almost went flying.

-Josh

rdmex
06-05-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by JLanphear
I didn't have much room so I was just in 1st. Only tip I can give is to be careful that you have the bars straight when you land or you'll go for a ride. I jumped once and turned the bars and when it landed I almost went flying.

-Josh

thats a really good point, it seems like when i would jump the bars would turn with my body. this is gonna be very interesting.

JLanphear
06-05-2003, 05:25 AM
thats a really good point, it seems like when i would jump the bars would turn with my body. this is gonna be very interesting.

Yup, that's what happens...Also when you land be ready to hit the brake cause that sucker comes up FAST.

rdmex
06-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Yup, that's what happens...Also when you land be ready to hit the brake cause that sucker comes up FAST.

i have a feeling that if i do pull it off, im gonna bust my @$$

thanks for the advice

JLanphear
06-05-2003, 05:34 AM
i have a feeling that if i do pull it off, im gonna bust my @$$

thanks for the advice

No, that only will happen if you DON'T pull it off.

-Josh

rdmex
06-05-2003, 05:36 AM
No, that only will happen if you DON'T pull it off.

-Josh

o well it happens. ill be trying it soon. whens the next video comin out??? i cant wait to see it

JLanphear
06-05-2003, 05:38 AM
o well it happens. ill be trying it soon. whens the next video comin out??? i cant wait to see it

We hope to have a full length retail video out this year, but if not, then next year. Quality first.

If you don't wanna get hurt you can do these, doesn't feel as bad when you mess up...

rdmex
06-05-2003, 05:54 AM
im not worried about getting hurt, ive broeken 5 bones so far riding quads, i havnt gave up yet.

Ryan
06-05-2003, 06:53 AM
We hope to have a full length retail video out this year, but if not, then next year. Quality first.

If you don't wanna get hurt you can do these, doesn't feel as bad when you mess up...

Looks like your axle is bent from that pic.

Sick wheelies, though.

JLanphear
06-05-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
Looks like your axle is bent from that pic.

Sick wheelies, though.

Hey your right....I don't think it is though....I'll have to double check. Thanks for pointing that out.

-Josh

RoadkillerRyan
06-05-2003, 09:05 AM
thats awsome!

JLanphear
06-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by RoadkillerRyan
thats awsome!

Thanks.

Hey guys, is it easier to pull tricks in the air??? Well I mean besides the fact that you are in the air and if you screw up it's really gonna hurt of course.

I've never attempted any in air stuff....one reason being I don't have a jump for it....the other reason I will keep to myself ;) .

-Josh

06-05-2003, 04:50 PM
Dude that pic is sweet!. I would have to say they are easier to do in the air.

Nausty
06-05-2003, 07:14 PM
lol, I don't know how you can do that no foot can wheelie. I can barely do a stand up wheelie. I wounder if its just mental for me or if its just my size(6'2") and position and height of the handle bars but I can't stand doing regular wheelies or stand up wheelies I feel Like I have to lean way back and hold on with my hands. Like I can't stand strait up you know? Is that the way it is with you jlanphear?

Anyways, heres a pic of me from a few hours ago. Nothing special. Do you know if anyone can do a wheelie like this without starting out in this position? I've tryed it a few times but I always go up onto the wheelie bar or I don't time it right.

JLanphear
06-06-2003, 01:58 AM
It probably helps on "some" tricks that I'm not very tall. I'm only like 5'9". On others I wish I was a little bit taller so I guess it balances out.

I can do regular wheelies just fine...sitting down, or standing up, or standing on the seat, but that might be where it is an advantage to be a little shorter...I can't say because I've never been taller than I am right now...lol :D .

As for the superman/apehanger wheelie....I've actually only done a couple of them, but yes, I start off sitting on the seat normally, and then I stand up and put my knees on the seat and then slide off of the back....I think that is one of those tricks where being a little taller helps out, because I don't think I could start off in that position...maybe, but I've never tried.

It's deffinatly different for everybody though.

-Josh

Nausty
06-06-2003, 06:15 AM
i've never tryed a ape hanger (on purpose) but when you do it would you say its easy for the wheelie bar to catch on something or bend. What would you say is the best surface to do it on? (concrete, packed dirt, grass, ect.)

JLanphear
06-06-2003, 06:23 AM
i've never tryed a ape hanger (on purpose) but when you do it would you say its easy for the wheelie bar to catch on something or bend. What would you say is the best surface to do it on? (concrete, packed dirt, grass, ect.)

Well probably a paved surface. Grass would deffinatly be the easiest on you and your grab bar, but when your grab bar hits it's going to dig. Packed dirt would be really messy, but would probably work.

If you plan on doing anything where 12's are involved I'd put a bead of weld along where your grab bar hits. 12'ing on pavement will wear through your grab bar really fast. I rarely touch my bar on pavement and it was already just about warn through.

-Josh

redrizza
06-06-2003, 06:28 AM
Oh, is that what that flat spot is?

http://users.adelphia.net/~redrizza/2002/stunting/images/ryan.4.jpg

JLanphear
06-06-2003, 06:39 AM
Oh, is that what that flat spot is?

It's too bad you weren't over a little more to the left where that gas puddle is http://www.ncaa-inc.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/w00t.gif !!!

Nausty
06-06-2003, 06:57 AM
lol, I think you guys should try something like that on the video:D

JLanphear
06-06-2003, 07:04 AM
lol, I think you guys should try something like that on the video:D

I have tried to recruit some friends to help me but they want no part in it....Gonna happen though...lol

Nausty
06-06-2003, 07:16 AM
redrizza, just thought i'd say your quad and gear looks awsome. I like it, real origional. You notice we both have no graphics on our quads and we both ride with the same type pants and every time I go out to ride wheelies I put on a black shirt.

JLanphear
06-06-2003, 07:17 AM
redrizza, just thought i'd say your quad and gear looks awsome. I like it, real origional. You notice we both have no graphics on our quads and we both ride with the same type pants and every time I go out to ride wheelies I put on a black shirt.

He's got graphics now....Some nice CVBz flames ones :D . I haven't seen them on the quad yet though.

redrizza
06-06-2003, 07:44 AM

Thanks man. Yeah, I have the matching freestyle jersey, but I wasn't wearing it that day. It was like 20 degrees that day while we are filming. That's why I have purple gloves on... lol Cause there the thinnest winter gloves I had. I think I have about 8 layers on under that jersey too. I don't really like lots of stickers, unless the company does something for me too. If I'm payin retail for things, they aren't getting there sticker on my bike :p

Yeah, Josh, I put the cvb flame logo on my tank. Rode yesterday in the rain, my bike is covered in mud right now and they are still there. The true test will be the pressure washer tonight.......

JLanphear
06-06-2003, 07:48 AM
Yeah, Josh, I put the cvb flame logo on my tank. Rode yesterday in the rain, my bike is covered in mud right now and they are still there. The true test will be the pressure washer tonight.......

LOL, I hope you have an extra set cause my money is on them coming off unless your very careful. The pointy ends of those flames are a pain to stay stuck.

-Josh

JLanphear
06-13-2003, 03:40 AM
Anybody else try this one??? :confused:

jwisniew
06-17-2003, 07:08 AM
hey do u guys do any 2wheel stands? i bet u could do alotta sweet stuff wit them

JLanphear
06-17-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by jwisniew
hey do u guys do any 2wheel stands? i bet u could do alotta sweet stuff wit them

What's that? You mean like riding on the two side wheels? yeah, about the only thing we have done like that is a one wheeled wheelie and maybe riding with one hand or whatever.

-Josh

jwisniew
06-17-2003, 07:39 AM
yea what we do here is jump off while doin a 2wheel stand (ridin on the side) and run along side it and then hop back on wit out droppin it. i love 1 wheeled wheelies but i never ride them far before the other wheel comes down.

EXracer8604
07-12-2003, 07:03 PM
im tryin my best to get it down :D im thinkin ima have it down tommorow

JLanphear
07-13-2003, 04:32 AM
Cool...now ya just gotta get the front wheels up and your set. Here is another more recent shot

http://69.39.84.21/Josh/0709/PANA0176.JPG