PDA

View Full Version : A few problems..

WhY_ZeE
06-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Bike : 400ex 01, k&N filter,outerwhear,jet kit.
165 main, 3turn ½ pilot screw, 3rd pos needle..

My filter is making a strange noise that he wasn't making before..
I kinda hear him breath...(sound like the wind...??) hmm any comments??My carb is fitted well and air filter too..dunno what it is maybe its normal...? but it wasn't doing it last week..

Also my plug is wet. I just unscrew and screw it again and she become wet...probably gaz.. why ?? maybe cos' im too rich....? Never saw that before either :eek:

thank for helping ..:scary:

WhY_ZeE
06-04-2003, 11:38 AM
By the way its only when i give some throttle..( more than 1/4.. )

Originally posted by WhY_ZeE

I kinda hear him breath...(sound like the wind...??)

WhY_ZeE
06-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Sorry,forgot to tell, my lid is removed .. and when i put it back on i don't hear this sound from my air filter..

Originally posted by WhY_ZeE

I kinda hear him breath...(sound like the wind...??) hmm any comments??

JOEX
06-04-2003, 04:40 PM
It's the lid.... I recently upped the main to 160 and removed the lid just to see what happened. Same thing, real deep throaty sound, kinda cool. But it ran better with the 152 and lid on.
Your set up sounds quite rich....
BTW, i'm using Kehien jets not Dyno jets.

Joe

WhY_ZeE
06-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Same thing, real deep throaty sound, kinda cool.

Joe

I know but im not talking about that sound...i know it sounds louder and i like it......it's an other than when i give gaz its the same sound like the "wind" ( strange sound.. ) ..
i dunno if you understand ..

Glamis400ex
06-05-2003, 04:02 PM
thats the motor sucking in air dude... put your stocker back on and you wont hear it.

BTW, 165 main is too rich for stock pipe, even tho you have a K&N...

Glamis

310Rduner
06-05-2003, 04:05 PM
ive heard what you are talking about once before..

it may be some amount of water or something else in the airbox... mine made that sound when i ran it and the filter was slightly wet from puddles... and water collected in bottom of airbox..

WhY_ZeE
06-06-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
ive heard what you are talking about once before..

it may be some amount of water or something else in the airbox... mine made that sound when i ran it and the filter was slightly wet from puddles... and water collected in bottom of airbox..

Yeah that's what i though...but i think it will be my oil...i have put way too much on it last time i oiled it and thats from that time that i hear that sound so...
Btw Glamis i'm using a 165 DYNO jet...thats what the kit recommend and the dealer too..

sly400ex
06-06-2003, 04:37 AM
Is your filter torn or anything?:confused: