PDA

View Full Version : Another dumb question...

wilkin250r
06-04-2003, 10:58 AM
My girlfriend thinks that gold chains look gay. I know that D.I.D. x-ring chains are very good, and it would be my first choice, but I think they only come in gold. I need a strong chain with my new motor, what options do I have?

AC 400 ex 02
06-04-2003, 11:07 AM
screw what the gf says!:devil: its the performance that counts man:macho

wilkin250r
06-04-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by AC 400 ex 02
screw what the gf says!:devil: its the performance that counts man:macho

Yeah, but there are other factors involved.

She's the type of person that won't go riding with me just because she thinks the chain looks gay.

Riding (or having any kind of fun at all) without her is not an option.

You don't dump a hot chick like this just because she doesn't like the color of your chain.

AC 400 ex 02
06-04-2003, 12:10 PM
wow dude that sux, but i never said dump her cuz of a chain, but thats a stupid reason not 2 go riding

wilkin250r
06-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Nobody would ever claim that this is a rational woman. (if there is such a thing)

sly400ex
06-04-2003, 02:03 PM
Dude, I don't care how hot she is, NEVER let a woman stand in the way of anything!!!:macho

roostin_dale
06-04-2003, 02:13 PM
get a Regina Chain...best on the market and comes in different colors!

nastynotchback1
06-04-2003, 02:21 PM
use that chain she has you hooked on LOL

nojoke4stroke
06-04-2003, 05:50 PM
ppppssssssshhhhhhhhttttt.........man wtf,she sounds like a seriously ignorant woman..why do you even care what she thinks of the color of your chain??????or about you because of the color of your chain???????she honestly will break up with you because of it?????dude you've got bigger problems than your chain,good luck

06-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Dont take this personal but I think you gotta be pullin our chain or something :D

This whole story is friggin frigged up and if its at all true you need to get some therapy to help with your insecurity problem and stop hanging with whacky chics who think stuff like that.

Maybe try telling her to worry about takin good care of you instead of the color of the friggin chain.

Sorry if some of this was funny etc but I was seriously trying to help :)

roostin_dale
06-05-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by nastynotchback1

LMAO..i agree wit him^^^

terko440
06-05-2003, 02:26 AM
I've got it! Lube up that PRETTY gold chain like crazy and go ride hard and never wash it again. If you ever lose your woman, simply clean chain and relube.

06-05-2003, 02:37 AM
ask her if she likes PURPLE:blah:

F-16Guy
06-05-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
My girlfriend thinks that gold chains look gay. I know that D.I.D. x-ring chains are very good, and it would be my first choice, but I think they only come in gold. I need a strong chain with my new motor, what options do I have?
Sounds like you got one of those "high maintenance" chicks. She probably wants a PLATINUM chain!! Bling bling. Word to ya motha.:blah:

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 04:57 AM

High maitenance, yes, but she doesn't lead me around on a leash. She's just one of those kind of people. She wouldn't ride her own brand new 400EX until I changed the seat from red to black, because the red one looks dumb.

She's very creative and artistic, everything I'm not. I've learned to trust her artistic vision. She's very detail-oriented, and often it gets taken a little too far, like now with this chain.

She's not going to dump me just because of the color of my chain, and she'd not actually going to refuse to ride with me. But because she is a perfectionist, it will constantly nag at her that my chain doesn't match the chrome and color scheme of the rest of my quad. It's one of those flaws that isn't even noticeable UNTIL you notice it, then your eye is drawn to that one little flaw every time.

Would you powdercoat your frame blue, white plastics, blue seat, chrome pipe, blue highlights on your engine, and then throw yellow a-arms on it? No way, it's a big glaring ugly aspect of your quad that doesn't fit the rest of the color scheme. Because she is so detail oriented, that little gold chain will stand out as much as those yellow a-arms in her eyes.

Ryan
06-05-2003, 05:21 AM
I'd say "Bioch, this is my quad, if you don't like it then STFU...... and get your *** in the kitchen and make me some pie!" :devil:

Seriously.

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
I'd say "Bioch, this is my quad, if you don't like it then STFU...... and get your *** in the kitchen and make me some pie!" :devil:

Seriously.

Yeah, that will make her a pleasant person to be around.

If there are no other options, then tough luck, she deals with it. But if there ARE other options, then I get to hear about it forever.

"Why didn't you just get the silver one, that gold chain looks gay..."

"Yeah, it looks cool, except for your gay chain..."

"Yes, it's fast, but you look like a homo with your gay gold chain..."

"Nice chain, make it yourself?"

Actually, maybe I should get the gold chain, and re-cover my seat to look like a fur coat. Then my quad can be "The Pimp"

QuadTrix6
06-05-2003, 06:46 AM
Yeah, that will make her a pleasant person to be around.

If there are no other options, then tough luck, she deals with it. But if there ARE other options, then I get to hear about it forever.

"Why didn't you just get the silver one, that gold chain looks gay..."

"Yeah, it looks cool, except for your gay chain..."

"Yes, it's fast, but you look like a homo with your gay gold chain..."

"Nice chain, make it yourself?"

Actually, maybe I should get the gold chain, and re-cover my seat to look like a fur coat. Then my quad can be "The Pimp"

this chick sounds very immature how old is she and you ? get rid of her bro first its *****in about the color of a chain then she will be *****ing about everything in your life, your heading down a rough road man..i would get the gold chain and run far far away from this chik ;)

Ryan
06-05-2003, 06:49 AM
If you do plan to stick with that bioch. Go with a Sidewinder titanium chain. There not gold :o .

06-05-2003, 06:53 AM
just get the gold chain and give her a pearl necklace that way your both happy....:eek:

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
this chick sounds very immature how old is she and you ? get rid of her bro first its *****in about the color of a chain then she will be *****ing about everything in your life, your heading down a rough road man..i would get the gold chain and run far far away from this chik ;)

I'm 27, she's 26 (yesterday) She's not immature, she's just a perfectionist, she's very detail-oriented, and she knows that I can't color-coordinate to save my life, so she feels it is her duty to point out details like that. Would you put a bright green rear sprocket on a red 250r? Do you think your wife or GF would point out that it looks dumb if you did? Same thing.

This whole thread was about different options for a chain, not defending my GF's artistic views. It's a high horsepower engine, so I need a strong chain. if a gold one is the only color I can get to suit my needs, then so be it. But if I have a choice, I should get one that matches the color scheme of the rest of my quad.

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Rico
just get the gold chain and give her a pearl necklace that way your both happy....:eek:

Yeah, but I need to make her happy, or else she won't accept the pearl necklace...

sly400ex
06-05-2003, 07:12 AM

Now you're onto something!!!:D :cool: J/p......

06-05-2003, 09:22 AM
the more this thread gets into details the more interesting it gets for sure :rolleyes:

There is no such thing as an actuall "perfectionist" but there are people who are obsessive-compulsive and neurotic who have been known to exhibit behavior like that you speak of.

But hey its your party so paint your chain any color you like, but I would suggest you do it because you want to and not because your insecure of loosing your overbearing GF or having your chain called gay.

I dont mean to flame (well maybe :D ) but this is seriously about the most stupid arse crap I have seen yet.

Lata

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
the more this thread gets into details the more interesting it gets for sure :rolleyes:

There is no such thing as an actuall "perfectionist" but there are people who are obsessive-compulsive and neurotic who have been known to exhibit behavior like that you speak of.

But hey its your party so paint your chain any color you like, but I would suggest you do it because you want to and not because your insecure of loosing your overbearing GF or having your chain called gay.

I dont mean to flame (well maybe :D ) but this is seriously about the most stupid arse crap I have seen yet.

Lata

I've tried to make the analogy before, but apparently you don't get it.

Would your girlfriend make fun of if you put bright pink a-arms on your 400EX, especially if you could have a regular color like chrome of silvervein? Would she criticize you, or talk about how dumb your pink a-arms look to her friends? Why would you ever put pink on your quad, right? It doesn't match.

To her, it's the same thing. Every time she looks at my quad, that gold chain is going to stand out just as much as if I had a pink flamingo mounted to the handlebars.

She's not overbearing, or neurotic. Just because YOUR girlfriend doesn't pay attention to the little details like that, it doesn't mean that my girlfriend is obsessive-compulsive.

06-05-2003, 10:03 AM
man this is funny...dont let that chick walk all over u be like "biatch dun make me slap u up over my chain" LOL

what is the best chain newayz...for strength?

R-Crazy
06-05-2003, 10:17 AM

TRU THAT, haha, good one

dave

QuadTrix6
06-05-2003, 10:22 AM
the bottom line is you shouldn't be listening to your girl dude you have your own mind correct ?get the damn gold chain just to spite her , hell get the pink one :devil:

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
the bottom line is you shouldn't be listening to your girl dude you have your own mind correct ?get the damn gold chain just to spite her , hell get the pink one :devil:

I've actually made up my mind. I don't think I'll go so far as the fur coat seat cover, but with my new chrome Duncan Racing engine and my gold chain, "The Pimp" will be born.

06-05-2003, 11:14 AM
actually I couldnt give a rats arse what she thought, and thats not mean its just easier that way.

Gold pink purple what ever if you like it do it, if she does or doesnt who friggin cares :D

I could pc parts of my quad pink and it wouldnt bother me one bit may look a little freaky but I am sure it would stand out.

Some of the most honored, loved and respected pieces of art are completely not color coordinated and go against everything mainstream. Ever hear of picaso?

So may your on the right track with the pimp/tacky motiff.

Damn I cant write a whole sentence with out luaghing my arse off.

06-05-2003, 11:18 AM
& I cant read 440's whole post w/o laughin MY *** off :D

310Rduner
06-05-2003, 11:20 AM
I've actually made up my mind. I don't think I'll go so far as the fur coat seat cover, but with my new chrome Duncan Racing engine and my gold chain, "The Pimp" will be born.

atta Boy! haha j/k

nahh get the gold on. personally if you have the cash, get the Sidewinder Ti-Chromoly chain, its freakin beautiful.like 14,000lbs tensile strength. get their sprockets too maybe.. tear drop Ti or stainless steel would look mighty good:macho

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
atta Boy! haha j/k

nahh get the gold on. personally if you have the cash, get the Sidewinder Ti-Chromoly chain, its freakin beautiful.like 14,000lbs tensile strength. get their sprockets too maybe.. tear drop Ti or stainless steel would look mighty good:macho

I was looking at it, but I'm not sure I want to spend $250 for a chain and sprocket set. :eek:

bmw500hp
06-05-2003, 12:11 PM
I was looking at it, but I'm not sure I want to spend $250 for a chain and sprocket set. :eek:

you might as well get it dude( the sidewinder ti) ..unless you make mad cash your finances will soon be in her control...anyway, you can use her dissaproval to get the best...then you can "blame" her for your impracticality.

That type of woman steals your autonimity and replaces it with the need to acknowledge her 2 cents in the decision making process....it's a form of pychological conditioning that women are born with and it darn well works.....it starts on the small things and pretty sure you can't take a shi* without a consult....

Even though I flamed ya a little, I dated an interior achitect and she was like your girl....I have to say she did make me proud! Her hot arse didn't hurt either....lol :devil:

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 12:21 PM
maybe I shouldn't have asked her opinion...

phatswinn
06-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Rico

zztop pearl necklace? those kind are too sticky