PDA

View Full Version : Get'em While Their Still Alive!

Ryan
06-04-2003, 09:30 AM
I went to my local Cannondale dealer today and couldn't believe some of the prices. The Cannondale Cannibal was going for $5,000 and the Blaze was going for $8,000! There was a Moto and a Speed there but I didn't get the price on them.

If your intrested in buying a C-dale. Check your local dealer and see what deals they are giving out. Their going damn cheap and fast!

sweet300ex
06-04-2003, 09:58 AM
Give me the money and I'll gladly buy one:D

Rip_Tear
06-04-2003, 11:59 AM
I wish they had dealers in Canada... Why did C-Dale have to die off... I really liked their quads!

Ryan
06-04-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I wish they had dealers in Canada... Why did C-Dale have to die off... I really liked their quads!

The the Motercycle/ATV Department can still be bought and brought alive. I talked to the Cannondale dealer and they told me that the Motercycle/ATV department is still for sale. The Bicycle company that bought "Cannondale" Has nothing to do with that department. Hopefully someone will buy them out!

flyin#5
06-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Flyin#3-1/2
i'll buy cannondale and give everyone free quads :D :D

works for me:D

Nausty
06-04-2003, 04:47 PM
man I wish the thing with cannondale could of worked out. They just wern't reliable enough yet and didn't perform as good as the jap bikes. Not to mention their prices were higher. But if they would of caught on we would be riding some sick arse quads 5 years from now when they would of had all the bugs worked out of em'.

roostin_dale
06-05-2003, 05:19 PM
they arent dead yet guys!!!! you just wait and see!!

06-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Roost I hope your right cause these guys were more responsible for upping the ante in the perf atv market than anyone else. If we let the yami's and hondas of the world lead the way we may just see new graphics on the new quads and not the machines like the pred and yfz we are getting etc.

infantry317
06-06-2003, 12:43 AM
Didn't Rad2Go (scooter company) already buy Cannondale Motorsports a few months ago?

danyeo
06-06-2003, 03:45 AM
Everyone says their sad to see an American company go down but Yamaha is coming out with a new quad and people are lining up for it. I think Dales outperform everything and they have been as reliable as most other new quads. How reliable were the 01 Raptors? seemed that wasn't enough to scare people away from yamaha. Then only gripe i could see was most people *****ed about the prices, yet a Cannibal was only 500 more than a Raptor and most people buy a quad for 5500-6500 and spend thousands more on it modding it up.

James70214
06-06-2003, 06:24 AM
NAusty

How did the Dales not PERFORM as good as the jap quads. Name one jap quad that performed anywhere near the dale cause the z400 and raptor and 400ex sure didn't unless you start dumping lots of $$ in it.

Castor-426ex
06-06-2003, 06:36 AM
werd

Nausty
06-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by James70214
NAusty

How did the Dales not PERFORM as good as the jap quads. Name one jap quad that performed anywhere near the dale cause the z400 and raptor and 400ex sure didn't unless you start dumping lots of $$ in it.

well of course it beats them stock but in the end you can mod the jap quads to handle better and put out more power.

ranger400ex
06-06-2003, 11:31 AM
too bad they let 14yr old kids smoke crack now, modded to out run a dale?? haha that's some great BS. Take a trip to southbay, a GNCC (Jeff Stoess, Rick Cecco) or talk to Nic Grundland, then you'll learn.

go grab the lighter youngins

Ben

Rip_Tear
06-06-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Castor-426ex
werd

That is halarious Castor!

RuffRyder400ex
06-06-2003, 02:41 PM
i want a dale

Ryan
06-06-2003, 02:51 PM
I never had the money in the past, but if I sell my quad in time, and the prices are still where they are, im thinking about purchasing one. One thing that scares me is im not sure how long parts will be around for it.

bluebaron
06-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Flyin#3-1/2
i'll buy cannondale and give everyone free quads :D :D

ill have a moto

bradley300
06-10-2003, 03:38 PM
its a law, parts must be around for 10 years. not to mention
cdaleparts.com. 99 percent of dale stuff is already taken care of buy the aftermarket, local auto parts store, or other big manufacturers i.e. honda wheels, ktm front sprockets, houser makes a-arms,swing arms. about the only thing difficult to find will be engine cylinders, cases. but hell, for the right price a machine shop fabricator can CNC anything

06-10-2003, 03:59 PM
From what I understood the whole quad was 90% aftermarket. Supposedly thats the biggest part of their problem because they only were making the frames and a few other parts and everything else was out sourced at high $$$.

I am not running out to buy one but if I had one I dont think I would be worried about replacement parts unless I needed something in a major rush.

GETSOME
06-11-2003, 11:28 AM
A cannondale would make a great collector quad. Some day we will be looking back at the cannondales like we look back at the american muscle cars of the late 60's and 70's

anywhereEx
06-11-2003, 11:40 AM
Bottom line. Stock for stock there is no compairison. But yes Cdale did have their head up their *** on certain things but then again they opened up a new envelope on performance.

As 440 said they did outsource alot and that was some of the problems. But Cannondale stuck to it and fixed the problems which in turn ate at their profits. Try asking any atv manufacturer to do that.

I did not see Yamaha fess up and replace every single trans, never saw Kawasaki fess up and fix every single frame....get my drift.

So yes with a little refinement and 1 year with some of the big shots on a race circut to see where improvements are needed and what things should change and they can take over again depending on if any of those folks out there that have alot of money want to try!

Derek
06-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
they arent dead yet guys!!!! you just wait and see!!

Ive got a friends that test rides Cdales for them. Lets just say that i wouldnt go off selling your dale cheap.