PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis Roosters..

QuadJunkies
06-03-2003, 05:15 PM
Im curious how many of you have rode a quad with them??? I tried to order my favoite straight paddle today, to find out itsback ordered for 6-7 wks!:eek: (turbo paddles) I guess my word of mouth got out too much!!:o JP... anyhow, I priced the HAulers and the Roosters and decided to try sometinhg different this time and got them. should be here in 2-4 days!! I cant wait to see how they look and how they perform.!! I think on a smaller quad would be too much of a paddle? Anyhow can anyone tell me how they do?? Thanks!! Tina :)

QuadJunkies
06-04-2003, 05:37 AM
Wow.:eek: no one has run them huh???? Well I guess ill be the first.......:D

twisted threads
06-04-2003, 07:21 AM
Are the Roosters the V paddle or the strait paddle??

yello300ex
06-04-2003, 03:51 PM
my friend had maxxis roosters and trust me....do not get them...the second time he went to the dunes with them every single paddle ripped...try some skat trak extremes

QuadJunkies
06-04-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
Are the Roosters the V paddle or the strait paddle?? They are a stright paddle;)

QuadJunkies
06-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by yello300ex
my friend had maxxis roosters and trust me....do not get them...the second time he went to the dunes with them every single paddle ripped...try some skat trak extremes what else was he riding on besides sand??:huh Ive talked to afew over at a Predator forum and they love them so far but the Extremes are WAY over priced for as much as the PREDATOR will use them. I already got them:( so I guess Ill find out.l.Ill give an update they should be here in time for the wk end.....

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by yello300ex
my friend had maxxis roosters and trust me....do not get them...the second time he went to the dunes with them every single paddle ripped...try some skat trak extremes you must be mistaken on another paddle cause the Roosters are made of one component,thats one good thing I like to see in a paddle they are alot more durable, I think Im gonna like these paddles.......:blah: :cool: they look really small !!:blah: Ill post a pic of them on......

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 07:38 AM
its hard to tell in the pic, but these are a one solid tire not glu on paddles....

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 07:39 AM
////////

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 07:40 AM
###

twisted threads
06-06-2003, 11:48 AM
what do they weigh comepared to the Haulers? I just put some Hauler Extrems on my R and they seem to hook up really well. I would like to get some drag lights paddles and see how they work. Also I like the SandTiresUnlimited Padla Brats.

RuffRyder400ex
06-06-2003, 01:45 PM
they look good

JOEX
06-06-2003, 05:09 PM
I was wondering about these tires myself. Glad someone here became our guinie pig:p j/k.
Any thoughts on what the ripples between the paddles do?
What about weight? My Haulers on .125's weigh next to nothing.

Joe

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 07:48 PM
what do they weigh comepared to the Haulers? I just put some Hauler Extrems on my R and they seem to hook up really well. I would like to get some drag lights paddles and see how they work. Also I like the SandTiresUnlimited PaddleBrats. The Hauler weighs roughly 11 bls and the maxxis weighs 12 ..It is very odd, did some measuring and comparedc the maxxis size to my turbo paddles, which are suppose to be the exact same size....... well Maxxis are LOT smaller.Called and told RM ATV about our measurements because they are measuring 10 inch tire and heres the proof:eek: NO FAIR!!!:grr: hes gonna have a nice set of smaller tires for the dunes this year . Hey Ryan, can you post a pic of the paddlebrats? Arent they made for kids quads? I cant pistie them but I know Ive senn them...Adn Ive never heard of a drag lights paddle would be cool to see....... OK heres my Turbo padddles they are a 11 wide.......

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 07:49 PM
ok now heres Maxxis version of 11 inch.....:rolleyes: Im glad they were amller thats what I wanted anyhow!!:D

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 07:50 PM
BIG difference. thats ok though I still swear by my Trubo paddles;)

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 07:51 PM
and the ribs are just for extra traction :)

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Ill find out how well they hook up next week end drag racing.....:cool:

QuadJunkies
06-06-2003, 07:52 PM
they are def. a good looking tire too.......

twisted threads
06-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Here are the Padla Brats. 7 1/2 pounds

QuadJunkies
06-07-2003, 05:30 AM
Here are the Padla Brats. 7 1/2 pounds What size are they? I have seen those before......:) nice tire:cool:

Natertot426ex
06-07-2003, 06:25 AM
Hey tina do you guys just mainly stay in the sand at weiser or do you venture off other places from there. I will bring my Haulers anyway. I haven't put them on since I went wider to see what it looks like but I will next weekend. It also looks like I will be heading over to St. A's when you guys go in July:D :D :D :D

J.A.B. Racing
06-07-2003, 07:47 AM
Those new paddles look good QJ :D I like the look of them :blah: I got the Haulers 7 paddle Extremes and they are awsome but my bike is still stock so I think it boggs a little:huh my bud is going to run them next weekend at Spinreel on his bike :cool: I think they will do good on his its pretty built :devil:

QuadJunkies
06-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by J.A.B. Racing
Those new paddles look good QJ :D I like the look of them :blah: I got the Haulers 7 paddle Extremes and they are awsome but my bike is still stock so I think it boggs a little:huh my bud is going to run them next weekend at Spinreel on his bike :cool: I think they will do good on his its pretty built :devil: Thanks, my paddles on my 400ex area little too big too, but they get me around just fine with my pipe and all...;) I would have liked the 7 haulers but I dont use them a ton so maybe next year Ill try a set ....

QuadJunkies
06-07-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Hey tina do you guys just mainly stay in the sand at weiser or do you venture off other places from there. I will bring my Haulers anyway. I haven't put them on since I went wider to see what it looks like but I will next weekend. It also looks like I will be heading over to St. A's when you guys go in July:D :D :D :D Troy goes off onto the trails a bit, I dont much because I usually have the kids and cant venture off for too long, I always take both my Rarz to play in and switch off to the dand tires too. I am saving my tubos for St. Anthonys so I dont tear them up at Weiser so I run Sand devils. I got them for free in exchange for Troys heel guards off the Predator since he didnt need them when he got his nerfs so I couldnt pass that one up.. Thats awesome that you can go up with us in July!!! You will have to come the night beofe for the BBQ and meet everyone.....

QuadJunkies
06-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Heres a few pics of what it looks like on the Predator......:cool:

QuadJunkies
06-07-2003, 07:14 PM
/////////

QuadJunkies
06-07-2003, 07:15 PM
###

QuadJunkies
06-07-2003, 07:16 PM
:D

QuadJunkies
06-07-2003, 07:17 PM
^^^^^

QuadJunkies
06-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Troys new Jetblast airscoops......

JOEX
06-08-2003, 05:32 PM
That Predrtor is a nice looking machine:) If I were in the market for a new quad that would be at the top of the list;)
In the third pic (I think) it looks kinda wide, not in a bad way... maybe it is the angle or the pic or the tires. Do you know off hand the width? Well I suppose I couild get off my butt and look it up myself:rolleyes: lol! Just wondering...

Joe

QuadJunkies
06-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
That Predrtor is a nice looking machine:) If I were in the market for a new quad that would be at the top of the list;)
In the third pic (I think) it looks kinda wide, not in a bad way... maybe it is the angle or the pic or the tires. Do you know off hand the width? Well I suppose I couild get off my butt and look it up myself:rolleyes: lol! Just wondering...

Joe Thanks Joe;) . No problem..... Heres the specks on it..... :) http://predator.polarisindustries.com/techdata.asp

twisted threads
06-10-2003, 09:11 AM
Here are my two slow Honda's with Haulers:cool:

QuadJunkies
06-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Here are my two slow Honda's with Haulers:cool: lookin good! :cool:

Chef
06-10-2003, 04:53 PM
I want a pic of the Padla Brats uncut. 18 Paddles on those mothas! :eek: Every place between those paddles where there is a line, there was a paddle. I want a set.

Here is 9 Paddle Extreme Haulers, on my Banshee.

twisted threads
06-11-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Chef
I want a pic of the Padla Brats uncut. 18 Paddles on those mothas! :eek: Every place between those paddles where there is a line, there was a paddle. I want a set.
These are not them but they look cool.:cool:

QuadJunkies
06-11-2003, 04:50 AM
These are not them but they look cool.:cool: I saw all thesand tires on thatweb site.hmmmmmm some of them look pretty interesting.....:)

predator600cc
06-15-2003, 09:42 AM
how did the roosters work

QuadJunkies
06-15-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by predator600cc
how did the roosters work Im so dissapointed in these paddles!!!:mad: They are the biggest POS paddles I have EVER used!!! ONE day of riding and the paddles are ALL peeling off inthe center of the cup!! And these are suppose to be for a High HP quad??? Total garbage....Dont even blink an eye at these paddles guys....Im gonna posy a few pics and shoe you what they look like after getting through 3 days on them..This sand is a rougher sand and all, but these tires shoulod have NEVER done this after one day of wear....:( Im going back to what I know works... my Turbo paddles,but not befroe giving MAxxis a piece of my mind and emailing themn a pics of the tires, if I get lucky, maybe with reciept in hand and a pic to email them ,they will replace them, but Im not going to hold my breath......:rolleyes: Wish I had better review,but I would hate for any of you to watset your money on them........

JOEX
06-15-2003, 05:18 PM
That is too bad :(...I was expecting a decent product from a big name company like Maxxis for the $$ they are charging for their products.
I hope this an isolated incident rather than a respected company gouging the consumer:( :grr: :(

Let 'em have it!!!

Joe

twisted threads
06-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Im so dissapointed in these paddles!!!:mad: They are the biggest POS paddles I have EVER used!!!

Tina that sucks that there ripping all ready!!:confused: Where did you go riding at? If I was you I would send them back and get your money back also (if you can). What bike were they Roosters on?

Natertot426ex
06-16-2003, 01:54 AM
I was there to see them. I was amazed that it happened. It's almost like they didn't use a hard enough rubber for them. Thanks for the food and stuff Tina. I had a great time. I laid at home most of the day yesterday because My back hurt and it still hurts today. I sure wish I knew what I did to it.

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 05:11 AM
I was there to see them. I was amazed that it happened. It's almost like they didn't use a hard enough rubber for them. Thanks for the food and stuff Tina. I had a great time. I laid at home most of the day yesterday because My back hurt and it still hurts today. I sure wish I knew what I did to it. Anytime Nathan!If you ever want to go ride, give us a call,;) Sorry about your back, Im a bit sore today myself :o and lookin a little Jamacian today....:p Maybe you should go and have it looked at.... You know when I got home Yesterday I had an alarming message on my phoen, my Dad was in Critical Condition at St. Al's from a heart attack on Fri and I didnt even know about it until late last night:(..He is ok now thank God..

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 05:11 AM
Tina that sucks that there ripping all ready!!:confused: Where did you go riding at? If I was you I would send them back and get your money back also (if you can). What bike were they Roosters on? Ryan, they were on the Predator....Im calling them when they open first thing today.....

Natertot426ex
06-16-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Anytime Nathan!If you ever want to go ride, give us a call,;) Sorry about your back, Im a bit sore today myself :o and lookin a little Jamacian today....:p Maybe you should go and have it looked at.... You know when I got home Yesterday I had an alarming message on my phoen, my Dad was in Critical Condition at St. Al's from a heart attack on Fri and I didnt even know about it until late last night:(..He is ok now thank God..

I am sorry to hear about your Dad. My Dad had one when he was 35. I was too young to know what was going on but I remember going and seeing him at the Hospital. I think my back will be better in a couple days. I have a slipped disk and it acts up a little. I just have to pop my back into place and it take a couple days for the pain to go. Let me know on the dates of the race out at pleasant valley. I may go.

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 06:02 AM
heres the pic, RMATV is goingto take alook at my email pics and determine whether they will let me exchange them for a set of Extreme Haulers instead..

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 06:03 AM

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 06:04 AM
:(

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 06:05 AM
:huh

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 07:10 AM
heres some more .......

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 07:11 AM

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 07:11 AM
:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 07:12 AM

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 07:13 AM
#######

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 07:14 AM

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 07:15 AM
every single paddle is like this........:mad:

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 07:16 AM
as you can see. not ONE single rock chip..........Maxxis better come through on this thats all I have to say.....:(

XANDADA
06-16-2003, 07:16 AM
Daaang, that stinks...what a rip-off:(
I'd bet their gonna say that it looks like you rode them on hardpack or the street and aren't gonna refund the $:mad:

Good luck and thanks for sharing the info. If I ever need a sand tire I certainly won't be looking at those!

QuadJunkies
06-16-2003, 07:23 AM
I dont doubt it, but I have a pic and the date of the pic over the wk end showing pics of where I was riding,if that aint good enough,, well, they can bite me then I guess,Im not out to rip them off like they may think I am, a paddle hould last for more than one-two days..:(......Ill let you know what the outcome is......

own2424
06-16-2003, 01:32 PM
That sucks, I thought their quality was supposed to be good. I saw some guy at Glamis with a z400 with those, looks like they were holding up alright. Well, I hope you get everything worked out right!

twisted threads
06-20-2003, 01:38 PM
So Tina what did they say about them paddles?? Are they going to give your money back?

QuadJunkies
06-20-2003, 07:27 PM
So Tina what did they say about them paddles?? Are they going to give your money back? RMATV wanted to send off the pics I emailed them to Maxxis to evaluate, ....I think they will bone me.:mad: But they told me they will let me know no later than Mon.....

J.A.B. Racing
06-21-2003, 08:13 AM
That really sucks those paddles looked great but after seeing what happened to them I won't ever look in to them:ermm: My Extremes held up great on my buds bike and its high horsepower:D Hope they don't stiff ya:grr: Are those Blue plastics on the 400? :eek2:

roostin_dale
06-21-2003, 02:06 PM
wow that sucks QJ!

When i went to little sahara I picked them up and laid them on the counter..the worker said"Put those back.."

me:I just want to buy them man!
Worker:No you don't..they are the worst paddles i have ever used...go get those sand sharks over there!

So i picked up the sand sharks and put them on..rode with them for four days and held up great..i also took them back again and still held up for 3 more days....we are headin back here pretty soon..

roostin_dale
06-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Are those Blue plastics on the 400? :eek2:

Take a closer look Bro......thats a Kasea 90 not a 400

QuadJunkies
06-22-2003, 04:19 AM
That really sucks those paddles looked great but after seeing what happened to them I won't ever look in to them:ermm: My Extremes held up great on my buds bike and its high horsepower:D Hope they don't stiff ya:grr: Are those Blue plastics on the 400? :eek2: lol.Thats my Daughters Kasea 90:D ......I get asked that alot. When they are side by side, it looks just like a mini 400ex........I was bummed, those tires were sweet *** lookin too.:( Else they call tomorrow............Or Im callin them, I think a weel is MORE than fair to look at a few pics ...:grr:

chad400ex
06-22-2003, 05:07 AM
I'll sell you some Geckos....give you a great deal!!! J/K....I'm still riding on those crummy tires, but at least they haven't fallen apart. Glad I didn't wait longer and buy the Roosters. I'm really thinking about a set of those Turbo Paddles or Extreme Haulers. I'm picking my quad up today from my "hook-up" over at Powroll. They did a little "heart surgery". Now I've got a shiny new J.E. high compression piston with high temp coating, hotcams stage 2, and a few other things. Still a "400"....I think I'll surprise a few people out there, but I'm gonna need better paddles to use this new power.

J.A.B. Racing
06-22-2003, 03:07 PM
LOL :huh Thats funny I thought it looked a little small:blah:

QuadJunkies
06-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by chad400ex
I'll sell you some Geckos....give you a great deal!!! J/K....I'm still riding on those crummy tires, but at least they haven't fallen apart. Glad I didn't wait longer and buy the Roosters. I'm really thinking about a set of those Turbo Paddles or Extreme Haulers. I'm picking my quad up today from my "hook-up" over at Powroll. They did a little "heart surgery". Now I've got a shiny new J.E. high compression piston with high temp coating, hotcams stage 2, and a few other things. Still a "400"....I think I'll surprise a few people out there, but I'm gonna need better paddles to use this new power. you cant go wrong with either .;) Sounds like you got yaself a sweet runnin quad!:blah: Mine will be in for some upgrades in the fall,its had alot of miles for only being a year and a half old,so Ill be doing a 416 or a new "Something" by spring.......:D

QuadJunkies
06-23-2003, 05:06 AM
Well today is the day.Im callin RMATV right now:mad: . Not waiting no more.......

twisted threads
06-23-2003, 08:20 AM
So what did they say to you about the Roosters?

QuadJunkies
06-23-2003, 05:33 PM
So what did they say to you about the Roosters? WEll, the guy was away from his desk and so they told me to leave him a voice mail andhe would call me back when he got back from lunch.........................Well...............h e NEVER called........ :mad: I WILL talk to someone tomorrow lunch or no lunch......:grr:

J.A.B. Racing
06-24-2003, 03:03 PM
U guys hear anything back yet on those paddles:scary: Just wondering:o

QuadJunkies
06-25-2003, 03:31 AM
U guys hear anything back yet on those paddles:scary: Just wondering:o Well, yes and no...... RMATV forward the pics to Maxxis, they think they were rode on dirt roads all day.....JUST AS I THOUGHT... So easy to blame the rider,So, again we called and talked to RMAVT and got a supervisor involved and told them we are running low on time for paddles since our trip is coming soon and that if you looked at each pic she would see......NO ROCK CHIPS:mad: and that paddle was splitting in the cup NOT CAUSED FROM ROCKS. she was surprised when this was brouhgt up and asked if we could please send them to them and they would "TRY" to swap them out and fight it out with the manufacter, she said she will call me today again after talking with a few others cause I dont want to pay to ship them and be out my tires too if they dont swap them out. I sent them around 20 pics and they were good pics so hopefdully ill find out more today...

Natertot426ex
06-25-2003, 03:53 AM
Hey Tina if they don't beleive you I will vouch for you since I was there when it happened. Tell them you have a few people that were there and have them all give them a peice of there mind!

QuadJunkies
06-25-2003, 03:59 AM
Hey Tina if they don't beleive you I will vouch for you since I was there when it happened. Tell them you have a few people that were there and have them all give them a peice of there mind! Thanks Nathan..;)

QuadJunkies
06-25-2003, 06:50 AM
good news!!!!!!!!!!:) :cool: :D RMATV called me today, and they deciced to go ahead and send out my paddles today!!I got extreme Haulers 20x10x10-8 paddle)the rims I ordered separate at time I couldnt get the tire I wanted) So llooks like I may be out shipoing them back, but the Roosters were replaced.RMATV went as far as to say we have done so much business with them and wanted to make sure we were taken care of ,even if they have to eat it on the tires....:eek2: Now thats what I call good service! I hope Maxxis takes care of them as well as they have us,they really went the extra mile especially shipping out new ones before getting the old ones back. I thin/ they trully believed us that the tires were in fact CRAP, and after seeing the pics and talking on the phone ,they know were not some punk kids dragging them on ashault of gravel.......now I cant wait to see how those extremes work!!!!!
:blah: :macho :cool:

twisted threads
06-25-2003, 08:48 AM
Im glad to see RMatv treat you so well. I have had nothing but good things to say about RMatv..there the best. And for the Extremes ....I think you will be very happy with them. :cool:

J.A.B. Racing
06-25-2003, 03:16 PM
Thats Great:D I think u will like the Extremes :devil: I do