PDA

View Full Version : Potato Guns...Rd.2

TheRedRebel17
06-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Why was my post deleted????

Anyways, i built the one shown eariler.... and i cant get the clear spraypaint to ignite. Im using a flintsparker on the endcap....

HELP

NTPracing22
06-03-2003, 12:02 PM
ive never used clean sprypaint..i used hairspray. but your probley putting too much in..don't put much, because when there is too much vapor it won't light. fyi, you can get put in jail for having one of those. I have about 12, and my neighbor is a cop, so i know its true

wilkin250r
06-03-2003, 12:19 PM
You want to get alot of power out of a potato gun? Here's the secret...

The first part is so simple you probably already have it, but I see so many people not do it.

File the front edge of your potato gun to a sharp taper, and make sure you get potatoes bigger than the pipe. That way, when you shove the potato it, the front edge cuts it to perfect diameter, giving you and airtight fit.

Get one of those small propane torches. When you put the potato in, only push it in a little bit, so the potato is still at the end of the barrel. Fill the combustion chamber with a little bit of propane from the torch (don't light the torch). Put the seal on the combustion chamber.

Then (and here is the secret) now you push the potato all the way down the barrel. This will slightly compress your fuel/air mixture, giving you explosive results. :devil:

I am not liable for any injury that results from the use of this method.

Ben
06-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by TheRedRebel17
Why was my post deleted????

Because this is highly dangerous activity and I think Wilkin250r sums it up for you

Originally posted by wilkin250r
I am not liable for any injury that results from the use of this method.