PDA

View Full Version : West Coast / Northern California racing?

thejeepdude
06-03-2003, 07:45 AM
I was thinking it would be a lot of fun to try my luck in a novice class race of some sort, but I can't find any info for circuits in my area (northern CA). I am more interested in XC type racing, but would even try MX just to have some fun with competing. Is there anyone on here from CA that races? I know there's a pretty large track in Marysville/Yuba City that I might go check out and see if there's anything actually organized there. There's also Prairie City, but that seems to be a dirt bike venue mostly. I was also thinking about calling the local dealers and MX shops to see if they know anything about local race schedules, but most seem to cater to bikes and don't know anything about quad racing. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks! :D

thejeepdude
06-04-2003, 05:11 AM
bumpety bump bump :blah:

NO ONE races on the left coast? This is going to be harder than I thought.... :ermm:

Narly R
06-04-2003, 06:35 AM
well I try to in oregon but there just isnt hardly and MX tracks here and I have NEVER heard of and XC here ither, but Im shure there will be more in Cali but go on the internet and see if u can find anything, I just started surchin on mine and found some tracks! :ermm:

wilkin250r
06-04-2003, 12:48 PM
Where in northern CA are you? I'm in Reno, Nevada and I'm looking for the same thing. There is a small race circuit here, but it may have gone under...

thejeepdude
06-04-2003, 02:05 PM
I'm in the Sacramento area... not too far from Reno. I hit Reno every once in a while, but didn't know there was anything for quads there. Actually I'm going through there next weekend to hit Sand Mountain again... if I don't find a racing organization in our area sometime soon, maybe we'll just have to start our own! :p I mean, I'm not looking for anything big deal, just a few friendly people who wanna compete at a purely just for fun level...

JOEX
06-04-2003, 06:45 PM
There doesn't seem to chit for organized racing in these parts:(
What needs to be done to make this happen?

Joe

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 07:15 AM
There used to be a couple, but their websites are not up anymore. I think they went under.

Northern Nevada Quad Racing Association. www.nnqra.com

Sierra Nevada ATV Association www.snatv.com

I think the Motorcycle Racing Association of Northern Nevada occasionally has an ATV class in a few of it's events. It might be a good place to start and get some info. www.racemrann.com

If you find anything, let me know. I haven't checked anything the the Sacramento area.

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 07:21 AM
I just emailed the president of NNQRA, I'll keep you posted.

Bretmd94
06-05-2003, 09:19 AM
I want to race also. We jsut got 2 new tracks in So Oregon, making that a total of 3. :eek: Mainly Motorcycles i think. I know the original one had quad races. I think maybe 6 or so would show up. :ermm: We should start our own XC race.

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 12:11 PM
I know of a few motocross tracks near the Reno, Nevada area. One is in Fernley, the other is Honey Lake just north of Reno.

Davids440ex
06-05-2003, 01:51 PM
i dont know what you guys are talking about but there is all kinds of races over here,

Around the bay area the local promoter is mutant motorsprots there web site is www.mutantmotorsports.com

in california there is the itp quad cross series at glen helen there web sitw is www.quadcross.com

then towards the beginingof the year there are some supercross races down south the clear channle puts on there web site is www.proquads.com

i don't know if there is xc racing around here i'm only a mx racer

Bretmd94
06-05-2003, 02:18 PM
those are all over 8 hour drives for me. I dont think so to race against 10 people.

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Yeah, all those are down in Southern Cal. We're looking for something a little closer.

Davids440ex
06-05-2003, 05:25 PM
well one thing your going to learn about california is you have to drive to race
i know there are also race in marysville

wilkin250r
06-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Marysville might be a possibility, but I'm not going to drive down to San Diego for a little quad race. Isn't there something in the Sacremento area?

Davids440ex
06-05-2003, 05:41 PM
san diego ant a small race thats one of the biggest races in cali, the only thing is you need to be fast

TT 400ex
06-05-2003, 06:22 PM
i race almost all summer. you can race tt in lodi,chowchilla,tulare. they also have flat track series all around here its a lot of fun. went to salinas 4 weeks ago for a tt event they had around 40-50 quads. cma puts them on its the bounty hunter series and they do motorcross too

Davids440ex
06-05-2003, 07:22 PM
cma is alright they dont get a big turn out for mx, i plan to do some tt next year with my new quad

TT 400ex
06-06-2003, 04:29 AM
yea the merced fair is going to be a tt this year what kind of bike are you building to tt.

Davids440ex
06-06-2003, 09:12 PM
im either going to have a crf 450 are the new yamaha

310Rduner
06-07-2003, 08:37 PM
I live down here in san jose, and the mutantmotorsports series is right here at Hollister, Carneghie,and Metcalf...

that should only be a 3 hours drive from Sacramento..

www.mutantmotorsports.com

wilkin250r
09-18-2003, 05:48 PM
I found some information. One club cancelled it's summer series, no news yet on the Fall series.

www.nnqra.net

www.tsqracing.com

There's a possibility that we could be the deciding factor in the NNQRA going foward or going under, let's get as much participation as possible.

TT 400ex
09-18-2003, 05:57 PM
wilkin have you ever been to lodi cycle bowl cause there were some guys that came down from nevada

wilkin250r
09-19-2003, 09:38 AM
Never been to Lodi. Is it something I should check into?

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Where in northern CA are you? I'm in Reno, Nevada and I'm looking for the same thing. There is a small race circuit here, but it may have gone under... Theres a race coming uop in Oct. a few from Idaho are hittin that race. Ill try and get some info for all who want to come.......;)

QuadJunkies
09-19-2003, 10:49 AM
I found some information. One club cancelled it's summer series, no news yet on the Fall series.

www.nnqra.net

www.tsqracing.com

There's a possibility that we could be the deciding factor in the NNQRA going foward or going under, let's get as much participation as possible. Wow....that TT track looks like fun.....:eek: :cool: We have a TT coming in the spring..

wilkin250r
09-19-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Wow....that TT track looks like fun.....:eek: :cool: We have a TT coming in the spring..

I really hope they don't cancel the fall series. Right now, I think my quad would be real competitive in the TT series, it sits real low and wide, and the big 340 has plenty of power. I don't think I have the suspension for MX yet. I think my next mod will be ZPS all around, so I'll be able to do both.

wilkin250r
09-19-2003, 11:02 AM
Theres a race coming uop in Oct. a few from Idaho are hittin that race. Ill try and get some info for all who want to come.......;)

Yeah, get me some info. As I dig further, I find more information, but somebody already involved in racing will be able to point me in a direction. So far, I've only found the 1 race club, and one racing team. I think if I can make it out to a race, I can actually talk to some people that will help me get involved.

TT 400ex
09-19-2003, 12:47 PM
let me know when the next tt race is in nevada. in oct we have a quad tt race in chowchilla ca with a pro purse 500 to 800$.that might be worth the drive for you

wilkin250r
09-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by TT 400ex
let me know when the next tt race is in nevada. in oct we have a quad tt race in chowchilla ca with a pro purse 500 to 800$.that might be worth the drive for you

That sounds interesting, but without having raced before, I'm certainly not going to jump onto the pro class. I've seen a few small races going on this weekend and next weekend. It's an offroad buggy series, and they just happen to have a quad class.

www.vorra.com

They are going to have a race in Sac on Sept 27 & 28, (weekend after next) and I might check that out. I won't race, my quad is out of commission, but I can certainly check it out and gather information.

Duncanracer
09-20-2003, 09:07 PM
try the WORCS race in October i think? its in milford,CA at honeylake MX park...WORCS races are a combination of desert,mx,trails, and street...www.worcsracing.com
check te date and everything...

wilkin250r
09-22-2003, 10:46 AM
WORCS only has one or two races a year that are close enough for me to make it...

QuadJunkies
09-22-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Duncanracer
try the WORCS race in October i think? its in milford,CA at honeylake MX park...WORCS races are a combination of desert,mx,trails, and street...www.worcsracing.com
check te date and everything... This is the race we will be headed to next month!:macho

wilkin250r
09-22-2003, 11:05 AM
This is the race we will be headed to next month!:macho

You're going to be there? That may just be the deciding factor for me going. I was going to try to make it, I don't think I'll be ready to race, but I can check it out and talk to some people about racing. I've sent some emails out, but I haven't gotten any response. Maybe I just need to get to a race and talk to some people in person.

QuadJunkies
09-22-2003, 11:19 AM
You're going to be there? That may just be the deciding factor for me going. I was going to try to make it, I don't think I'll be ready to race, but I can check it out and talk to some people about racing. I've sent some emails out, but I haven't gotten any response. Maybe I just need to get to a race and talk to some people in person. As the time drws near, If ya want I ll give you a buzz for sure on the race. Im waitijng for my Freind who races this every year to get me a schedule,Im going to try and go with Troy for the race if I can swing it off work so I can film it.....:D Heck maybe take my quad along and have some funn too!!!!We have a group of around 6-7 going from Idaho if they all are still planning on it, I know they all talked about it this past wk end.

wilkin250r
09-22-2003, 12:53 PM
As the time drws near, If ya want I ll give you a buzz for sure on the race. Im waitijng for my Freind who races this every year to get me a schedule,Im going to try and go with Troy for the race if I can swing it off work so I can film it.....:D Heck maybe take my quad along and have some funn too!!!!We have a group of around 6-7 going from Idaho if they all are still planning on it, I know they all talked about it this past wk end.

Sure, if you bring your quad, I'll drag mine and we'll go for a ride before or after the race.

QuadJunkies
09-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Sure, if you bring your quad, I'll drag mine and we'll go for a ride before or after the race. Sounds like a plan....;)

wilkin250r
09-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Sounds like a plan....;)

Positive or negative, drop me PM as it draws near.

thunderbowl
06-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Hey everybody,

I just stumbled on this thread but if anyone's out there checkout the complete 2006 quad ATV racing series in Nevada your next time through town @:
http://www.nevadaracing.com/thunderbowl/

There's still 11 events left this season and they are running seven competitive classes:

Novice Blaster & 250-350cc 4 stroke
Expert Blaster & 250-350cc 4 stroke
Novice 400cc 4 stroke & 250cc 2 stroke
Expert 400cc 4 stroke & 250cc 2 stroke
Novice 450cc+ 4 stroke & 350cc+ 2 stroke
Expert 450cc+ 4 stroke & 350cc+ 2 stroke
Open Pro Quad

f1502nv
09-06-2006, 10:34 PM
hey i know this thing is 3 years old but just to let you know marysville now has a quad night only evry monday night from 5-9 and at the last race they had 2 full gates of quads....just if someone is still interested

thejeepdude
09-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by f1502nv
hey i know this thing is 3 years old but just to let you know marysville now has a quad night only evry monday night from 5-9 and at the last race they had 2 full gates of quads....just if someone is still interested

All in one class or did they have enough people to break em up? Might have to give it a shot...

f1502nv
09-07-2006, 08:46 AM
they were broke up in their own class

QuadJunkies
09-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Duncanracer
check te date and everything... This brings back some memories!!:eek2:

This series has REALLY grown!!:cool:

I think we had like 62 riders TOTAL that round,like 11 of us from Idaho then.:p
I wonder why they arent part of the series anymore?

wilkin250r
09-09-2006, 01:36 PM
This brings back some memories!!:eek2:

This series has REALLY grown!!:cool:

I think we had like 62 riders TOTAL that round,like 11 of us from Idaho then.:p
I wonder why they arent part of the series anymore?

It was the split. Milford is still part of the dirtbike series.

400exrider0004
09-09-2006, 08:48 PM
I am looking into the mutantmotorsports thing and I was wondering still if anyone has any information on this series. I know they race a lot down south but wandering if anything is closer up here in Fresno.

Thanks