PDA

View Full Version : ST. Anthony's in the summer?

DESDAK4
06-03-2003, 03:15 AM
I was woundering if anyone could tell me what it is like in the summer. Is it to hot, what is the weather like etc. I am thinking about making a trip over there this summer and was just wanting to get a feel for how it is during the summer months. Also do they have sound limits? Do they require a spark arrestor? And last for now are paddles a must?

Thanks for any help
Jay
USAF
AMMO

twisted threads
06-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Im almost positive you dont half to have a sparkarestor on your bike and I belive there is NO sound limits for St. Anthonys. As for weather in the summer time it is hot. But still a kick in the pants to ride. And yes paddles are a must for some of them hills.:cool:

DESDAK4
06-03-2003, 09:03 AM
Cool, if any of you guys cold give me good info on camping and stuff over there that would be great. Hopefully QuadJunkies will chime in before long and give me some good info. Again thanks for the help.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

Natertot426ex
06-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Yes it is hot but that is ok. Some people stay at Sandhills. There are egin lakes at the BLM camground. Don't know the status on that and the old farmers place. There are also some camping a little farther down on the left past sandhills.

QuadJunkies
06-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
Cool, if any of you guys cold give me good info on camping and stuff over there that would be great. Hopefully QuadJunkies will chime in before long and give me some good info. Again thanks for the help.

Jay
USAF
AMMO Did someone say St A's!!!???? LOL.... The weather is so undetermined up there, we went in Jun and July last year, this time last year(fathers day wk end) it was horrible duning weather all but one day.. 50MPH winds and rainSo.....we went back up in July and it was beautiful. low 80's with light breeze. OR....it could get hot.... Are you staying in a RV? Or do you sand camp?You coming along with us in July????:blah:

DESDAK4
06-04-2003, 01:42 AM
I am not sure How I will camp because up here in ND I pull my camper with my quads on a trailer behind that and you can't do that over there. If I have a group with me then they will bring the quads and I will bring the camper otherwise we would most likely want a hotel or something. It looks like if I make it over there it will be the first part of August because I will be picking between Dune Fest in OR or ST. Anthony's which is only half as far away. I just want to check it out and ride the dunes to see if I might want to get stationed over there in the future.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

QuadJunkies
06-04-2003, 02:24 AM
I am not sure How I will camp because up here in ND I pull my camper with my quads on a trailer behind that and you can't do that over there. If I have a group with me then they will bring the quads and I will bring the camper otherwise we would most likely want a hotel or something. It looks like if I make it over there it will be the first part of August because I will be picking between Dune Fest in OR or ST. Anthony's which is only half as far away. I just want to check it out and ride the dunes to see if I might want to get stationed over there in the future.

Jay
USAF
AMMO Awe.. thats too bad you cant make it up for the trip...:( Well, we stay at Best Western in Rexburg, NOT St. A's that place is a total dive!! There is also a Days Inn I believe its called, Dune Surfer made Reservations there so he will be able to tell you if its an good place to stay, we get our rates for dirt cheap and Best Western and it has a pool and hot tub(nice for after a day of riding);) The dunes are roughly 20 minutes from town and are very easy to find if you go straight through town and out the back side of it. I was going to come up for Dunefest this year I heard its a blast, and yet I heard it was a rip off for all the fees that went up... Our trip to ORe will be next year for sure.....

DESDAK4
06-04-2003, 02:36 AM
Yeah I grew up on the OR dunes so I try and get back a often as the Military will let me. I will have to check with guys before I come that way and see how everything went and what not.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

Natertot426ex
06-04-2003, 02:43 AM
Hey desak what do you do in the AF? I am in the Guard

QuadJunkies
06-04-2003, 02:46 AM
Yeah I grew up on the OR dunes so I try and get back a often as the Military will let me. I will have to check with guys before I come that way and see how everything went and what not.

Jay
USAF
AMMO I used to live on the Ore coast also.I lived in Hebo its not too far from Tilliamook...I sure miss it there......:(

DESDAK4
06-04-2003, 03:14 AM
I am an AMMO troop in the Air Force ( Build Bombs).

I was born and raised in Roseburg with most of my family living from Readsport to Newport and the surrounding areas.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

Natertot426ex
06-04-2003, 03:16 AM
Cool I am a Jet engine Mechanic on the A-10 here is Boise Idaho.

DESDAK4
06-04-2003, 03:36 AM
That is cool, I love the A-10 they are just bad. I have thought about getting stationed over that way but I am just not sure if I want to move.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

type3tom
06-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Just got back last week from 5 days at St. Anthonys and can I say it was way too hot at least for me,it was in the 90s which was unseasonably hot so you rode till bout 1:00 and then maybe in the evening.Still had a blast but be carefull over there someone died out in the dunes the day before we showed up.

QuadJunkies
06-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by type3tom
Just got back last week from 5 days at St. Anthonys and can I say it was way too hot at least for me,it was in the 90s which was unseasonably hot so you rode till bout 1:00 and then maybe in the evening.Still had a blast but be carefull over there someone died out in the dunes the day before we showed up. I had frineds go up that wk end too and Yes, a guy died:( This is the third deaht in a month I have read about unfrotunatly..... Out there so many people just go jumoing and dont scout it out befroe hand and then fall to there deaths... Lots of Razorbacks and witches eyes..90's are hot but when you ride in the heat like we are used to here(IC your from Tacoma, alot more lid than our wether is here) its alot better than riding in cold ,wet 50 MPH winds and with having 4 days to play, I think its worth the gamble. Did you have a good time? Any pics???:blah: