PDA

View Full Version : boring otu carb

Martin Blair
06-02-2003, 05:31 PM
i have some questions aobut this.

how much does it cost, and who does it?
what all does it invloe just boring out the venturi?
it still leaves it as a pumper carb, i need the low end power?
does its remove the choke?
and how much more power is expected?

thanks

cals400ex
06-03-2003, 07:33 PM
you can get it done by rocky ridge and curtis sparks. rocky does it for $125 and curtis does it for $175 i believe. i don't have it done but i was told you would notice a difference. i have not been able to get a good answer on here to determine how much you gain powerwise. most say you will feel a gain, however, most say that when you remove the choke. i removed the choke and did not gain anything in a drag race. i even rejetted also. i have been wondering the same thing as you for quite a while.

JD400exrider
06-03-2003, 08:05 PM
I have been trying to get as much info as i can on this as i am going between the carb mod or a fcr 39.
If i have it done i am going to go through sparks. The main reason they are in CA and closer to send it off to, ugly motha has had rocky ridge do his.

I was told by scott at sparks racing that the stock 35.5mm carb FLOWS comparable to a 34mm mikuni flat slide carb.

With the modifaction it will Flow comparable to a 36mm mikiuni flat side carb. Basicly a increase of 2mm in flow rate

I believe they remove the choke and clean up some of the areas for a better flow. As with allot of engine builders they do not get real specific on what they do. There is an increase through out the power band. Not as good on the top end as a fcr 39. The throttle responce is supposed to be better with the stock carb mod though. I would call sparks if you are interested. Scott is a good guy and does take the time to explain. I dont know about rocky ridge, however Rico or Ugly Motha should be able to give there number.

Now I am waiting to see what is up with the 2004 ex carb. Is it a 38mm or Not. :confused: :confused2 Just going to wait and see.

Good Luck

UglyMotha™
06-04-2003, 01:34 AM
Ya i had mine done thru rocky ridge, i have no idea as to the amount of power increase you can expect due to the fact i did everything to my motor including the carb so it was a very drastic change and i don't know how much the carb by itself did, if you want the number to rocky ridge i can get it for you just let me know it was 125 you could probably talk to them and they can tell you how much of a power increase to expect

cals400ex
06-04-2003, 10:47 AM
i do know that rocky ridge is never there though.

remlapr
06-04-2003, 11:18 AM
Mutha - what was your turn around time from Rockyridge? Were you able to get someone on the phone to check on it - if you even had too? Is Rockyridge in Western Kentucky??

UglyMotha™
06-05-2003, 01:42 AM
i had rocy ridge three times when i had my carb done and got thru with no probs everytime so i don't know ther problem there and i took about a week and a half from the day i shipped it till the day i got it back