PDA

View Full Version : I put the T-4 on the 250ex...

TRFOXX
06-02-2003, 05:21 PM
and sure enough it backfires some, rides great but went to check the plug and it was a little white:eek: I messed with the fuel/air screw a bit but still pops when letting off the gas. It has the stock jets in it, what size should I go up to? 104, 105? stock air filter with lid. If I change the main jet will it richin up my my spark plug and keep it running cooler and not so white? Its not real bad but I dont want to burn up the machine! Whats your thoughts?:confused:

Sportrax10
06-02-2003, 05:56 PM
Buy a K&N jet kit, and do what their instructions say. Good luck

TRFOXX
06-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Sorry, but I cant see paying that much for a K&N jet kit when all I need is 1 jet. I dont want to have to open the the air box up either we ride in WAY too much mud around here. If i have too Ill buy the Uni vents but really dont want to open up the air box. Yeah more power most likelly but my 11 year old dosent really need it right now at this time. I would buy a uni before i would but a K&N air filter for the places we ride its all mud all the time. I read about half the time those directions are not right! I just want the some of the poping to go away and the spark plug not so white! help please!

300exTJjeeper
06-02-2003, 06:35 PM
yeah forget those kits a waste of real money.
But I suggest to go up 2 sizes on the main leave the clip alone and maybe go 1 size up on the pilot.

so the most by 2 jets and that will get you in the ball park if not exact with just a T4

Got one on mine 300 nice pipe for the price.

Good Luck

Sportrax10
06-02-2003, 06:55 PM
I meant a K&N jet kit, not a K&N air filter and a jet kit. K&N makes the jet kit. But not that you mentioned it, IMO, you should get the UNI air filter with the pipe. And I still stand behing the jet kit. You pay a little extra money, but K&N makes great products and it makes it all a lot easier. You also have spare jets for the future in case you need to rejet. Good luck again.

brokeitin3
06-03-2003, 12:37 AM
and purchase a 100 and a 102 main, these seem to be the most common sizes used with the lid on. just make sure to get the keihn brand.

250EXking
06-03-2003, 01:54 AM
right now im running three down on my clip and needle and 112 jet. and 12 disc on my e-series and 2 1/2 turns on the air screw.

TRFOXX
06-03-2003, 04:20 AM
Im going to the Honda dealer today to get a 102 main jet i think that this will be the right jet since im not moding anything else. Thanks to all for comments! If the plug is still white ill try a 104.

TRFOXX
06-03-2003, 07:24 AM
OK got the 105 main jet today, Now where exactly is it located on the carborator. I looked at service Honda but its not making real good since to me:confused: Is it on the top or the bottom and what side is it on if im sitting on the machine? Do i have to take off any plastic? Need help guys thanks!

250exen
06-03-2003, 09:42 AM
ok im guessing you need to know where to put the jets...
well, what you gotta do is go take of your left side pannel plastic(when sitting on quad) and take of your airbox. that will get you to your carb. take the 2 nuts off the carb thats holding it on. you will need a thin wreanch to do it, its tricky. after you get it off, take off all the easy hoses to take out. (not the big one on top, you can leave it!)turn it upside down and take the 3 screws out that hold on the bowl(i think thats what it is!) after you do that, you gotta figure out where that little plastic thing goes that most likly fell out when you took of the bowl. now you see a long "stick" of brass sticking out of your carb. take off the top part of it. you will need to use a metric wreanch and a flat head to gt it off. now is the time to change your pailet(sorry, cant spell today!) jet if your gonna, but i recomend you keep it stock. the jet SHOULD be ABOUT 1 inch long. if its longer, you got the other jet to. swap in the new jet, and do the opposite of what i just said.

hope that is what you were asking cuse it felt like i was typing a noval.

tj

TRFOXX
06-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Thanks 250exen it is greatly appreciated!!:cool: