PDA

View Full Version : schock shoot out.

quader400
06-02-2003, 02:21 PM
between these three which is better. elka tripples with rezzies, tcs triples with rezzies, or works stadium series with rezzies. i think its mainly between elka and tcs but i threw in the works cause my friend might be getting a pair so i wanted to see how good they are and how good they match up.

quader400
06-02-2003, 02:23 PM
i have the elka tripples with rezzies and i love them. so what do you guys think.

quader400
06-03-2003, 12:27 PM
come one guys lets get some info.

pane2k
06-03-2003, 02:49 PM
i got my new tcs but didnt get to test em out yet. I guess TCS and ELKA are pretty even. All depends on the rider and how theyre setup IMO

RobRacing
06-04-2003, 08:37 AM
Get Custom Axis!! They are the best shocks made, nobody comes close to their quality!! They may be a little on the expensive side but they are way better than anything out there and are well worth the money. I heard all the pro's that are getting paid to run Elka's, would rather run Axis and not get paid. And I'm talking like $20,000 to run elkas!! So what does that tell you? Get AXis NUFF Said!!!!

Tommy 17
06-04-2003, 08:51 AM
rob name me one pro that said that:o

seems like i see more elkas on ROLLZ design bikes now then i do axis...

wait elka sucks i forgot:o

norrisboat
06-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Rob Racing is correct. Quality wise, Custom axis is the best. I would have to say from talking to pros that the pep's are the best but the quality parts are not as good as custom axis. Pro's turn down sponsorships from elkas, tcs and works shocks to run pep's and custom axis. Elka is making a come back though. There are a couple of pros that run them, but the majority run pep and axis. Why do you think the wait for pep and axis is always so long?????

trx400ex
06-04-2003, 09:26 AM
i think axis and pep are def. the best two, i know guys that swear by pep, then guys that swear by axis......i just solved it the easy way....PEP front and axis rear:macho ....no but reall i think im selling the PEPs later and getting all axis

and 20,000 sounds a little high,, i dont think i could turn that down if they were stock!!!

06-04-2003, 09:55 AM
Buy what fits your budget. Most people can barely spell the names of shocks correctly much less give an opinion on them...:ermm:

QuadTrix6
06-04-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by RobRacing
Get Custom Axis!! They are the best shocks made, nobody comes close to their quality!! They may be a little on the expensive side but they are way better than anything out there and are well worth the money. I heard all the pro's that are getting paid to run Elka's, would rather run Axis and not get paid. And I'm talking like $20,000 to run elkas!! So what does that tell you? Get AXis NUFF Said!!!!

:rolleyes:

QuadTrix6
06-04-2003, 10:15 AM
if you have elka and like them then go with them again

DEAL
06-04-2003, 10:16 AM
I think Atv sport needs to do a shootout on these shocks...

AC 400 ex 02
06-04-2003, 11:26 AM
im looking into getting a pair of TCS shocks, i was looking at elka but i hear they suck so i chnged my mind

Rip_Tear
06-04-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by FreeStylexrider
I think Atv sport needs to do a shootout on these shocks...

I agree, but its more personal preference then anything. I am running stockers... and I love them...

QuadTrix6
06-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I agree, but its more personal preference then anything. I am running stockers... and I love them...

:eek2:

AC 400 ex 02
06-04-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
i think stockers are crap!:eek2: they dont soak up ***** and they bottom out all the time, but IMO

06-04-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by RobRacing
Get Custom Axis!! They are the best shocks made, nobody comes close to their quality!! They may be a little on the expensive side but they are way better than anything out there and are well worth the money. I heard all the pro's that are getting paid to run Elka's, would rather run Axis and not get paid. And I'm talking like $20,000 to run elkas!! So what does that tell you? Get AXis NUFF Said!!!! :rolleyes: sure custom axis and PEP shocks are great shocks..personaly i would lvoe to have them..but most people cant afford axis and most people dont feel like waiting 6 months for PEP's.....i persoanly am going with TCS LT for the front and a rebuild for the rear.....shocks are pretty much just whatever you prefer once you get up in the high prices......i wouldnt mind hvaing elka either..i feel that tcs and elka are prety much the same...i have never ridden on either one..but i would jsut rather have tcs.....and as far as the best shock

z400ACDC
06-04-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
rob name me one pro that said that:o

seems like i see more elkas on ROLLZ design bikes now then i do axis...

wait elka sucks i forgot:o
I can give you 2 pros that don't like the Elkas as well as Axis. William Yoakley and Brad Page. They have that contract to run Roll, IMS and Elkas and can't change back to Axis.

Rip_Tear
06-04-2003, 02:17 PM
I was just kidding (kinda), but I do like them better then utility shocks and they are better then none! Elka will get better in time, they haven't been doing ATV shocks that long, how long have Axis and Pep been doing that kind of stuff?

Paul400ex2002
06-04-2003, 02:43 PM
i'm with norrisboat on this one, go with the peps. I'm getting my long travel PEP/LSR front end for around the same price you'd pay just for LT Axis shocks.

KandK952
06-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Elka shocks are pretty good. They are getting much better than they were at first and Elka is constantly improving their shocks. They arent as good as PEP or Axis but I wouldnt rule them out. I have PEP fronts and rear but I just order a chassis so I got an axis rear, and plan on getting axis fronts soon. I love how the PEP's soak up big jumps but they arent as plush through little bumps and braking bumps as Axis.

OutlawEX
06-04-2003, 03:29 PM
:D

Martin Blair
06-04-2003, 03:42 PM
i am thinking aobut getting works because the price im only 15 and dont have a hell of alot of money but elkas re good shocks, theres no dpubt axis is the best and pep is a close second.

Martin Blair
06-04-2003, 03:56 PM
or i think i will get PEP standards there way better then works and only 595 instead of 519