PDA

View Full Version : dont know what to do with My 400

Ex_Rider43
06-02-2003, 01:58 PM
guys I went to my uncle's garage just to adjust the valves and he said that its not ticking as usual. he said its maybe in the crank.

I dont think it can be the crank, I think its the valves because they need to be adjusted. he said its not the sound of loose valves.

maybe my hotcam is making a diferent sound when the valves are loose???:confused:

anyway I put this in the open forum because I really dont know what to do with it. I dont want to change it because I love it but I dont want to open the motor every 3 months...:mad: I already had troubles with my motor this winter after the drags. ( the rockers were worn out as well as my race cam).

did you had troubles like that in the past with your 400??

"BLAHH"300!!
06-02-2003, 02:26 PM
i'd call a doctor and get a second oppinion.

or atleast get pop the caps off, and check the valve's
before i went any further.

06-02-2003, 02:32 PM
is it ticking? or knocking/slapping, if its tick its prob your timing chain is worn not expensive to fix , if its crank or piston time for a bike motor or big bore

Ex_Rider43
06-02-2003, 02:51 PM
yeah thanks freeride.

Im not perfect in english but I know what is ticking but the 2 other I dont.

crazybuffalo
06-02-2003, 02:58 PM
yeah freerides prolly right

mxdave28
06-02-2003, 02:59 PM
yoiu could give it to me if ya wanted :D

Glow Plug
06-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by mxdave28
yoiu could give it to me if ya wanted :D

you beat me to it lol

Ex_Rider43
06-02-2003, 03:46 PM
yeah what is knocking/ snapping??? is ticking the sound of loose valves???

Tommy 17
06-02-2003, 03:52 PM
i didn't know u didn't speak english...

my tc cam makes a ton of noise up there...

to hear a knockin noise go take ur hand... make a fist and hit ur nuckles off something wood...

to make a snappin noise go get a piece of wood and brake it in half... thats a snappin noise

to hear a poppin noise... get ur trigger finger... put it in ur mouth up against ur cheek and push out till ur finger moves outta ur moth... it'll make a poppin noise..

i'm not crazy about the poppin noise in ur cheek... its a kiddie thing but it works...

thats the easiest way i can describe a pop or knock:blah:

Ex_Rider43
06-02-2003, 04:02 PM
thanks tommy you are really helpful. now I think that the sound is normal. well my uncle knows it more. also my head gasket is leaking.

OH yeah I forgot, my bike didnt lose any power so can it still be a crank problem??

thanks guys

Quad18star
06-02-2003, 04:03 PM
ex_rider52 , je parle francais et je peut vous expliquer la difference entre le " ticking" et le "knocking/slapping"

Le knocking /slapping veut dire un cognage , comme si quelqu'un frappe sur une porte ou frappe les main ensemble . Le ticking est comme le son d'une horloge . Le ticking peut etre causer par la chaine de timming ou la cam . Sa fait quelques annees que je suis sorti de l'ecole , alors mon francais n'est pas parfait mais j'essais de mon mieux. S'y vous avez des question , vouz pouvez me le demander.

Ex_Rider43
06-02-2003, 04:07 PM
wow merci greg!!!

lets hope its the chain or the valves!!!

i dont want to invest in a 250r or maybe a dirt bike:(

I like my 400 so much:(

Ex_Rider43
06-03-2003, 04:04 AM
any other advice??

06-03-2003, 04:09 AM
Could be the POS hotcam you put in there. You do know they've had lots of problems with loose flanges right?????

Could also be normal operation of the motor..I know mine ticks too even after a valve adjustment...:ermm:

UglyMotha™
06-03-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Could be the POS hotcam you put in there. You do know they've had lots of problems with loose flanges right?????

Could also be normal operation of the motor..I know mine ticks too even after a valve adjustment...:ermm:

least yours don't howl like mine :confused2

F-16Guy
06-03-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Rico

If my flange comes loose, I'm gonna throw my d@mn engine through HotCams' front window like the old lady in the Discount Tires commercial! :mad:

Doibugu2
06-03-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
ex_rider52 , je parle francais et je peut vous expliquer la difference entre le " ticking" et le "knocking/slapping"

Le knocking /slapping veut dire un cognage , comme si quelqu'un frappe sur une porte ou frappe les main ensemble . Le ticking est comme le son d'une horloge . Le ticking peut etre causer par la chaine de timming ou la cam . Sa fait quelques annees que je suis sorti de l'ecole , alors mon francais n'est pas parfait mais j'essais de mon mieux. S'y vous avez des question , vouz pouvez me le demander.

What the hell is this? Are u Bin Laden? Someone do a trace and call the FBI!:eek:

Man, were a big site.

brokeitin3
06-03-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
What the hell is this? Are u Bin Laden? Someone do a trace and call the FBI!:eek:

Man, were a big site. dat be french, or hes realted to the inbreeds.:)

F-16Guy
06-03-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by brokeitin3
dat be french, or hes realted to the inbreeds.:)
If that was French, what language are you speaking?:confused:

Doibugu2
06-03-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
If that was French, what language are you speaking?:confused:

LMAO

He is from Kentucky so he can only be 1 or 2 generations removed from Monkeyboy and Cuz. :eek:

06-03-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
LMAO

He is from Kentucky so he can only be 1 or 2 generations removed from Monkeyboy and Cuz. :eek:

LMFAO...that should burn up ole borkeitboys ***....:devious:

monkeyboy
06-03-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by brokeitin3
dat be french, or hes realted to the inbreeds.:)

howz bouut STFU brokitboyz :cool:

Ex_Rider43
06-03-2003, 01:12 PM
yeah rico I know the problem they have.Did you put a hotcam in your 416 too??. my uncle will check it tonight or tommorow.

too bad the guy here started the thread the day after I got it...:ermm: