PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Spacers

jesshamner
06-02-2003, 01:26 PM
I am having my uncle machine some 1" wheel spacers for me this week. I was wondering if maybe someone had any overall tips. Maybe a suggestion as to where to get some studs. I heard that you could just replace the stock studs with some longer studs. Please help!

AtvMxRider
06-02-2003, 01:32 PM
Are they for the front or rear?

jesshamner
06-02-2003, 05:21 PM
They are for both front and rear. I am just trying to get some cheap width. It isn't a permanent solution. I really just want to play around with them. I won't be racing on them or anything.

AZblaster44
06-02-2003, 06:21 PM
I am not a big fan of spacers in the front...but the way mine are is the studs are staggered with the studs on your hub so that you bolt the spacer to the hub and the wheel to the spacer. I think that just using a longer stud would make it more likely to break :confused:

JD400exrider
06-03-2003, 06:17 PM
I have been running spacers for a while for a temporary measure untill i get some a arms and axle. I don't do any big jumps but ride hard in the woods and trails. Have had no problems. I am thinking of taking the front ones off just because i think it puts more wear on the front end parts. I found the best ones are ones made by midwestmini.com. They are very heavy duty cnc machined stud / spacer that screws on to your existing studs and gives an extra 1 1/2" width on each side. I have a friend running the same on his raptor with no problems. They go on easy and come off easy. I found out about them on this site from a few people running them. I think i paid 60.00 for a pair of them.

Good luck