PDA

View Full Version : wheelie gas leak fix?

cjames235
06-02-2003, 11:07 AM
first off i just wanna say hello. this is my first post on this board and it has been very informative so far just reading but i couldnt find the answer to my question. i just stepped up to a '00 400ex from my old and busted suzuki '86 quadsport 230. haha. anyways to my question i have been told and have seen (with someone else riding for me) that when i wheelie gas comes flowing out the tube from the carb. normally i would just take the carb apart and adjust the float so this didnt happen but i noticed that the 400ex float was plastic instead of copper so the little finger thing couldnt be bent. is there a way to fix this because believe me i spend most of my rides on the back wheels and it is turning out to be a serious gas waster. any help is greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post. thanks

-chris

spiderrider04
06-02-2003, 11:25 AM
when i do wheelies on my 300 gas always leaks out and it thought was normal so that the carb doesn't flood.:ermm:

spiderrider04
06-02-2003, 11:26 AM
oh yeah, welcome aboard :D

cjames235
06-02-2003, 11:46 AM
yea i know its normal but on my other 4 wheelers and on dirtbikes i have fixed it and they dont flood out going through all the gears on the back wheels :p just wondering if it could be fixed or not. if it cant i just wont worry about it.

sbexrider4life
06-02-2003, 03:24 PM
i noticed the same thing and i jus kinked the end of the overflow hose and i can wheelie forever and it doesnt overflow or even flood
:devil:

06-02-2003, 04:18 PM
The float level is adjustable and normally its just either dirty or the rubber on the needle is messed up.

I cant remember the title of the thread but this was discussed not too long ago so see if you can find it etc.

Have been going thru fuel like crazy lately and I think its the problem here also, and since I am paying close to 6$ a gal for race fuel I figure its worth it to reset the float level.

redrider ex
06-02-2003, 04:38 PM
heres what i done i put a screw in the end of the hose to plug it and i have had no problems with it either .