PDA

View Full Version : anyone order from c&d racing sponsor?

Mr. Tuesday
06-02-2003, 09:43 AM
i am thinking about ordering some stuff for my quad from the sponsor c&d racing. wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them.

every time i call i get an answering machine?

any heads up here?

looking at picking up some nerfs, bars, filter, brakes etc. just the basics.

and if anyone has had them send an order to canada that would be even better.

thanks

my second option is from rockymountainatv.com but they only carry dg nerfs not ac. i would like a set of ac propegs.

Mr. Tuesday
06-02-2003, 09:49 AM
anyone?

if not who have you used that you would recommend.

XANDADA
06-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Ya, I've ordered lots of stuff from them. Nothing but good comments to say about 'em.

"BLAHH"300!!
06-02-2003, 09:52 AM
i'll vouch for em'.
...i ordered piston, cam, gasketts, and a block off plate from em'.
i was pretty much clueless as to what piston i needed..colby hooked me up.
..i'll order from em' again.
10% discount for exriders....
and a price quote in the C&D forum of this web-site.
call during the week.

Doibugu2
06-02-2003, 09:55 AM
I ordered a pipe and a clutch lever. Very good service.

When I called last week, there voice mail said they were out till today. Those guys race a lot so some weekends they are out.

Ben
06-02-2003, 10:07 AM
Yep, they drove 18 hours to ride at Hatfield McCoy for the weekend :eek2: :) They should be back today. I actually met them and talked with them last night - really nice people :p I've ordered a great deal from them and have nothing but good things to say.

Giz400ex
06-02-2003, 12:38 PM
I've ordered some stuff from them and there very nice:D

toby400ex
06-02-2003, 12:55 PM
They are very nice people, but my stuff took a bit longer than i had hoped. Theyre not someone u wanna order oem parts from if ur in a hurry.

anywhereEx
06-02-2003, 12:56 PM
I have ordered at least $2500 in stuff from them with no complaints what so ever. They will bust thier *** to give you a good deal and try to get it to you as fast as possible.

No flame to you at all but for all of those folks that always ask where is a good place to get this or that why don't you give them a call. It does not get any easier than that with the phone # right there in front of you and it is nice to talk directly to the owners that will work with you rather than some desk jocky that does not even know what you are ordering.... :D

anywhereEx
06-02-2003, 12:59 PM
They are very nice people, but my stuff took a bit longer than i had hoped. Theyre not someone u wanna order oem parts from if ur in a hurry

There is something there that you have to look at. They have to order it to. It is hard to keep all of the oem parts in stock for whenever someone calls. Some places do that but you are looking at, at least a 35% markup from what C&D can do.

06-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Yep, they drove 18 hours to ride at Hatfield McCoy for the weekend :eek2: :) They should be back today. I actually met them and talked with them last night - really nice people :p I've ordered a great deal from them and have nothing but good things to say.

WTF

I'm guessin they didn't know they could have met and rode with probably 40+ members on the site in about a month at hatfield....:confused:

I guess all our pics from our previous trips got them 2 all skeeeeeeert:scary:

Glamis400ex
06-02-2003, 01:02 PM
I've bought over $1000 from them...they are awesome. You wont be sorry...;)

Glamis

Mr. Tuesday
06-02-2003, 06:20 PM
thanks that is exactly what i am looking for. hope the prices are competitive.

.....mmmmmmmmm more toys.

Guy400
06-02-2003, 11:23 PM
I've only ordered a couple things from them--plastic, seat, handlebars, shocks, pipe, tires and a couple other misc. items:D I'm probably going to be buying a new front bumper here shortly as well.

06-03-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Ben, Ben who? Oh well maybe next time. :)

Have to agree about nothing but good, and if any of you guys are in a hurry let them know and work out a delivery time that works for you.

06-03-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Rico
WTF

I'm guessin they didn't know they could have met and rode with probably 40+ members on the site in about a month at hatfield....:confused:

I guess all our pics from our previous trips got them 2 all skeeeeeeert:scary:

You think you skeeert them away :D :rolleyes:

06-03-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
You think you skeeert them away :D :rolleyes:

Don't know if it was me or urban legend but i don't see why they couldn't have waited to come ride with us..:confused:

Or it could be their skeeert of doin 65+ mph on a trail that's only 6 foot wide....:scary:

Taco
06-03-2003, 02:45 AM
:grr:

toby400ex
06-03-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by anywhereEx
There is something there that you have to look at. They have to order it to. It is hard to keep all of the oem parts in stock for whenever someone calls. Some places do that but you are looking at, at least a 35% markup from what C&D can do.
Yeah i know that, they didnt get all of my stuff for almost 2 weeks, they need some new distributers to get chit from, unless they order it direct. When i ordered oem parts from service honda. I would get the parts in 3-4 days, and if they didnt have it, a week at the most. Im just thinkin that a large company should be able to get things faster than the average consumer.:ermm:

Derno24
06-03-2003, 05:21 AM
This should be a long post...

As far as ordering...I won't order from anyone else. Colby and Dusty are tops. They have helped me on numerous occassions and Dusty is always there at 10:00 am est m-f. I know this because I call at that time and harass them.

As far as Hatfield-McCoy...I don't think they were afraid of doing 65 mph down those hills... Colby was screaming on his Dale and Dusty was right there rippin it up on the 416...Don't believe me I have the video to prove it.

The other thing about Hatfield McCoy when I was talking to them they were thinking of going then, but due to schedule constraints could not. I understand you're hurt Rico, but I did ask that ahead of time.

Guy400
06-03-2003, 06:08 AM
I ordered 2 400EX OEM rims from servicehonda once. Only rim showed up after nearly 2 weeks of waiting and the other rim was nowhere in sight. Upon calling them they stated that UPS must've lost the other rim. However, UPS showed only shipping one box. Armed with this information I called SH back and the story changed to there Illinois (or Indiana, I can't remember which) warehouse must've been only had 1 rim and they'd ship me another rim from a Louisiana warehouse FedEx overnight. It was another 2 weeks until I saw the other rim that showed up via standard ground shipping.

zzbudzz
06-03-2003, 08:34 AM
I ordered about 1400$ worth of stuff from them .........i'll do it again when my wife says i can:rolleyes: ...........

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-03-2003, 08:39 AM
GEEZE Rico if I new that you wanted to ride with me that bad I would have maybe tried to make a schedule work better!!! :eek:
It is hard to take vacations when you have a business..

I guess if you want to ride you could come to Nebraska!!! ;)

Ben
06-03-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
I guess if you want to ride you could come to Nebraska!!! ;) :eek: I forsee Rico packing his bags and trekking out to the flat land :D

YLW400
06-03-2003, 08:43 AM
They are very nice people to work with. I ordered 20 or 25 dollars worth of stuff from them once..:eek:

DId you all get any pics of Hatfield????

Doibugu2
06-03-2003, 08:43 AM
GEEZE Rico if I new that you wanted to ride with me that bad I would have maybe tried to make a schedule work better!!! :eek:

I guess if you want to ride you could come to Nebraska!!! ;)

If you were smart you would put a bunch of spare parts in the trailer and meet us in H/M. There is enough jackasses there they you could have plenty of business. You would have 1 hell of a time.

Derno24
06-03-2003, 08:46 AM
One problem the biggest Jackass wouldn't be there.....Yours truely. Couldn't be the same.

I will post some pics tonight.

Ben
06-03-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
One problem the biggest Jackass wouldn't be there.....Yours truely. Couldn't be the same.

I will post some pics tonight.

I heard your Cannondale was stolen before the trip :(

06-03-2003, 08:57 AM

Yes I wanted to ride with you and leave da old man back at camp...:eek: :D

So did you guys have fun and was it worth the trip. I like to get different opinions from people that ride in different areas and travel to a new location..

And I know you guys aren't really skeert i'm just given ya hard way to go just cuz i can.....:devious:

Guy400
06-03-2003, 09:57 AM
:D Dusty, this is the only way you're going to get Rico out to Nebraska:D

Ben
06-03-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Guy400

RLMFAO!!!!!!!!!! :blah: :D :D

06-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Guy400

:eek: :eek:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-03-2003, 10:15 AM
Well worth the trip.. I would recommend to anyone that rides to take a least 1 trip there.. It could have been a little dryer and the mx set up is a little rough for the trails compared to the xc shocks.. It was fun to open it up on the wide open trails in 4th and 5th gear.. I have not done a lot of hillclimbing so that was an experience was unsure at first but I did make it up the rocky hills..

Derno24
06-03-2003, 11:17 AM
Ben...Yes it was stolen. Kind of made the thought of going a little rough, but then I realized Colby and Dusty were going to be there....I thought you too, but I was wrong.

Dusty, we can tell the hill climb thing wasn't your specialty...Got behind her (GOOD VIEW) and she slowed down got herself unstuck and left me stranded mid hill. :devil: :devil:

No if only Marlin and Lenny could have kept pace we might have gone even faster.:cuss:

Doibugu2
06-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Derno, you didn't even offer to help the lady get unstuck, and then whine about her leaving you. Didn't you recieve the 10 EXCommandments.

#4 Though shall help all ladies quads that are stuck (unless they weigh more than the quad:devil: )

Derno24
06-03-2003, 11:42 AM
My bad she wasn't stuck but slowed way down to the point I had to stop...

Derno24
06-03-2003, 11:44 AM
I think Rico would have fit in nicely on this trip...If Bud Light was your wish, but you would have had to fight Colby and I for it. They went down like water after the day of riding.

Derno24
06-03-2003, 11:44 AM
More pics...very artsy

Derno24
06-03-2003, 11:46 AM
Some others... The group and Buddy...Who I am still wondering how long he actually waited before heading home....About 30 secs:devil: This picture was taken before the monster rain storm we got stuck in.

Derno24
06-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Pics again...The wet and dirty people.

Ben
06-03-2003, 12:28 PM
I wish I could have come :( My 400ex (the project quad) is still in a million pieces and my 300ex has a dead battery and needs a chain. I was hoping you would come up 119 to Charleston with Colby and Dusty so I could meet you guys. I even made a special effort to take my Hayabusa to meet them because I wanted to show it to you :D

Derno24
06-03-2003, 12:32 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it. We had to get back. Would have liked to see the bike.

Sparks425Ex
06-03-2003, 12:50 PM
I am sponsored by C and D racing and all I can say is:

They are Top Notch.

I have ordered over 2 grand worth of parts and have yet to have a problem.(Well One but that wasn't their fault.)

Anytime somthing is fishy they will hop right on it to find out what the hell is going on and get it fixed ASAP.

Dusty and Colby are the Shiz Nit...

06-03-2003, 01:47 PM
I think Rico would have fit in nicely on this trip...If Bud Light was your wish, but you would have had to fight Colby and I for it. They went down like water after the day of riding.

The hell you say...I don't rely on others to feed my beer belly I always bring plenty....:devil:

Cool pics too,,,I know exactly were the pic lookin at the greenry was taken...;) Me and wyndzer have rode up there to the top a few times and yeah it's a nice little hill climb that I've seen at least 3 quads roll down so far... :eek:

Taco
06-03-2003, 02:06 PM
:grr: nobody tells the locals:grr:

Derno24
06-03-2003, 02:49 PM
I thought I brought enough, but the drinking Colby and I did made up for the lack of Lenny, Marlin, and Dusty....:macho :macho :blah:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-05-2003, 04:08 AM
Sorry that you did not get to ride with us Ben, but it was nice meeting you..

Derno you should of saw Ben's bike (very nice, good choice of color, BLUE AND SILVER) I don't think that he rides it much it looked way too new!!

Taco sorry to see you angry....

I am sure that we will be making the trip again next year maybe when it is not so wet and muddy!!!

06-05-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Taco
:grr: nobody tells the locals:grr:

I dunno what happens but I was riding around yelling: Ben, Guy Taco but nobody answered :(

06-05-2003, 09:11 AM
I thought I brought enough, but the drinking Colby and I did made up for the lack of Lenny, Marlin, and Dusty....:macho :macho :blah:

Excuse me for not indulging in the dishwater light, after the first night I was oddly hearing the words to a old Thoroughgood song in my head (i drink alone).

Seemed reason to stay sober :grr:

Derno24
06-05-2003, 02:51 PM
My favorite Thoroughgood song. Bad to the Bone or One Bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.

Besides Lenny we had no fufu drinks for you.

06-05-2003, 03:01 PM
My favorite Thoroughgood song. Bad to the Bone or One Bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.

Besides Lenny we had no fufu drinks for you.

great song but bad choice of words mr fufu :D :blah:

You think I was gonna get all tanked up and be chasing your fat arse around ? NOT :devil: :macho

Now if you "boys" had taken me up on makin some noise with the locals we may have had some good stories to tell ;) :macho

Derno24
06-05-2003, 05:38 PM
We wanted to save you from the toothless wonders out there. Besides if you rode hard enough you wouldn't have wanted to go out later.:devil:

06-05-2003, 09:44 PM
We wanted to save you from the toothless wonders out there. Besides if you rode hard enough you wouldn't have wanted to go out later.:devil:

Dont make me have to biatch slap you :D :macho or are you looking to get ridden like a dime store pony :devil: :macho

If you wanted to race you should have entered one :rolleyes: This was the Hatfield Mc coy "trails" not race and I didnt see the starter anyware all weekend :) and who is to say what I wanted to "ride harder" anyhow. Could be that sice everyone else was on a trail ride is the only reason you were able to keep up and didnt spend time talking with the trees like an organised race. :D

Maybe you have your priorities mixed up and need to make happy with a good toothless woman :D :eek:

Oh hey What-Ever