PDA

View Full Version : 400ex beat a Banshee

Toughass400EX
06-02-2003, 08:40 AM
Hey Guys,

Recently put on my CFM aluminum air box, full LRD system and rejetted w/ the k & N kit and my bro-in-law talks all sh$t on the dunes but as soon as we got out there and he heard this EX scream he started making excuses about his engine, i said " Well it is a Banshee that means 20% riding and 80% working, no matter when we ride that POS is always got some kind of problems, but when it came down to it we lined'em up and i beat him the first time by a bike or two, the we both started perfectly and were dead even all the way through, I really didnt expect this much of a power increase from just putting the pipe on and running w/o a lid. All I know is that after this EX becomes a 440EX he's gonna be runnin home to momma. LOL, Dont ever pick a shee over a 400EX, they are ****

Micah

250x#93
06-02-2003, 08:49 AM
Honda beating a Yamaha, Thats nuttin new:devil:

Kilabanshee
06-02-2003, 09:10 AM
me and kaschak both smoked this banshee with pipes in eckerly miners village ahhhhhhhhhhh honda smoking the yamaha in a blunt.:bandit:

Str8Wicked
06-02-2003, 09:40 AM
head to head, rider for rider a banshee will smoke an EX no matter what you say.... Now if it's a POS and the rider is even worse than I can see a banshee losing. Now if it was trail riding or something else In could see the banshee not competeing with the EX but the banshee is a dune machine, probably more than any other out there.......

Toughass400EX
06-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Yeah you're right, if you could ever get it running I think i just might be a dune machine, why dont you just buy a brand new one every time your ready to ride, that might be the only way that those Yama*****s will stay together. Not an episode where me and all my buddies go riding where all three of the banshees are breaking down, and the other 4 400exs are towin'em back, not to sound to sour on these things but they are seem to be built with such carelessness. totally yamaha bias

flyin#5
06-02-2003, 10:05 AM
well when we go out on the trails the banshee has been the one left to pull the other quads back. in stock form they are very reliable but when you start to mod them then stuff goes wrong very quickly

jchevy
06-02-2003, 10:20 AM
Dont get used to beating a banshee, especially in the dunes. Two strokes love the sand, you very rarely see a 400 ex beating a banshee up comp. hill

hawiianpwr
06-02-2003, 10:28 AM
Yeah I just came back from a jamboree in Genoa this weekend. Hes right Banchees rule the sand. It takes a hopped up 4 stroke to even keep up with them. But thats all there good for is going straight. Throw some turns in and hes done for.

Kilabanshee
06-02-2003, 10:30 AM
yeah those banshees also have 10 grand into there engines.

jchevy
06-02-2003, 10:37 AM
A piped banshee will rip a piped 400ex up in the sand! I know it sucks, but you just have to accept it. A stock banshee will probably eat up a piped 400 9 times out of 10 in the sand.

Once you get on hard pack the 400ex keeps up a little better but i still think the banshee is faster.

Banshees are fast.:)

Kilabanshee
06-02-2003, 10:48 AM
Ur kidding me right? Me and my friend greg race all the time in this small sand pit in NY i smoke him every race hes got full fmf pipes, Kn filter, and jet kit. Never been beetin bye him once u guys must be smokin. Now maybe a drag pipes shee i see that ur saying thell smoke me like no tomarrow.

jchevy
06-02-2003, 10:53 AM
Throw a set of paddles on both bikes and see who wins.

Kilabanshee
06-02-2003, 10:56 AM
We both have paddle masters. And i still beet him.:cool:

jchevy
06-02-2003, 11:03 AM
Well thats something that i have personally never seen and ive spent a lot of time at the dunes.

jchevy
06-02-2003, 11:06 AM
Ahh you cheated, you got a cam:)

Yeah you will probably be pretty close, but if both bikes just have pipe the banshee will prolly win, atleast from what i have seen.

Im also talking about racing up a steep *** hill.

Kilabanshee
06-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Yeah thats true. But i still kilabanshee ahahah look at the name banshee's beware your in for a scare.

NTPRacing#19
06-02-2003, 11:50 AM
guys a 400ex will lose to any good running piped banshee. you cant beat them! grow some nut and admit it, you just sound immature and dont accept the facts

Kilabanshee
06-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Ok ill take pictures next time and show you how badly i beet this dude. A piped banshee is not fast at all i dunno what ur smoking cause ur acting like there god. If i didnot have my cam in i would say i would loose bye atleast 2-3 lengths.

Sick0
06-02-2003, 03:20 PM
I think theres is to many BS in this thread. The banshee has \its place. In sand or even Ice racing or drag and a banshee is tuff to beat. You most recpet the bansee. I don't think a piped banshee could be beat by any quad in a drag race if both machines are runing good and the riders in equal lavel.

Sick0
06-02-2003, 03:22 PM
Plus I was thinking, I have more problems with my 400ex than my friend has with his banshee. But Mine also Has a lot more mods and I'm a lot rougher on mine.

steve7467
06-02-2003, 04:44 PM
on the dirt i would totally beleive you. i beat my friends piped banshee everytime in the dirt. but once we get to the sand and he gets all that damn power to the ground i don't have a chance in hell. Any weight difference between the riders. because that could make a difference.

zlam27
06-02-2003, 05:14 PM
ok, this thread is turnin brown. let me talk for a sec, since I OWN BOTH.

the banshee is scary fast when modded (even stock it moves). anywhere the banshee can get traction, it will smoke any 400ex (notice i said 400, i dont know about 440s etc). on slick surfaces it might spin too much, but if the run is long enough- the banshee will overtake the EX. i raced a friend when my shee was stock and his EX had a pro circuit pipe, open airbox with K&N - on the road it was fairly close but i could slowly pull away.

that 350 twin 2-stroke just hauls. the EX is great in the trails and stuff, but for drags it just cant compete with equally modded banshees. that is just the truth- all egos set aside. i love the honda, reliable as a tank- but its just not as fast.

thats all she wrote.

zach

steve7467
06-02-2003, 05:28 PM
zlam
that is very true about the traction. nobody ever believes me when i tell I beat a shee in the dirt. that is why they are at home in the sand.

Dune Surfer
06-02-2003, 05:37 PM
A piped EX beating shee's? what are you guys smokin? In the sand?
LMFAO
my 426 with cam , porting, duncan pipe, sand tires,no airbox lid, ect is pretty fast, (ask str8t wicked) I can almost keep up with a piped shee through the first four gears then they smoke me with two gears to go. Get real. They have 40+ hp and two smokes fire on every revolution. I'm trying to buy a Predator with mods I'll get high 40's hp and still lose.

Kilabanshee
06-03-2003, 07:58 AM
Ill get pics as soon as possible next time me and him go up.

Bean
06-03-2003, 08:09 AM
if a banshee can hook up, it will almost always beat a 400, unless there are mass differences in the motor and rider, such as bore kits, strokers, porting, carbs, etc

my 250r has problems keeping up with alot of banshee's, and R's are fast as hell modded to

NTPRacing#19
06-03-2003, 08:17 AM
hey kilabanshee im not acting like they are god. i have a 400ex and a piped banshee would smoke it. i admit 400exs are slow, just abuot everyone on this site knows a 400ex is slow, unless you dump massive amounts of money into the motor and yet then they still cant keep up with a banshee that has a bore job and other mods in a drag

Kilabanshee
06-03-2003, 10:22 AM
Nope ill i have is a cam, Jet kit stage 2, Kn air filter, and a yoshimura rs3 pipe.

Sick0
06-03-2003, 11:36 AM
I have a bunch of stuff done to my motor and can't keep up to my friends piped banshee. Its a completely diffrent story when hit the track though. Theres a reason that banshee are still made. they ain't that good for alot of things but what its good at it does very well. Its kinda like a rocket point it and fire.

BigThumper33
06-03-2003, 06:11 PM
With my white bros pipe, filter, and lighter wiseco piston...stock bore, I was able to run dead even with my friends stock shee on pavement.... over and over again, he had a few more mph's up top, but until I was in 5th pinned, we were neck and neck.. We are both equal drag riders...he does quite well in the drag events...

Since then I have a 416, TC cam, and alittle carb mods. He has a filter, and some pipes, I can actually outpull him until about 3-4th gear, then he starts to pull alittle on me. This however was in grass, I don't know how well he hooked up.

I did however, beat him in Little Sahara on the drags.... several times....???? I must have a wonder 400.... but then again he does run crap DG pipes...

twisted threads
06-03-2003, 11:04 PM
Hands down a piped Shee is faster that a piped Ex. I have beat many piped shee's with my EX at the dunes but at the top of the hill they are closing in fast. There are many banshee's out there that are almost untouchable to any 4 stroke at all.

Kilabanshee
06-04-2003, 08:39 AM
well we stay neck and neck in all drag but soon as i hit 5th gear i start to pull away probobly cause of my cam. If we both had pipes as mods iam sure he would have smoked me buy alot. He has beeten me a couple times soo iam not saying i win everytime usually who ever gets the best start wins. But in the long race my quad seems to start to pull away because i have alot more top end then him. Ill post pics as soon as possible. and soon as i learn how to post a pic lol.

Sick0
06-04-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by BigThumper33
With my white bros pipe, filter, and lighter wiseco piston...stock bore, I was able to run dead even with my friends stock shee on pavement.... over and over again, he had a few more mph's up top, but until I was in 5th pinned, we were neck and neck.. We are both equal drag riders...he does quite well in the drag events...

Since then I have a 416, TC cam, and alittle carb mods. He has a filter, and some pipes, I can actually outpull him until about 3-4th gear, then he starts to pull alittle on me. This however was in grass, I don't know how well he hooked up.

I did however, beat him in Little Sahara on the drags.... several times....???? I must have a wonder 400.... but then again he does run crap DG pipes...

Thats not much of a surprize. A stock banshee only makes a 35 horse power stock. they chock the motors up so the quad is safer to ride. You just put alot of motor work done to just keep up with a stock banshee. if had just bought pipes he would smoke you.

Chef
06-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Kilabanshee
Nope ill i have is a cam, Jet kit stage 2, Kn air filter, and a yoshimura rs3 pipe.

You ARENT going to start to pull away in 5th with that little bit of stuff you have, and a 14 tooth front sprocket. It is NOT going to happen. As an owner of both bikes, one being in a "super mod" class, and the other one pretty mild, I, as well as everyone else in this thread with a quarter of a brain, already know that your so full of $hit its runnin out both ears.

Kilabanshee
06-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Nope iam not runing my 14 tooth when i drag up there. I keep the stock one on. When iam around my area i put on the 14 tooth cause i donot need to open up my quad cause i donot have alot of land.

BigThumper33
06-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Sick0....since when is a pipe/filter/stock bore wiseco piston a lot of motor work? Hell the wiseco piston is junk anyway...9.6:1 when it is advertised as 11.

With my motor work now, i keep up with him with pipes...not a stock shee. I have taken the holeshot on many shees, R's, predators, 440's...etc... There are just to many variables to make up a real answer, cause I know my ex motor isn't pumping out the horsepower some of these others are.

Kilabanshee
06-04-2003, 01:57 PM
I agree with you thump yeah weisco tends to make not the hottest of all aftermarket pistons. I canot see why u donot think i can be a piped shee with my 400ex. I gota post some pics.

Sick0
06-04-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by BigThumper33
Sick0....since when is a pipe/filter/stock bore wiseco piston a lot of motor work? Hell the wiseco piston is junk anyway...9.6:1 when it is advertised as 11.

With my motor work now, i keep up with him with pipes...not a stock shee. I have taken the holeshot on many shees, R's, predators, 440's...etc... There are just to many variables to make up a real answer, cause I know my ex motor isn't pumping out the horsepower some of these others are.

What are you talking about. I don't think thats alot of motor. I'm talking about my motor. A pretty good a mount of mods in my motor. I bet I'm running around 38-42 horse power in my motor. I knows its about the same speed as a pipes/filter/jet raptor and a almost as fast as a banshee. I'm not trying to bs anybody here.

Sick0
06-04-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Sick0
Thats not much of a surprize. A stock banshee only makes a 35 horse power stock. they chock the motors up so the quad is safer to ride. You just put alot of motor work done to just keep up with a stock banshee. if had just bought pipes he would smoke you.

I see what you are saying. but whats I'm saying he had to put entranal parts into the motor to make it as fast. I know a filter/pipe/jet won't even keep up to a stock banshee. But with the cam/piston/carb/pipe/filter/jet/ you will beat a stock banshee. but how much did you spend to do it. and when you pipe on a banshee how much more motor mods and money would you have to throw at the motor to make it as fast as the banshee.

Kilabanshee
06-05-2003, 09:25 AM
Well I smoke him almost all around except hilclimbs which he tends to beet me at because hes got a little more balls. I only bumbed my quad uo maybe 6 horsepower and have no problems beeting a banshee in a long race. Iam not saying i beet him buy alot its just that i have a little more speed then him and in the longer races i tend to win. Short races were about equal from 300ft But soon as i hit the powerband in 5th i start to slowly pull away.

spliffy
06-05-2003, 11:02 AM
sounds like the banshee you are racing needs a rebuild.... my buddy has a banshee... a scrambler beat it... & he needs a rebuild, so it is possible that you beat him, but he should be tearing that sucka apart & doing da topend. :bandit:

honda250xrider
06-05-2003, 12:02 PM
the guy on the banshee 1. doesnt know how to ride, 2. his quad needs a rebuild, 3. i really dont beleive your quad is faster in top speed compared to a banshee, you said you are running stock gearing, sorry buddy but the banshee should overtake you in top speed as well 4. you better tell your friend to get a rebuild here pretty soon so you can race again

Dune Surfer
06-05-2003, 02:15 PM
Hmm Honda 26 hp +6=34 four stroke
Shee 38 hp stock two stroke
My 426 35-36 hp, I lose
Sorry but your bud can't ride that shee, he should be kickin you butt

Kilabanshee
06-05-2003, 11:59 PM
ill get pics soon enough maybe next week i might be going up.