PDA

View Full Version : Really needs helps, 400ex make no sparks suddently

fourtrax400ex
06-02-2003, 05:59 AM
helly guy, here the problem, two weeks ago, i go for a ride, my quad run fine, no problem all seem normal, but when a stop the motor, im never been able to restart it, so i take it home with my truck and check for the problem. i found that he have no sparks on the sparkplugs and it's not the parkplugs, i try the coil of my friends 400ex, his electronic box, check if i dont have a wire cut or squeeze but find nothing, i also check my on/off switch on the handlebar but it's ok. one week later i try again to find the problem but my battery was dead, so i put it on the charger, it was full at the end of the journey but the next day my battery was dead again, so i disconnect all the wire from it and recharge it again but they not seem to keep is power and it's a brand new battery (1month old), i dont know if there two different problem or if the problem came from the same place, maybe something can have burn my battery, what do you think, im very confused:confused2

Str8Wicked
06-02-2003, 06:12 AM
If your battery is not staying charged you have eithier a short in the wiring somewhere. Most likely a wire was pinned between something and is grounding out.

Or your stator can be bad and that is why you can't get power. The stator makes power for your battery and if you have a bad ground or not enough charge on the battery the quad will not spark at all.

Worst comes to worst and everything is OK than pull the side case ont he stator side. There is a small electronic switch held on with two bolts on the side of the stator which has wires running from it. This piece as a small magnet that faces towards the inside of the case and everytime the engine turns it not only runs the magnet against the stator but against this switch which is a spark ignition control. If this went bad, there will be no spark. I doubt it is this thou... Most likely a wiring problem or stator problem....