PDA

View Full Version : Wheelies to the left ???

thejeepdude
06-02-2003, 05:36 AM
OK, so I've been practicing my 1st gear wheelies and I was finally able to keep them on the balance point all the way across my backyard (about 300'). Everything was cool until I put my new Klaw's and chain/sprockets on. Now when I try to wheelie across the yard, it automatically turns to the left and I have to bring it down before I run into the fence. I checked the air pressure, and I figured it must be low in the left tire or something, but no such luck. Both tires are at 3.4psi. I can't think of anything else that would cause this, perhaps when I changed the chain?... any ideas? :confused:

06-02-2003, 05:48 AM
wore out bearing carrier could cause it to pull to the left..:ermm:

TheRedRebel17
06-02-2003, 05:49 AM
also, if a tire was out of balence or/and not perfectly round it would cause that too.

Str8Wicked
06-02-2003, 06:28 AM
It's easier in 2nd than 1st gear....... Well I think it is personally, 1st is way to short of a gear.....

Have you checked the tire pressure. If one was flat and the other was full ti would pull to one side...

JLanphear
06-02-2003, 06:33 AM
Mine does the same thing, I have to run one tire softer than the other. Either increase the pressure in your right tire or lower the pressure in your left.

-Josh

Blysster
06-02-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by JLanphear
Mine does the same thing, I have to run one tire softer than the other. Either increase the pressure in your right tire or lower the pressure in your left.

-Josh

My Razr tires have done the same thing since I bought them new.
I need almost an extra pount in one tire for it to wheelie straight on pavement. But when I get on loose gravel it pulls to the side.

I tried calling Maxxis about this and they said tuff luck, they won't do anything because they say it's a problem with my bike.

Try swapping the tires of sides. If it pulls to the right you will know it's the tires (or rim).

hondaracer31
06-02-2003, 07:46 AM
Measure around outside of the tires. They may not be the same, even with the same pressure.

FourFiftyFour
06-02-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked

Have you checked the tire pressure. If one was flat and the other was full ti would pull to one side...

Ditto... also if it pulls to the left on jumps too

insane250Racer
06-02-2003, 08:47 AM
ahha quick fix....lean to the right lmao:D

thejeepdude
06-02-2003, 10:21 AM
Yeah 2ng gear wheelies might be easier, but that was the whole point of learning them in first... getting the feel for the balance point. once you can ride an infinite wheelie in 1st, the rest are a piece of cake.

That's interesting some of you guys have the same problem with other tires. I might try changing sides just for the heck of it. As for leaning to the right, that doesn't do squat... it still goes to the left.

flyin#5
06-02-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by JLanphear

-Josh

my holeshots do the same thing.. so one is worn way more than the other:grr: