PDA

View Full Version : Handling troubles, please help!

deepcj7
06-01-2003, 05:35 PM
I had my stock rear shock revalved and 200lb spring installed. It's hard to get thru the whoop section any faster cause my rear end keeps trying to buck me off and it's swapping from side to side. I have turned the rebound all the way down (slower) and it's still to fast. Doesn't seem to be much difference no matter which way I turn the screw, is this normal with 400EX's? Should I back off on the preload? comp? :(

RiPPiNiTuP7
06-01-2003, 06:29 PM
You want a fast rebound for places with lots of whoops. What size tires are you running? I found when I went from the stock 20" tires to 18" ones it made a huge difference on how my quad handled.

Nausty
06-01-2003, 06:55 PM
do you stay way back on the quad in the whoop section? cuz you should if you arn't and if you can't get a rythem going.

RIDER11X
06-02-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
do you stay way back on the quad in the whoop section? cuz you should if you arn't and if you can't get a rythem going.
Ditto! I push down on the pegs to drive back tires into the valley between whoops to get it "on rythem". Otherwise it will buck and swap. I also stay on the gas across whoops so the front doesn't dive.

deepcj7
06-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, but I'm talking about skipping across the top of the whoops. My rearend will start bucking and swapping from side to side then it throws me out of rythum as I try to gain control. Or like when I triple into the whoops and you come up a tad bit short and the rear wheels hit the face of the third whoop and it kicks the back end up. It seems like I should slow down the rebound just enough so it won't kick up so violently. Anybody else have any input?:ermm:

RIDER11X
06-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by deepcj7
Thanks for the replies guys, but I'm talking about skipping across the top of the whoops. My rearend will start bucking and swapping from side to side then it throws me out of rythum as I try to gain control. Or like when I triple into the whoops and you come up a tad bit short and the rear wheels hit the face of the third whoop and it kicks the back end up. It seems like I should slow down the rebound just enough so it won't kick up so violently. Anybody else have any input?:ermm:

Ok now I get it. I would have to say that rebound is more than likely your problem then. Be careful with those adjustments though, as they can quickly worsen a situation too.;)