PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Flite desert seat on a 400ex.....

Glamis400ex
01-04-2002, 06:00 PM
Hey folks,

I'm thinking about a Hi-Flite seat for my 400ex since I only ride the dunes and the desert. I realize it's a little taller than the stocker but I'm hoping someone here has experince with one.

I'm a pretty good size guy at 6'0", 210 pounds. Will the extra height make it a little more cushy on long rides? Will the extra height make it tippy in corners or make me sit too high???? I ride fairly aggressively so I don't want it too interfere with my handling of the machine.

Anyone with experiences on this is greatly appriciated.

Glamis400ex

01-04-2002, 06:42 PM
Glamis400ex:
I have had one for about a year and I love it! It's sooooo much better than stock. No more red-***** at the Dunes! I'm 6'1", 180, so we're close...

In aggresive riding I am usually up near the tank a lot more. The padding is still thicker there, but by only an inch or so. So I didn't lose too much in hard cornering during aggressive riding.

If you're a racer, then you should stick with stock. For about anything else, the seat is a vast improvement over stock.

Clark

Glamis400ex
01-04-2002, 07:04 PM
Hey Quad1man,

Would you happen to have a pic you could post for me to see? I know what they look like already. My uncle has one on his Banshee, but I can't seem to picture it on the 400ex.

Thx.

Glamis400ex

01-04-2002, 10:02 PM
This picture is a little old, as my quad now has many more scapes/scratches/etc. :D However, my wife is sitting on the quad, so you can get an idea of how far the seat compresses with someone on it. The seat has black tiger stripes around the sides.

This is the only picture I have that even shows the seat at all. Good luck.

Glamis400ex
01-04-2002, 10:15 PM
excellent, thank you very much.

What did you pay for it?

Glamis

01-05-2002, 03:57 PM
I think it was ~$130 for the seat cover and new foam.