PDA

View Full Version : 1st race!

TC17
06-01-2003, 03:13 PM
today was the first race. i got there and i was the only one running the 14 and 15 year old class so they had to put me in with the Quad D class. i thought the D class would be like a stock 400. there was a 380 warrior, modded warrior, 250R, 3 decked 400's and my 300. i got up to the gate with these guys and i about crapped my pants. the first thing that happened was the guy beside me came over gave me a high five and is like good luck and we talked for a while then some other guys came over. that is what i love about this sport. your competitor is your friend, not enemy like other sports. well anyway, when i first got there it was MUDDY. you literally could not even go through it. i did a lap 4th gear pinned never let off and just spun. my engine was REALLY hot. later when it cleared up. there were 2 massive hill climbs...

Moto 1- the hills were closed obviously. first gear at the gate was in 5 of 7th. there was the 250R, warrior, and 2400s in front of me. these guys were FAST. i was realy pushing myself. but, you couldn't really get air. it was basically a mud contest. one guy ran off in a mudhole right in front of me and i almost hit him. i passed him. i was in 4th and finished 4th. i was whipped.

Moto 2- perfect track now. pinned, believe it or not, i get the holeshot. first gear it was roosting like mad doing a wheelie and i shifted into 2nd still wheeling and then in 3rd. then it came down cause i let off. the 250R and 400 passed me. the 250R slows down and i slowed down and the warrior hit my back tire. gave him a nice 3rd gear roost. i had 3rd about a half a lap. i went to the outside to single the doubles and i stalled it in the mudhole that didn't dry up. the passed me. i got it fired and was in the corner and the warrior went to the outside and passed me. i was then in 5 or 7. next lap the guy on the 250R was whipped and so was i. i gave it 120%. i gunned it and went to the outside. the inside was a small tabletop. the outside was a big first jump and a farther landing. i nailed it perfect. i looked left while on the gas hard and i had a length on him and passed him. my dad was jumping up and down like a mornon. i was in 4th then. i kept my place the rest. i took 4th again.

i should have been racing 250EX and 300EX and blasters. not modded 250R's and 400s. anyway, they said i did an awesome job for my first race and they gave me 1st place plaque for winning 1st in my class. they combined mine with the D class so i didn't get a 4th, i got 1. i felt a little guilty. but if i beat a modded 250R, then 300's and blasters shouldn't pass me. i deserved it. anyway, i got 1st in my class. for my first race, i had a GREAT time! i LOVE racing and want to do it a LOT more! i was whipped at the end. i need to get in shape bad. i mean i'm not fat, just not mr.6 pack. they opened the hills up. i got up them fine. 3rd gear. i almost had to pull off and not finish but that 250R was on my but and i wanted to beat him so i did. GREAT day! no pics. sorry. we have to get them developed and my dad only took a couple. i "misplaced" our video camera:eek:. our other cameras batteries were dead and the regular camera ran out of film quick. anyway, great time.

redrider24
06-01-2003, 03:19 PM
where was the race?

JOEX
06-01-2003, 04:33 PM
WOW! Sounds like quite a race and you earned what you got:)
Playing with the "bigger boys" is where you learn the most and it makes you step up to the plate and do your best.;)
Get them pics up!

Joe

BassBunny26
06-01-2003, 04:44 PM
Tony- yew did an awesome job....i support yew all the way! :devil:

-dEe-

The race, by the way, was at R&D Raceway! (Tony did a great job doubling some of those jumps...:) )

Nausty
06-01-2003, 04:53 PM
yeah I had a race this weekend too. Did pretty good considering the circumstances. Basically to make a long story short I got 5th out of 27 all in one race in the main and to top it all off I had to start off BEHIND everyone else because their wasn't any gates left for me. [had last gate choice because dnf(chain fell off)].

But yeah I hear you about how you can talk w/ the competitors I really just started racing this year and i've met so many people and have so many new friends who I meet up and ride with. For instance yesterday my chain fell off in a race and we've had tons of problems with the rear end and people were constantly asking us if we needed help and checking to make sure everything was ok w/ the rear end. For me only half the fun is in the racing and the rest is just bs'ing in the pits. Good Job on the race tho. Don't be discouraged about racing quads that are better than yours its mostly the rider and I have to line up against people with quads way better than me and it just makes it that much better when you win knowing that you beat them w/ a worse quad shows that it wasn't just luck and your probably a better rider.

lol, sorry about all the off topic stuff.

DaveEX7
06-02-2003, 04:26 AM
Great job Tony!! BTW, hows that TC engine runnin for ya?

TC17
06-02-2003, 04:27 AM
some people in my school think that motocross shouldn't be a sport because it takes no effort. motocross has to be one of the top sports that you have to be STRONG to compete. my dad went out for a lap and he came back completely out of breath and sore in about 3 minutes. other sports you play for an hour and you're just a little tired. the corners were still muddy in the 2nd moto. so you have to slide it around and you didn't get a good start out of them and not enough speed to double.

i was smacking down right on the face of the doubles a lot. since my stupid tranny broke, yesterday was the first time i've been on a track with the 300. i can't wait to race this weekend. i don't think i can make it to Rausch though. my race is the 8th. i might go the 7th. my parents spent 300 bucks this race and they don't want to spend that much again this weekend. my dad said one race a weekend.

my mom learned what "roost is". the A class quads came on and we were standing right at the fence about 10 feet from a corner. and i saw the one guy lean left and i turned around and ducked. ouch! he shot a good 20 foot roost at us.

there was a guy we called "puff". he was wearing white wind pants and wind breaker shirt. he filled up with air and looked like the easter bunny on a CR. it was so funny. then one guy went through the flags anjd the flag rapped around his spokes and you coudl see every time the wheel spun.

sorry for making it that long. so much to say.:blah:

Derek
06-02-2003, 04:54 AM
Now next year you can race districts:D

DaveEX7
06-02-2003, 05:15 AM
Derek, what district you in, maybe Il see ya cause I think Im gonna go and watch the races this year.

Derek
06-02-2003, 09:39 AM
District 5. I think your in district 6 though.

DaveEX7
06-03-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Derek
District 5. I think your in district 6 though.

Wheres the borderline between the two would you know?

Derek
06-03-2003, 05:32 AM
http://www.district5ama.org/tracks.html

go there. It shows the tracks location.

DaveEX7
06-03-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Derek
http://www.district5ama.org/tracks.html

go there. It shows the tracks location.

Im located where it says Pennsylvania on that map you gave me.

Derek
06-03-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by SpeedDemin85
Im located where it says Pennsylvania on that map you gave me.

All i know is that if your in Northeastern PA then your in D6.

TC17
06-05-2003, 08:11 PM
bad news good news. bad news is i can't make it to Rausch this weekend. good news is i can make it to Rausch for the ride in August and it'll be 80 degrees for my race this Sunday. we will get LOTS of pics. i'm thinking about doing some sweet doubles. i can't wait. i'll keep you guys updated.

DU24H8R@aol
06-06-2003, 05:18 AM
hey sounds like ya'll got some good racing going on up north. while its preety hot down here in louisiana were tearing up the tracks every weekend.its preety coll knowing that theres motocross happening all over the country. thanks guys for loving the sport as much as me!!!!!:

redroost85
06-06-2003, 06:47 AM
TC17, that is awesome man! I know what you mean by running the D class. Man, there are definitely some guys that should be running the C or even the B class. Those dudes got some pimped out rides for the D class:eek2:

Congrats man, I know what that first race is like. Go get'em man!:D