PDA

View Full Version : Are these shocks still good? TCS

JhallettEX
01-04-2002, 05:33 PM
I am in the process of buying a set of shocks from a guy. They are TCS shocks (All 3), he says that he has only road on them maybe 4 times. They are set up for + 2 arms but he ran them on stock arms. Could there be anything wrong with them? Should I find out anything before I buy them? Thanks alot for the help guys.

Giz400ex
01-04-2002, 05:40 PM
TCS are good shocks!!! But as for them being built for +2 a-arms??? I believe if the shocks were built for +2 a-arms, that is what it was built for!!! I never heard of shocks for +2 a-arms used on stock a-arms.

kabd69667
01-04-2002, 07:31 PM
Yea, you can do that. There will just be a lot of preload in the shocks

Giz400ex
01-05-2002, 06:08 AM
But, thats something you would rather not want to have!

Mr_400Ex
01-05-2002, 08:27 AM
Jhallettex,

How much does he want for them? If there used you need to get the valved for your riding anyway. If you can buy the shocks from him, and get them service for cheaper then what they cost new, get them. If it is more then save and get new ones.

If you ever get used shocks you always want to have them setup up for you. I hear a lot of people talking about rider weight, but there is a lot more to it than that.

Mr_400Ex

01-05-2002, 08:38 PM
Jhallettex, the TCS shocks are definetly good shocks, even used. My one buddy rides his 400ex with them and gives them a thumbs up.

My questions to you:
Can you test these shocks you are looking to get?
Do you know why the shocks are for sale?
Did you compare the price of the shocks you are getting versus new? Mr_400ex is right, you will probably want/need to send the shocks to get rebuilt to your riding style and weight..... and to be on the safe side, find out if there are any problems with them.

Best wishes..............and I too am in mourning over the Nebraska loss:grr :grr

JhallettEX
01-06-2002, 09:47 AM
The guy I am buying them from weighs 150 lbs and that is also what I weigh. The shocks are going to cost me about $700 for all three. He told me that he bought the shocks first and was goin to buy the arms next but never came up with the money, during this time he road with the shocks on his stock arms. How much would it cost if I had to send the shocks to get re-built. Thanks alot guys. Also I am pretty sure that the rear shock is a re-built stocker and I do not know who did the work yet on this shock, Probably TCS?