PDA

View Full Version : for the one's that have rode at rockhouse

luvmyex
06-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Went to haitfield this weekend.Had a great time but a few things went wrong.We stayed at a place called the depot in Man WV.Something different.A old wharehouse being made into a hotel?Just opened three weeks ago and will have more rooms open soon.And jerry was more than helpful to any need we had.Even went to his house to get my freinds radiator fixed.He has so many problem with that POS Z400.Rode a good day Fri.Ran two full tanks out.Hit reserve on both.Rode all but 11 of the shorter trails at rockhouse.About a hour into the ride i find this little hill that loops up and down the hill.The first time went great.The 2nd try didnt go so good.Went a little faster,uh too fast actually.and clipped a pine tree just after rounding the top and spinning around to come back down.Well upon knocking this tree down i just happened to to a nice supperman over the bars!Catching a couple ribs on th e bars and breaking them.ouch!I then feel something tap me on the head about to roll all over my arse.So i start scooting down the hill on my butt tring to out run my 400 tumbling down after me.After around 20-30'i get far enough off to the side that it roll two more times stopping rightside up on the wheels about 3' short of a small pond thats 4'-5' deep.not much damage to the wheela,bent stem,brake and clutch levers.not much more.few scraps and bumps on me other than the ribs.This is the hill.Anybody remember this this hill?

luvmyex
06-01-2003, 02:41 PM
this is the tree

luvmyex
06-01-2003, 02:47 PM
you can see the grass flatened where i rolled and stopped just short of the water.

luvmyex
06-01-2003, 02:51 PM
this was a fun hill climb.this is the top.only flat spot on it.

Pappy
06-01-2003, 02:51 PM
hand that man a jackass award:cool:

is that on trail#10?

luvmyex
06-01-2003, 02:53 PM
trail 27 pretty good hill.steeper than it looks here.

luvmyex
06-01-2003, 02:58 PM
Yea pappy thats on 10. here's another fun hill

luvmyex
06-01-2003, 03:02 PM
refreshment time!

Taco
06-01-2003, 11:22 PM
Trail 93 is a lil rocky aint it:D Yup I know exactly where ya rolled at. I'm glad to here you fellas like what we have to offer here. I can't wait for em to open up more trails:cool:

06-02-2003, 02:35 AM
I've road up all those hills you posted....and I kept the wheels on the ground too.....:D

Doibugu2
06-02-2003, 04:25 AM
Glad to see your not too banged up.

5 weeks and counting for the July ride.

06-02-2003, 08:39 AM
rockhouse is fast in some areas too. We found a trail this past trip that let us get up to almost 70 mph.....:devil:

Doug I'm countin the days down too buddy... you guys campin with us right???

Doibugu2
06-02-2003, 08:55 AM
Yea, I think we will try and be a bit more social this trip.:p We just felt a bit out of place last year, even though everyone was cool.

When you guys all showed up the first day to ride, and everyone was warming just driving around the parking lot, we knew right away you guys were in another league. I think this year we will even have more fun.

06-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Yea, I think we will try and be a bit more social this trip.:p We just felt a bit out of place last year, even though everyone was cool.

When you guys all showed up the first day to ride, and everyone was warming just driving around the parking lot, we knew right away you guys were in another league. I think this year we will even have more fun.

doug you plan on stayin at the same sites as the rest of us...if so send me a pm and we'll get ya on them sites all week since you'll be there before anybody else....

Pappy
06-02-2003, 09:19 AM
anyone thats unsociable will get a visit from me and rico at 3 in the mornin:o :devil:

luvmyex
06-02-2003, 09:21 AM
I think it was trail 12 that you can let it rip down Rico.For that matter you can let it eat down most of em cept maybe the black trails.We even rode some of the local trails just before the rockhouse trail head.Just past the orange gate.It didnt have the puddles the haitfield trails had.It comes out over by the Haitfield addmin. bldg. then down a little road to more trails.
Yea Taco 93 has a few pebbles in it.LOLWe were going to go across to 94 but would rather be hauling arse so we took 31 around to 27 back to 12 down to gilbert.we did almost all of em on fri.we didn't do 94,22,24,20,15,18.29,23part of 14 and the bike trails.Covered everything else though.
Has anybody rode the coldwater trails?I know they are mostly easy but the easy trails are fun as hell taped in 4 or 5th.Is it still trails or more like gravel roads?Looking foward to going back for another jackass award!

06-02-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
anyone thats unsociable will get a visit from me and rico at 3 in the mornin:o :devil:

Yeah a pack of hotdogs and a wild coon thrown in your tent should get ya up and movin....:blah:

luvmyex
06-02-2003, 09:45 AM
as long as you dont put the hotdogs in my shorts with my weiner i can deal with it!i sure dont need head from no wild coon:eek2:

Doibugu2
06-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Yeah a pack of hotdogs and a wild coon thrown in your tent should get ya up and movin....:blah:

Oh, I got a new tent that is so big that I probably wouldn't even notice. My buddy calls it the condo.:p But at least I can stand up and get dressed in it, not like the other dinky one I had.

monkeyboy
06-02-2003, 10:02 AM
Oh, I got a new tent that is so big that I probably wouldn't even notice. My buddy calls it the condo.:p But at least I can stand up and get dressed in it, not like the other dinky one I had.

dats coool u gots a bigg tent;) me an slappy neeeds a plac ta staay so we campin wit u nows:devil: butt dont b tuchin me at nites ok:mad:

brokeitin3
06-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
dats coool u gots a bigg tent;) me an slappy neeeds a plac ta staay so we campin wit u nows:devil: butt dont b tuchin me at nites ok:mad: Are you bringing that JACKAZZ Cuz'n with you?

Doibugu2
06-02-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by monkeyboy
dats coool u gots a bigg tent;) me an slappy neeeds a plac ta staay so we campin wit u nows:devil: butt dont b tuchin me at nites ok:mad:

If you want to be touched at night, you can go sleep with AirDaddy!:devil:

Taco
06-02-2003, 01:19 PM
Coldwater trails???? Are you talking about the Waterways Trailhead??

luvmyex
06-03-2003, 06:37 AM
oops yea Taco thats the one.

06-03-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by luvmyex
oops yea Taco thats the one.

those trails are a lot of fun....they are a must to ride on I think,,,had a ball on them for the first time on our last ride there..

Doibugu2
06-03-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Rico
those trails are a lot of fun....they are a must to ride on I think,,,had a ball on them for the first time on our last ride there..

are they as long as the other trails?

Pappy
06-03-2003, 08:44 AM
yeah the new trails are a blast...the switch back on that one trail tested me:o with no rear brakes it was a bit spooky:devil:

06-03-2003, 08:46 AM
are they as long as the other trails?

honestly don't know but it's definitly worth going too. It's on 119 about 30 minutes north of logan. me and jeff plan on stoppin by there on wednesday to ride for a few hours before go to the campground.. :scary: I hope he can keep up with me....:rolleyes:

Doibugu2
06-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Pappy there is no way I could ride some of those trails without a rear brake. Heck it was in H/M that I realized that I needed to start using it.

Rico, we are planning getting there Tuesday or Wednesday. So we might have to meet up with ya. At least we could leave the parking lot together.

luvmyex
06-03-2003, 11:18 AM
we were going to Ride em on Sun.But my friend had a hole in his radiator and my chain was about to break so we didnt get to ride on Sun.Ill be sure to next time.
I think there is only 80 miles at that system.Where the others are over 100.My club is supposed to go in Julybut near the endof the month.If i dont get more than a couple interested then i plan on changing the date to make it on the EXRiders ride.Just to show Rico how to really ride.LMAO:muscle:

Doibugu2
06-03-2003, 11:25 AM
I think this July ride is going to be bigger than last year. It was awesome to see that many people down there that you have talked to. It would be worth your time.

You and Pappy could trade polishing stories.

Motocox
06-04-2003, 04:43 AM
We just made reservations in Logan for June 13 and 14. We are leaving thursday night and staying somewhere along the way. So we are riding Fri, Sat and early Sun. Friday will probably be Bear Wallow and Sat we will ride to Gilbert.

Who's going to be there?? let me know so we can hook up and RIDE!!

Ex'r Marlin
06-04-2003, 05:52 AM
First of all... Sorry to hear about your mishap Luvmyex!:( I too am very familiar with the Rockhouse trail.:o Last year, June 2nd... I went off the side of the mountain on trail 10. Broken knee, partially collapsed lung, and poison ivy to boot!!!:rolleyes:

Funny thing... I was there this past weekend too!:eek: I rode Rockhouse on Friday and Sunday. Sorry I missed you there!

I also stayed in Man. I stayed in one of them "double-wides" trailers. A lot less money than staying in a hotel.

Anyway, I hope you are doing ok.

Best wishes to a speedy recovery!:)

jcsact
06-04-2003, 06:26 AM
I loved going up trail #31 (switchback) That was one of my favorites. We went in March. We had a great time.

luvmyex
06-04-2003, 10:49 AM
EX'r, did you meet up with Cody and them?We talked to the guy you rented from.And almost rode past it.There are a few places up there if you went off the trail you would be in big trouble or dead!Hate we missed you guys.Could have been a good ride.
What no reply from Rico on that last comment:confused:

06-04-2003, 11:03 AM

What no reply from Rico on that last comment:confused:

If you show up I promise I'll let you show me how to ride.....:D

luvmyex
06-04-2003, 11:30 AM
Do i get to use your whella too?:huh

Ex'r Marlin
06-05-2003, 02:25 AM
EX'r, did you meet up with Cody and them?Hate we missed you guys.Could have been a good ride.
Yep!:) 3 of us from the East coast; Ron Derno (Derno24), Lenny (440EX4me), & myself. Two from Nebraska!:macho ; Colby & Dusty Kostman (Silverfox):) . We also did a Saturday trail ride with Buddy and his cousin Arron... Good people.

I agree... I wished we would have hooked up and rode! I did not think a few of us were going to be able to keep up the pace out on the trails. I thought some would hold up the line, but they proved me wrong!:macho

BTW... How are you feeling since the accident??:confused: Are you going to make it to the July ride??

06-05-2003, 10:56 AM
I dont remember seeing any of those quads while I was there but them dar hills look familar :) Guess we were all riding in circles since I think we rode most all of the same trails.

Some of those hills were a bit much and we all really ripped up #93 well ripped up one of my day old Kenda's :mad:

What you 2 guys did is the only thing I wasnt nuts about there because some of those hills and turns have a 200ft penalty if you mess up and that could smart bad.

I hear we should be calling Marlin #4 for being the 4th person hospitalised in 02, or at least thats what the ranger said :) Glad you all survived those drop offs.

We also did a Saturday trail ride with Buddy and his cousin Arron... Good people. That was actually a great ride due to the less used terrain and local info that these guys had.

Too bad its a 10+ hour drive from here cause it was some excelent riding.

luvmyex
06-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Ribs still sore as hell but other than that ok.I was supposed to go back towards the end of July.But ive only had one responce from the club im in.So if no more than that are wanting to go then i will probably change the date.

Pappy
06-06-2003, 03:34 PM

You and Pappy could trade polishing stories.

if he wants to polish nerfs with me....it could get real expensive:devil: i dont take being passed to well:eek: ask airdaddy:devil:

luvmyex
06-07-2003, 11:05 AM
I cant afford that pappy! Ill just ride behind ya.Unless you want to rebuild mine like yours:D You definatly know how to build em! Oh i dont even have nerfs:ermm:

06-07-2003, 04:11 PM
thats weird how this is turning into a polishing thread, they usually go directly to powder coating :D :devil:

Sorry papps couldnt resist :)