PDA

View Full Version : gncc's=only the strong survive...

660bigdaddy
06-01-2003, 02:37 PM
congrats to the members that did well this weekend. it doesn't come easy in any class. now the other side of the coin...
me and my buddy drove 7 hours, spent 200.00 each on travel and racing expensives. his quad overheats on the first lap, but finishes 2 laps for the day. i have a great start, crest the top of the hill after the 8 mile mark and my quad quits. mud so thick i can't even begin to try to find what's wrong. so i get towed back in. drive 7 hours home. spend 5 hours today cleaning the quad, trailer, truck, gear, tools, cooler. you name it , it had mud on it... all to race the greatest series in the land !!! can't wait til the next one. oh, btw, my spark plug boot came off. that's why my quad quit. i guess i'll get em next time.
:D

ILGNCC400EX
06-01-2003, 03:03 PM
Big Daddy are you sure you didn't pull that spark plug boot off so you could come in early ? BTW, I am sore from my slip and fall on the tail gate of he trailer. But me and the family went to Casey and watched Jeremiah and the boys do some good racing today.

cdalejef
06-01-2003, 03:03 PM
Man that sucks!!! Kinda like what happend to Yokley in FL.....something simple cost a bunch!
It's amazing how many people don't water proof their bikes. There were so many quads I saw that were cutting out from water on the electronics and in the airbox. A little dielectric grease and an airbox lid without holes will do wonders for you!!! It amazes me how many people are more worried about making their quads fast than making them reliable.

12gofast
06-01-2003, 04:09 PM
sorry to hear about your bad luck!

I had so much happen out there, I can't even remember the first lap....or maybe I don't want to remeber!!!

If it would have been a nice day the track would have been easy and FAST!!!

Hopefully VA will be pretty virgin trails and we wont have to fight all the ruts.

popo
06-01-2003, 05:55 PM
I whish my eyes where waterproof! After sitting in the ER waiting room for 3 hours I was getting fricking pissed. I could not even open them this morning from all the crap seeping out, cuasing my eyelids to stick together.

Big D. 5hrs is great to my 6 cleaning stuff.

All I can say is: OHIO RACES SUCK. Either dusty or muddy. The 30 minute drive was nice for me, but I'll gladly drive 7hrs for better conditions.

Great job to those who won.. or even finished with thier eyes left.

I say cancel the Penton and replace it with Mt. Morris. The pit area is a 10 times better than the Penton.

P.M. Race Details. Out of 249 racers

27=DNF.
86 Riders = 1 lap.
46 Riders = 2 laps.
52 Riders = 3 laps.
38 Riders = 4 laps. The strong

MEL
06-02-2003, 07:39 AM
BD,
sorry to hear about your luck. i hope you didn't rush home for the java race. you going to be able to go next weekend?

660bigdaddy
06-02-2003, 08:58 AM
i'll be there mel. can't wait, only an hour from home!
btw popo, i was the big brown blob at the bottom of that hill telling ya to go around. should of listened...:macho
i guess i was one of the lucky ones cuz i can still see! running a muddy race is like looking at a fat chick- rough on the eyes:huh

trx400ex
06-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy
congrats to the members that did well this weekend. it doesn't come easy in any class. now the other side of the coin...
me and my buddy drove 7 hours, spent 200.00 each on travel and racing expensives. his quad overheats on the first lap, but finishes 2 laps for the day. i have a great start, crest the top of the hill after the 8 mile mark and my quad quits. mud so thick i can't even begin to try to find what's wrong. so i get towed back in. drive 7 hours home. spend 5 hours today cleaning the quad, trailer, truck, gear, tools, cooler. you name it , it had mud on it... all to race the greatest series in the land !!! can't wait til the next one. oh, btw, my spark plug boot came off. that's why my quad quit. i guess i'll get em next time.
:D

Thats what happened to me last weekend at the GNC....damnn spark plug boots!!!!!!!!!!!!! they need to make ones that clamp on or somethin.......

Doibugu2
06-02-2003, 11:17 AM
Man 8 miles and your that dirty. What a mess.

I was watching ATV World or something on OLN and they had pics of the FL race I think. What a mess. That doesn't even sound fun to me.

Bill Fuller
06-02-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Man that sucks!!! Kinda like what happend to Yokley in FL.....something simple cost a bunch!
It's amazing how many people don't water proof their bikes. There were so many quads I saw that were cutting out from water on the electronics and in the airbox. A little dielectric grease and an airbox lid without holes will do wonders for you!!! It amazes me how many people are more worried about making their quads fast than making them reliable. How true,man this guy must be some kind of pro racer.:rolleyes: :devil:

Rip_Tear
06-02-2003, 12:48 PM
Popo, why dont you wear googles? That sucks Big D. I get pissed when stupid things like that happen, or just something totally unthinkable... But I have seen people accidently hit the kill switch and they are checking out the hole quad, all its just that lil red button...

popo
06-02-2003, 05:43 PM
btw popo, i was the big brown blob at the bottom of that hill telling ya to go around. should of listened...:macho

Go figure, I bet I got stuck again!

Does anybody know how Chad Lett is doing. He flipped his quad on top of himself going in the first water crossing after the start. All I saw was two hands sticking out of the water. I yanked his quad off him and he came up out of the water gasping for air. I bet he would have drowned.

Than I got stuck, than I got stuck, than I got stuck. Look for me in Atvsport magazine again.:mad: :mad:

I hated that race, trained my *** off for that and finished in the toliet.

660bigdaddy
06-03-2003, 09:24 AM
hey popo, at least you beat me !!. but that isn't saying much;)

popo
06-03-2003, 06:11 PM
hey popo, at least you beat me !!. but that isn't saying much;)

Ouch!

660bigdaddy
06-04-2003, 09:09 AM
sorry popo if i offended you... i was just trying to cheer ya up bud.
as i was concidering, not signing up, i thought about you, and said, i bet popo wouldn't chicken out, he'll be on the line. i give anyone credit for running the series no matter the outcome. or in my case, dead last. we'll get em next time !!:D