PDA

View Full Version : Line Mountain 3.5 Miler this weekend !!

465Stroker
06-01-2003, 02:23 PM
June 6 - 7th is Line Mountian PA's Annual 3.5 Miler race locate in the heart of AMA District 6 Harescramble Country!!

ATV race on Saturday morning will feature a 4 mile x 3 laps Harescramble race with plenty of rocks, mud, water holes, and some more rocks! Racer guaranteed to be there will be Chris Borich - Multi - 2 Stroke Class Champion, TJ Lenig - Multi 4 Stroke Champion, Tyson Thomas, Traci Cecco, Rick Cecco, Tyler Lenig, Dan Destefano, Rob Hertz, and many more.. All Class PAY CASH!!!! Class are: 2 Stroke, 4 Stroke, and Utility 2 Stroke, and Utility 4 Stroke. Dead engine GNCC style start, GNCC barcode Scoring system!

Rules are easy: 16 years old and easier, Line Mountian Memebership: Around $10.00, Tether Cord, Helmet & Googles..

AMA MEMBERSHIP NOT NEEDED!!

Sunday ATV Races:
Timed 100 Yard Drags: This is a real 100 yard clay drag strip with REAL lights and all!! Same classes as Saturdays race..
Obstacle Course: Fast 30 second race that will have you tapped out in 5th gear, down to 1st making several sharp turns, banked corners, etc. The race gets everyone pumped because it is an all out sprint to the finish with only 2 racers per race to see who can finish first.

Saturdays race is usually around $30.00 and Sundays Drags and Obstacle are $10.00 each. There is a $10.00 gate fee per person, and Camping is available on site (No Reservations - first come first serve - there will be plenty room for everyone)

Line Mountain races will feature 4x4 Jeeps & Buggys running similar classes on the same tracks so the events easily last all day Satruday and Sunday.

Turnouts:

ATV's - Around 40 - 50 total per event (Not class)
4x4's: Around 100 - 150 per event (Not Class)
Buggy's: Around 40 - 80 per event (Not Class)

Here is some info I found on the web, I am not too sure if they have a website: http://www.offroaders.com/jeepfan/line_mountian_4_wheelers.htm

465Stroker
06-02-2003, 05:20 AM
This course is going to be very fast, wet & rocky Harescramble type course on Saturday..
Would be nice to see some people brong out there FST, TC, Sparks, FDO thumpers out and see what kind of times they can run in the 100 yard drags on Sunday...
Last years 4 stroke drag race winner was Traci Cecco on a TC405 / 300EX! She smoked several 440ex's and Cannibals on her way to the top...

jlhughes750
06-02-2003, 06:22 AM
I may go and check this out, i have been hearing about it for years.:confused:

465Stroker
06-03-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
I may go and check this out, i have been hearing about it for years.:confused:
Make sure you bring plenty of Yuengling Beer & hiking boots.......

jlhughes750
06-04-2003, 01:50 AM
Hiking boots????? hey what times the race??? Also do they usually have a bigger 2 stroke or 4 stroke class?? not sure what i'll run... the stocker is a little under powered maybe i'll bring the R.

later, J

465Stroker
06-04-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
Hiking boots????? hey what times the race??? Also do they usually have a bigger 2 stroke or 4 stroke class?? not sure what i'll run... the stocker is a little under powered maybe i'll bring the R.

later, J

After the quads race - it's time to clean up and put on your hiking boots to walk yourself and cooler to the mud hole to watch the jeeps and buggies give it there best try! Plus there is always a few people that try to swim in it usually!! This is an all day event -plan on camping if you can!
4 Stroke stock has a few more entries than 2 stroke. I would say your best run for the money will be in the 2 stroke since it is usually Chris on his R and a bunch of Banshee's, Blasters, etc. If Chris is on his game you may have a good chance at 2nd which still pays good money...
I would plan on being there Saturday morning at 7AM to be safe for signup, tech, etc. Race usually starts by 10AM but signup is usualy over by 8:30AM.

jlhughes750
06-09-2003, 03:50 AM
what happened?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????:confused: :confused: :confused:

any results, or did everone drown!!!!!

465Stroker
06-09-2003, 02:23 PM
In the 4 Stroke Class TJ Lenig Edged out Chris Borich with myself taking 3rd, Todd Rothemal 4th, Traci Cecco 5th, etc... It was definately a wet one!
Tyson decided not to race on Saturday!
In the 2 Stroke Class Joe Borich took one of Chris's Laegers out to take the win with Dan Ketter (sp?) DNFing - not too sure about the other racers in that class..
Sunday - TJ and myself spectated as Traci Cecco and Tyson Thomas battled there way thru 24 riders for the grand finally in the Obstacle Course with Tyson coming out on top in the 4 stroke class.:huh Dan Ketter (sp?) took the 2 stroke overall.
Drags were canceled since the only thing the strip could qualify for was a mud bog!

Where were you?