PDA

View Full Version : My turn with hotcams!

luvmyex
06-01-2003, 11:22 AM
I had to replace a blown head gasket on thurs.While i was in the motor i see that my flange has come loose like so many others have.Who do i need to talk to and how do i get in touch with em?Seems like they have been good working with people on this.What have they been doing with others?Will i need a new flange?thanks for any help.

L.Vegas400
06-01-2003, 01:36 PM
i have my eng torn apart right now for a 416 nad a hot cam install. i would also like some info on the reoccuring problem. what others done to correct this problem?

most pple do a winter rebuild, here i belive in summer rebuilds because of the 'kick your @ss' heat.:mad:

YZROOSTINYA
06-01-2003, 11:32 PM
You dont HAVE to get a new one, just put red loctite on the flange and it will be fine

or contact Tony at WWW.HOTCAMSINC.COM

UglyMotha™
06-02-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400
i have my eng torn apart right now for a 416 nad a hot cam install. i would also like some info on the reoccuring problem. what others done to correct this problem?

most pple do a winter rebuild, here i belive in summer rebuilds because of the 'kick your @ss' heat.:mad:

if you are buying a new hotcam you don't need to worry about the problem cause they now come with the flange casted into the cam so there is no chance of it ever coming loose again

luvmyex
06-02-2003, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys. I dont think red locktite is the answer im looking for though.THey seem to be taking care of this for others so i hope they do for me also.

luvmyex
06-03-2003, 06:35 AM
Hotcams has been vrey promt to help me out here.With a hour of contacting Tony.I had a reply.Now Pat has also contacted me and will send out a return label for the old cam so a new one can be sent.Ulgy is right the new cam i will recive will have a flange already on there.Hats off to hotcams for taking care of this problem.

UglyMotha™
06-03-2003, 06:38 AM
see, now worries, congrats on your success:p

YZROOSTINYA
06-03-2003, 06:51 AM
i never bothered

mine runs like all the girls i try to date:huh

Ex_Rider43
06-03-2003, 10:12 AM
is your motor doing a weird sound when the flange was loose??? like loose valves???

luvmyex
06-03-2003, 11:12 AM
I have a little pinging but i really think thats my heatshield or header.And a little ticking,but nothing bad.I just figured it was the higher valve setting.

excess
06-03-2003, 11:57 AM
anyone have a pic of what the new hotcam with the flange looks like compared to the old one without it. Ebay has some good deals on the cam but want the on with the flange casted on.