PDA

View Full Version : Some new pics of my quad

JLanphear
06-01-2003, 03:37 AM
Hi Guys, put my new plastic and graphics on my quad the other night. I'd like to hear your opinions on it. I still have to adjust the fit in a few places as you can see, and I've also got a few other details I'd like to do to the quad, like changing the nerf bar webs to black, and adding some other sponsor graphics, but you get the idea.

I personally think the quad looks better in person than in any of these pics for some reason.

As you may know, it was just a plain red ex before.

By the way, the side graphics were designed for me by a fellow EX rider (you know who you are), and he sent me the file for free. All of the graphics were cut by our sponsor, After FX Street Design (www.afterfxstreetdesign.com) and I have to say he deffinatly knows his stuff, everything was exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for looking.

-Josh

JLanphear
06-01-2003, 03:39 AM
another

JLanphear
06-01-2003, 03:40 AM
more

JLanphear
06-01-2003, 03:41 AM
side

H_W
06-01-2003, 03:41 AM
That plastic is sweet. It looks awesome.

JLanphear
06-01-2003, 03:42 AM
couple more

250rmike
06-01-2003, 03:43 AM
nice bike i got to be the first to say it NEW REAR TIRES lol nice bike though

JLanphear
06-01-2003, 03:44 AM
In the truck

CHAUNCY
06-01-2003, 03:45 AM
Looks sweet:blah:

muff
06-01-2003, 03:47 AM
looks sweet, nice lookin plastic, did you ahve a hard time installin it? i sure did, kinda wish i just got stock

JLanphear
06-01-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by H_W
That plastic is sweet. It looks awesome.

Wow thanks, I appreciate it!!! :)

Originally posted by 250rmike
nice bike i got to be the first to say it NEW REAR TIRES lol nice bike though

LOL...Those are my "street tires", I have a nice set of holeshots also. :D

tryken
06-01-2003, 03:53 AM
Where is the front bumper?

JLanphear
06-01-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by muff
looks sweet, nice lookin plastic, did you ahve a hard time installin it? i sure did, kinda wish i just got stock

Yeah, everything went fairly smooth until it came time for the lights. Mine are all busted up (you may be able to tell in the pics) and I spent close to 2 hours just on them. Other than that it wasn't sooooo bad, BUT it's nothing like the fit of the stock stuff. I think Maier deffinatly could have done a much better job. I would have gotten stock, but didn't want red or yellow so no choice...I think next time if I need to replace something I'll put the race fronts on and get rid of the headlights, mine don't work anyway. :D

Originally posted by tryken
Where is the front bumper?

In the basement....I am going to repaint it and put it on today. I haven't had a bumper since I've owned the quad because I keep saying I'm getting an aftermarket one....well I'm slow so I'm finally going to put the regular one on.

-Josh

FourFiftyFour
06-01-2003, 04:19 AM
I think that plastic looks sweet.. are you gonna cut the fenders? I wish the fullbore plastic wasnt so expensive for my Dale or Id have a nice set of orange on it :)

JLanphear
06-01-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
I think that plastic looks sweet.. are you gonna cut the fenders? I wish the fullbore plastic wasnt so expensive for my Dale or Id have a nice set of orange on it :)

Thank you...Yes, I am thinking of cutting the fenders because with the Maiers you have to drill a hole in the top of the front fenders and screw it to your modified stock mounts (as you can probably see in one of the close up pics). The plastic is not reinforced at all in that area and I'd imagine that one good flip will really mess things up.

How is it with cut fenders when it is wet outside? Do you get covered with water and mud? That's the only thing I'm not crazy about, but I've never ridden with them cut so I don't know.

Yeah the fullbore is nice for sure, just sooooo expensive. I can't justify spending that much money especially since my quad gets crashed on a very regular basis. I have had the silver plastic all winter long and finally decided to put it on.

-Josh

Atreyu
06-01-2003, 04:25 AM
Looks nice. The graphics go really good with the plastics. Gotta love silver.;)

FourFiftyFour
06-01-2003, 04:30 AM
Well, Ive always gotten muddy when I ride anyway so the cut fenders dont bother me.. and I have my boots on and knee guards so I dont feel the mud hittin me, it doesnt bother me at all tho b/c im riding and havin fun and concentrating too much on what im doing.... yes the plastic tends to flop around quite a bit which makes cutting the fenders practically a must unless u like flapping plastic when u jump lol
But if youre gonna race Id cut the fenders... if you are wanting to just trail ride then most ppl would keep them on but I like the look of the fenders cut and Im gonna get muddy anyway so why not get really muddy :D :D

JLanphear
06-01-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by BoySetsFire
Looks nice. The graphics go really good with the plastics. Gotta love silver.;)

Thanks Bro, I think the silver is a love/hate thing. Some people love it and some really hate it. The quad looks a lot better in person too, at least I think so. I took it to a motorcycle stunt show this weekend for some of the guys to ride and it got quite a bit of looks from people.

We has to stop at home depot on the way home and I was sitting in the truck and a guy rolled by with a carfull in a beat up blazer and I heard him say "WHOA, that is a sweet RAPTOR". LOL...what a bonehead :blah:

Thanks again.

-Josh

muff
06-01-2003, 04:56 AM
I have flipped with my maier and it cracked by the lower front plastic mount really easily, with stock plastic that wouldnt have happened, the plastic is paper thin on the lower front mounts

I like the race cuts because you can see where you exactly the tires are, if you look at the tires they stick out a little already and with aftermarket a-arms the front plastic really doesnt do to much, I'm going to be cutting mine sometime soon

JLanphear
06-01-2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
Well, Ive always gotten muddy when I ride anyway so the cut fenders dont bother me.. and I have my boots on and knee guards so I dont feel the mud hittin me, it doesnt bother me at all tho b/c im riding and havin fun and concentrating too much on what im doing.... yes the plastic tends to flop around quite a bit which makes cutting the fenders practically a must unless u like flapping plastic when u jump lol
But if youre gonna race Id cut the fenders... if you are wanting to just trail ride then most ppl would keep them on but I like the look of the fenders cut and Im gonna get muddy anyway so why not get really muddy :D :D

Gee, don't I feel like a pansy now...lol. You are completely right though :D .

Muff, yeah the plastic is paper thin you are right...It also doesn't seem all that flexible either. Well I'll probably have it broken by the end of next week :ermm: ...hehe

RIjon
06-01-2003, 05:06 AM
Nice Quad man

Looks Great!

Tell yah what , if it EVER Stops raining , maybe we could meet up somewhere and you can take mine out with the cut fenders and see if you like it before you go cutting

Personally I LOVE being able to see the wheels

BTW, maybe you can teach me how to wheelie worth a damn :(

FourFiftyFour
06-01-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by JLanphear
Gee, don't I feel like a pansy now...lol. You are completely right though :D .

Muff, yeah the plastic is paper thin you are right...It also doesn't seem all that flexible either. Well I'll probably have it broken by the end of next week :ermm: ...hehe

Hehehe, actually I liked ridin on the track when its muddy... adds more fun to it :) the day before my first race it started pouring and we rode for a few min then some ppl went in cuz it was REALLY muddy and this track is a good mile at least and I was the only quad out there and I was havin a blast.... that was prolly the most fun I've ever had out on a track

JLanphear
06-02-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by RIjon
Nice Quad man

Looks Great!

Tell yah what , if it EVER Stops raining , maybe we could meet up somewhere and you can take mine out with the cut fenders and see if you like it before you go cutting

Personally I LOVE being able to see the wheels

BTW, maybe you can teach me how to wheelie worth a damn :(

Thanks, a few friends have their fenders cut so I'll probably talk to them to see. I'll still give ya some wheelie tips if you are ever up this way :D .

CDaleChick, you sould like you'll make some ATV riding guy a good wife someday...lol. Thanks for the info.

I'm not really afraid of mud or anything, but a lot of times I'll pull my quad out of the garage and just play for a minute on it. I didn't know if the gras was wet or if the dirt roads were a little wet if I would get covered or not. Like you guys said, the stock fender setup doesn't work all that well, if it's muddy, your going to get muddy. It does stop a lot of the water and mud from the situations I mentioned though.

I'll probably cut them anyway because I know they are going to be broken as soon as I ride it a couple of times.

-Josh

TC17
06-02-2003, 04:40 AM
that looks sweet! the silver goes perfect with the 400 like that. the graphics look sweet too! i'd put a couple more stickers on but don't junk it up, it looks good the way it is.

JLanphear
06-02-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by TC17
that looks sweet! the silver goes perfect with the 400 like that. the graphics look sweet too! i'd put a couple more stickers on but don't junk it up, it looks good the way it is.

Thanks Bro, yes more stickers are on their way. Waiting for our other sponsor to send us some right now, and working with our Graphics sponsor on some more custom ones. It should have plenty of them when I'm done, but should still look nice and clean.

Thanks again!!!

-Josh

Nausty
06-02-2003, 04:52 AM
Nice job, the graphics look really good too.

QuAdRaCeR244
06-02-2003, 04:53 AM
looks sweet!

4Man450es
06-02-2003, 05:06 AM
Niiiiceeeeeeeee

JLanphear
06-02-2003, 05:10 AM
Thanks guys...If you ever need some custom graphics you gotta check this guy out...Very nice work.

-Josh