PDA

View Full Version : Taking the dog along....

stace609
05-31-2003, 04:27 PM
My husband recently got a bike, and I have a quad, sonow i don't know what to do with the dog. Before one of us would always be in the truck and he'd ride in there. I want to take him with but can't figure out a safe way to do it. I've found a seat but its only for up to 25 pounds, and hes 50 :macho: , and they aren't fastened in or anything. My quad is a utility quad, I have taken the racks off but I can use them if I need to......
Anybody have any suggestions or know from experiece what to do with him? :confused:
Thanks a lot,
Stace

batgeek
05-31-2003, 04:30 PM
50lbs is a pretty large dog to be taking on the trails...depending on the size of your quad, might be able to put a travel cage mounted to the racks...tote him around in that. maybe.

BaD_250ex
05-31-2003, 05:57 PM
ya, id go with the travel cage mounted on the racks.

bluebaron
05-31-2003, 05:57 PM
i got a idea, leave the dog at home:confused2

theTman
06-01-2003, 04:03 AM
we used to just let the dog run...we would sotp every once in a while for her to catch her breath then we would take off again..she would always stay aruond us.

FourFiftyFour
06-01-2003, 04:14 AM
the only thing about him bein in a travel crate is its usually slick on the floor of those so he will be slippin side to side and prolly bangin his head a lot.... My dogs have a huge pen that they run in..... they prefer to stay in there... I find that sometimes when ppl take their dogs along riding, the dogs end up gettin snake bit or hurt somehow or lost if they just run along side

Mxbubs
06-01-2003, 07:40 AM
Stace, since you are new here and probably dont know, it is an exriders rule that you must post a picture of yourself before participating in the forums. So go ahead and post your pics.

Thanks for understanding, Mxbubs.:D

AndrewRRR
06-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Mxbubs
Stace, since you are new here and probably dont know, it is an exriders rule that you must post a picture of yourself before participating in the forums. So go ahead and post your pics.

Thanks for understanding, Mxbubs.:D

lol, you dawg

I'm planning on bringing my dog to the dunes this summer but he's staying in camp with the other pooches. I don't think he'd do to well on my R (he's a 108lb golden retreiver)! He'd want his own quad :blah:

SGA
06-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Leave the dog at home or back at the truck.

Ryan
06-01-2003, 11:24 AM
I don't think its such a good idea to bring your dog atving with you. If something goes wrong (crash), your dog could be seriously injured or killed.

I would leave him home.

cudaman
06-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
lol, you dawg

I'm planning on bringing my dog to the dunes this summer but he's staying in camp with the other pooches. I don't think he'd do to well on my R (he's a 108lb golden retreiver)! He'd want his own quad :blah:

108 lbs!!!!!!!! DAMN! what the hell do you feed that dog? steel? maybe you should put him on a diet

jcv400ex
06-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by banshee_ex07
i got a idea, leave the dog at home:confused2

That's what I'd do!

AndrewRRR
06-01-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by cudaman
108 lbs!!!!!!!! DAMN! what the hell do you feed that dog? steel? maybe you should put him on a diet

lol, yeah he was up to 110lbs and we put him on a diet and got him down to 100, but he's back up to 108 or so now. Last time we took him camping the ranger came by and said "You either need to put a leash or a saddle on him". haha