PDA

View Full Version : everyone! help me with a few questions, please!

kicken250x
05-31-2003, 04:10 PM
hey everyone! how are yall tonight? i was just wondering what your views are on a few things are. i know that alot of you are devout(sp?) christians and i for one am not. now, im not looking for alot of crap because im not a christian or because i dont believe in god, just a few opinions on some stuff to possibly get me to believe again.

ok well first, what is your religion?

second, do you believe in creation, evolution, the BBT (big bang theory) or another way that we all got here? explain

thats all for now i will post more later. but please guys, i dont want this to end up like the "whats your religion" thread i want this to be a informational thread on other people's/religion. a friendly debate, if you will. so dont go all noble on each other. anyways thanks a lot yall. later...

QuAdRaCeR244
05-31-2003, 04:12 PM
i am Catholic and i believe in creation:)

batgeek
05-31-2003, 04:13 PM
1) atheist
2) i believe that i drink beer, therefore i am.

kicken250x
Originally posted by QuAdRaCeR244
i am Catholic and i believe in creation:)

explain your reasons. im not looking for "because i was brought up this way" im looking for actual scripture or something of that nature

gonna watch this one ;)

kicken250x
05-31-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
gonna watch this one ;)

c'mon 2-r's everyone's opinion is welcom!

QuAdRaCeR244
05-31-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
explain your reasons. im not looking for "because i was brought up this way" im looking for actual scripture or something of that nature

there is nothing more to say then "i was brought up this way" because i was.

i don't like or believe in all the things my religion believes/teaches and i don't go to church. i don't read the bible and stuff. i am just Catholic but it doesn't really mean all that much to me:huh

Sporttrax400ex
05-31-2003, 04:18 PM
I think everyone should belive in what they want. but i belive in god. i think everyone should.:D

05-31-2003, 04:18 PM
c'mon 2-r's everyone's opinion is welcom!
no thanx ,...I dont talk about religion politics or women :devil:

kicken250x
05-31-2003, 04:19 PM
there is nothing more to say then "i was brought up this way" because i was.

i don't like or believe in all the things my religion believes/teaches and i don't go to church. i don't read the bible and stuff. i am just Catholic but it doesn't really mean all that much to me:huh

haha welp i cant argue with that. i didnt know if you were really big into it or not so thats why i said that

QuAdRaCeR244
05-31-2003, 04:20 PM
haha welp i cant argue with that. i didnt know if you were really big into it or not so thats why i said that

well know you know;)

kicken250x
05-31-2003, 04:26 PM
well know you know;)

thats right i do!:p

05-31-2003, 04:27 PM
all i can say is anyone who gets on knees a few times a day & has to face a certain directions is just plain NUTS!

kicken250x
05-31-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
all i can say is anyone who gets on knees a few times a day & has to face a certain directions is just plain NUTS!

lmao!

QuAdRaCeR244
05-31-2003, 05:31 PM
hey kicken250x, what are your beliefs?:p

toby400ex
05-31-2003, 06:18 PM
I guess i dont have a religion, when chit happens it just happens:confused2

wilkin250r
05-31-2003, 06:51 PM
I never saw any "proof" of God until I believed in him. Now I see it all around me.

I'm not one of those "born again christians" I was always brought up in religion. There just comes a point when you make a conscious decision to believe because you want to, not because your parents do.

kicken250x
06-01-2003, 06:29 AM
hey kicken250x, what are your beliefs?:p

you wanna know mine, eh? well, i dont believe in "god" or the "devil" (i put " " because i dont think those names do them justice if in fact they are real). i do however believe there was a man named Jesus but he wasnt "the masiah" (i think thats what he was called), rather some sort of witch doctor or magican, if you will, that preformed all these healing ceramonies(sp?) and they some how worked and he was then BELIEVED to be the masiah. i do believe that there is a higher life form out there, a much advanced civilization than out own, "alians" (again i use " " because i dont believe that name gives them justice). i believe "alians" are the bases of all life here on earth, kind of like a giant ant farm only for humans and random animals and not ants. they put us here and helped build the pyramids, the sphinx and stong henge as well as many other unexplainable formations here on earth. i think they will pay another visit sometime soon and will help with another massive formation for our ancistors to wonder about.

one thing that has always kept me from believeing in "god" is the fact that if jesus was the mashiah then why didnt he send him befor the time he did? and what happed to the people that lived in 10000BC? did they all go to hell because the suposively refused to believe in god, even when they didnt know about him? same goes for the people who live in the deep jungles of africa, what happens to them when they die?

that is another question i was going to ask. what are your views on that question as well as the other two if you havent already responded?

kicken250x
06-01-2003, 03:11 PM
no one else?:p

dj416
06-01-2003, 03:24 PM
i try to belive in god but its kinda hard sometimes. when i was little i was i didnt know any difrent but as i get older i think about how other people's religions are just nuts and know everybod's religion is right in thier own eyes so how do u know whats right. i think now religion was just started as an easy way to explain the unexplianable. now that we are getting smarter we can explain stuff that people would just say it was "God" or "Gods" that was in control of it in the past. i've been thinking about this alot latley. i'm glad u started this thread