PDA

View Full Version : if u go muddin, then

knighttime
01-04-2002, 12:08 PM
this is the tire for u. These mofo's really dig good. And they even ride smooth on hard surfaces, even the road. They are meant to be reversed for riding in sand/deep snow. They are Pure Sports Realtors.

JabberJaw
01-04-2002, 12:15 PM
How much do they weigh?

knighttime
01-04-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
How much do they weigh?

I dont know, lol.:cool:

250exen
01-04-2002, 12:55 PM
how much were they??

knighttime
01-04-2002, 01:17 PM
Tires, rims, they were mounted, and shipping from Rocky Mountain ATV

max400EX
01-05-2002, 11:18 PM
How much was the actual shipping from Rockymountain? I am in need of some new tires and RMATV has good prices, I jsut dont want to have to buy vaseline when i see the shipping bill :grr

My brother has GBC Mud Sharks, he can go the furthest up the mountain in the snow, not even the utility's make it past him.

Holty
01-06-2002, 09:39 PM
The shipping prices from rocky mountain are actually very reasonable.

knighttime,

I live down in washington, pa about an hour south of you. we both ride in the same weather conditions. i wanna know how you get your bike so (Cover the curse words please) clean :) it looks good man.

max400EX
01-06-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Holty
The shipping prices from rocky mountain are actually very reasonable.

How reasonable are we talking? About $20 reasonable?

knighttime
01-06-2002, 11:12 PM
It cost 231 dollars. I live in pa. thats all i no.

Holty
01-07-2002, 07:04 AM
just call them up, tell them what you want and where you live and they will tell you exactly how much shipping will be. keep in mind you won't pay tax either.

knighttime
01-07-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Holty

knighttime,

I live down in washington, pa about an hour south of you. we both ride in the same weather conditions. i wanna know how you get your bike so (Cover the curse words please) clean :) it looks good man.

Mix 1/3 Wisk laundry detergent with water in a spray bottle (a pressurized one works best). Spray the mofo down. Let it sit for awhile. Then hose it off.

Check the thread "Shine that s.o.b. up" in the maintenance section for a more complete explanation. It's kinda old so u may have to search awhile to find it.

EXtreme-
01-07-2002, 08:36 AM
kt,
two questions for ya, have you noticed any power loss with the 22's? .........and why "wisk" vs. lets say tide or cheer etc? Must be the clean fresh scent that does it? lol

knighttime
01-07-2002, 09:31 AM
For some reason Wisk works best. And I havent noticed any power loss with the 22 inchers. They really give ya nice ground clearance.

01-14-2002, 07:43 AM
the realtor tire is $74.99 from dennis kirk shipping is free, but as an alternative, they also carry a tire called the mud buster for $37.99, the realtor is a 6 ply heavy tire that will rob power from bottom end due to being 12" wide, the mud buster is a 22-11-9 bias ply, very light weight and very good trail/muddin tire, very smooth on hard pack, the realtor is ok on a 400ex, but on a 300 or 250 they are to heavy in my experience, i used the mud buster on my 300ex and 250ex, great tire for price and very long lasting if tire pressure in maintained

MOFO
01-14-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by brokeitin2
the realtor tire is $74.99 from dennis kirk shipping is free, but as an alternative, they also carry a tire called the mud buster for $37.99, the realtor is a 6 ply heavy tire that will rob power from bottom end due to being 12" wide, the mud buster is a 22-11-9 bias ply, very light weight and very good trail/muddin tire, very smooth on hard pack, the realtor is ok on a 400ex, but on a 300 or 250 they are to heavy in my experience, i used the mud buster on my 300ex and 250ex, great tire for price and very long lasting if tire pressure in maintained

Just remember, you get what you pay for. Also that tire has a round profile....not very good when you want the rear end to slide out.

Eric

01-14-2002, 10:47 AM
Aren't those tires called wooley boogers in that pic..:huh

MOFO
01-14-2002, 10:51 AM
Yea...they look just like them....I think they are just a generic version of them. I think the wooly boogers had little lugs in between the tractor type tread...

Eric

Scott
01-14-2002, 10:59 AM
nothing was mentioned about what ply the cheaper tire was. If it's a 2 ply, no wonder it's so cheap. But you'll have to spend another $30 in plug kits to keep air in them. The realators were also mentioned as "robbing power because they are 12 inches wide", the cheap tire is 11 inches wide. How much difference do you think an inch makes?

If you really want to get the tires pictured, go to your nearest TSC and get them for about $37 each. But like VWVR6 said, you get what you pay for.

01-14-2002, 12:30 PM
the mud buster is a 2 ply tire, i have run them in wv. hatfield/mccoy trails, some of the roughest riding east of the missippi river, have never had a plug in one yet! and in reply to realtor width, it is actually wider then 12", from outer sidewall to outer sidewall, it measures 12.75", just because a tire size is stamped on the sidewall doesnt mean that is the actaul measured width or height of the tire, rim size is the accurate measure, also this has a very good rear slide out, and good self cleaning properties in mud, with the mud buster on the back of my 250ex and the realtor on the 300ex, i could smoke his *** in a 200' run, because the realtor robs from the bottom end of a stock 300, idiot , its all to do with physics, the heavier and wider a tire is, the more you are robbing from your bottom end, you are right though you do get what you pay for, so if you want to pay for a fancy name, by all means, do so

Scott
01-14-2002, 01:14 PM
HA HA HA HA!!

Relax there rodger ramjet. You want to flame me, fine. Get your fire extiguisher ready there sparky.

As for calling me an idiot and then explaining the "physics" to me, thanks, I'm an engineer. Glad you explained it to me. I'm sure you know WAY more about all that physics stuff than me. Probably learned it while you were watching Britney on MTV, didn't ya?

As for your tire sizes, I was going by what YOU typed.

As for 2 ply tires, they are LESS punture resistant than 4 ply and 6 ply tires. Fact. Sorry if you don't like it. I didn't make them, I just use them. Lower ply tires are cheaper to make and so they're cheaper to buy. Again, don't get mad at me, I don't make 'em.

You wrote: "just because a tire size is stamped on the sidewall doesnt mean that is the actaul measured width or height of the tire, rim size is the accurate measure".

uhhhhh, yeah, sure. Whatever you say sparky...
So by rim size, are you trying to refer to the width of the rim (bead to bead distance)? If so, that will be less on your tires than the actual tread width. Or are you attempting to describe the diameter of the rim, which has NOTHING to do with the width of the tread?

When you were done beating up on the 300, did you put those heavy tires on a banshee so you could outrun him too?

You have a problem in your physics lesson there Doctor Watson. the width of a tire has nothing to do woth the amount of force you need to apply to get it moving. The weight determines that. (On a vehicle it's referred to as unsprung weight) It's one of Newton's three laws of Physics. An object in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. Conversely an object at rest tends to stay at rest unless acted upon by an outside force. Check your textbook, you'll find I'm correct.

Since you are such an educated person and would like to teach me about physics, shall we discuss your grammar and punctuation? This "," is a colon. It indicates a pause. This "." is a period. It indicates the end of a statement or thought. They are not interchangable. We can continue with possesives and contractions if you would like?

Now, I replied initially without flaming you. I even told everyone that if they were wanted to get the tires YOU said were good, they could go to TSC and buy them off the shelf. If you use these tires and like them, great. Congratulations. Personally, I prefer 6 ply tires because of the puncture resistance. If you would like to continue this stimulating verbal exchange, do it via email or PM. Otherwise, I'm bored with this. I'm done. Peace.

MOFO
01-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if I should just dis-mount my tires, cut some ribs in my wheels and run it like that. I would smoke everything out there, huh? :huh

Sometimes you have to do the pros and cons. Myself, I'd rather have a tire that I KNOW will hold up better and weight a little more. I've also ridden the Hatfield/McCoy trails....give me a 4 or 6 ply any day for those trails. I'd really hate to tear a hole in my sidewall down there... ;) Trust me, I've ridden quads with these tires (before and after)...there is hardly ANY difference other than the fact you have a much stronger tire that digs into just about anything.

Oh BTW brokenit2, take a few deep breaths and chill out...its only a discussion on tires! :D It is not life or death....

Eric:

01-14-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by VWVR6

Oh BTW brokenit2, take a few deep breaths and chill out...its only a discussion on tires! :D It is not life or death....

Eric:

If it does become a life or death situation send me a PM,,I know CPR..:D

And what is up with all the dang arguing lately,,,everybodies got their panties in a bind.