PDA

View Full Version : OK.. Im a bit confused.....

QuadJunkies
05-31-2003, 07:37 AM
I am trying to widen my quad a little, and at first what I bought was the durablue wheel spacers but I bought the wrong ones I wanted the EZ fits cause the fronts are a pain in a arse to mount replacement bolt ones, so.......... I sent back the front spacers and decided to just get an offset rim since its the same and keep the rear spacers. Well now ....... Im alot wider in the rear:huh I thought I should have been more of a one two inch wider in the front?? Im confused I guess but I need my front end wider for the flattrack. Should I go ahead and throw a spacer and the offset rim on the front????? I need some help guys and gals... Thanks!!! TINA :)

Tommy 17
05-31-2003, 07:51 AM
what offset are the front rimz that u bought??? and what is the + on the rear spacers????

stk from the factory the front is 2 inches narrower then the rear... with the offset rimz i'm guessin that its +1 on each side... that will give u equal to a stk rear... u probably have 2+3 instead of the stk 3+2...

if u put on the spacers on the rear that would be probably 2 to 6 inches wider depending on the spacers... i dunno the plus on the spacers...

if the front spacer is the same as the rear spacer in width and u put the front spacers on with the offset rimz u will be the same as the rear... i hope i didn't confuse u...

QuadJunkies
05-31-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
what offset are the front rimz that u bought??? and what is the + on the rear spacers????

stk from the factory the front is 2 inches narrower then the rear... with the offset rimz i'm guessin that its +1 on each side... that will give u equal to a stk rear... u probably have 2+3 instead of the stk 3+2...

if u put on the spacers on the rear that would be probably 2 to 6 inches wider depending on the spacers... i dunno the plus on the spacers...

if the front spacer is the same as the rear spacer in width and u put the front spacers on with the offset rimz u will be the same as the rear... i hope i didn't confuse u... thanks for the reply... the front is a +2 offset rim, and the rear spacer I measrued is a 3 1/2?:huh Durablue told me they were a +2, but there is no way that it is .. ITs at least a +3. now come to find out I cant run the offset rim with a spacer so now what??

Guy400
06-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Tina, keep in mind that if you decide to run a wider offset front rim or run wheel spacers on your stock front rims you will seriously impact your steering. Bumpsteer will be dramatically increased and as a result, so will rider fatigue. The best way to widen your front end is to buy a set of a-arms and new shocks.

Tommy 17
06-01-2003, 02:13 AM
thats a 1st for me... i've never heard of a +2 offset front rim... it must be 1+4:confused: i only heard of 2+3 3+2 4+1... mayb the guy mean they are +1 on each side +2 overall... the bumpsteer would have to be incredibly bad with a +2 offset...

with the spacers being 3 1/2 wider thats goin to put u 7 inches wider in the rear...

with the +2 front rimz ur goin to be 4 inches wider in the front...

without spacers in the front ur goin to be 5 inches wider in the rear then u are in the front...

like guy said the best thing to do would be to get a set of +2 a-arms to eliminate the bumpsteer...

AtvMxRider
06-01-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Tina, keep in mind that if you decide to run a wider offset front rim or run wheel spacers on your stock front rims you will seriously impact your steering. Bumpsteer will be dramatically increased and as a result, so will rider fatigue. The best way to widen your front end is to buy a set of a-arms and new shocks.

Tina I agree with Guy. I wouldn't put the spacers and the offset wheels on. I would do one or the other.

QuadJunkies
06-01-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
thats a 1st for me... i've never heard of a +2 offset front rim... it must be 1+4:confused: i only heard of 2+3 3+2 4+1... mayb the guy mean they are +1 on each side +2 overall... the bumpsteer would have to be incredibly bad with a +2 offset...

with the spacers being 3 1/2 wider thats goin to put u 7 inches wider in the rear...

with the +2 front rimz ur goin to be 4 inches wider in the front...

without spacers in the front ur goin to be 5 inches wider in the rear then u are in the front...

like guy said the best thing to do would be to get a set of +2 a-arms to eliminate the bumpsteer... Im not going to be jumping in the spacers, I am running the track with them...thats it..;) I simply cannot afford all that this year,so I have to make the best of it and stick with a cheaper way to widen for stability... OK now, TOmmy ..sorry but Troy didnt measure them right, so this is the measurements.........my rear spacers are a 2.5 and my front rims are a 2/4 offset.WOW. what a dif that offset made for the front!! w/o my rear spacers, its sitting pretty good, with my front being wider,BUT not widening the rear, would this be ok to run on the track? I willl have a sway bar and a lowering kiot alos, so I will be wider.... Again, this is just for racing not for everday riding......next year I will have a complete set up

Tommy 17
06-01-2003, 06:19 AM
ok that sounds alot better... i was like wtf that can't be right...

that should work out good with the lowering kit and the anti sway bar...

have fun at the races QJ

Chef
06-01-2003, 06:36 AM
It will work fine for the small tracks over there Tina. I ran stock width and a +2 swingarm on two weekends on a half mile.:o

AtvMxRider
06-01-2003, 08:03 AM
^POS..................:blah:

QuadJunkies
06-01-2003, 08:19 AM
Thanks guys!!! I guess Ill return the spacers and just run it this way then and Ill just use the $$ for a set of radials... Any suggestions??? Im new on the radials and I really dont know alot about them.:) I hear ther eis a good front radial at a fraction of the cost on some of them .(around 40.00) anyone know which one Im referring to?????

Chef
06-01-2003, 10:40 AM
Do you want to run MX Radials? or real TT Tires ?

QuadJunkies
06-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Do you want to run MX Radials? or real TT Tires ? Im thinkin an MX radial will suit my needs for this track.....:)