PDA

View Full Version : grr i'm so frustrated

Nausty
05-30-2003, 04:01 PM
Just got my rear end all together after swapping the parts from my dads quad to replace the already bent pivot bolt and broken carrier to find that when I press down on the rear end I hear a loud pop and the ssd spring or spacer is all messed up and I noticed there was a lot of metal chipped off the spacer. I thought I was done w/ shock problems finally after getting a brand new rear shock because my rear elka rebuild is a real pos. It kept blowing seals and spouting oil every where and I think the shaft is bent after jumping 80ft plus jumps with no oil or anything in the rear shock. I am getting so tired of things going wrong. Seems like once it gets fixed something else breaks or another problem arises. I mean I don't ride that hard.

I've spent so much time not riding because of shocks. First of all it took em' forever to valve it in the first place because they didn't have parts in stock and right on the first ride it blew and I had to send it back and each time I had to dissassemble most of the rear end to get the shock off. Then the seal went again and I just finished the season on it to then get it fixed and buy brand new and now this is busted.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope all this makes sence.

Sparks425Ex
05-30-2003, 04:05 PM
I feel your paon man. I have gotten to ride 2 times in the last 7 months. I am really getting sick of it. As soon as one thing is fixed somthing else breaks... It really sucks.

I am just getting so sick of my quad. That is why I haven;t been on here in a while. I geuss it just might be gettign old for me...

Nausty
05-30-2003, 04:55 PM
well, we figured out what was making the clicking:o Looks like a set screw off the shock broke off some where and got wedged between the spring and the spacer. Doesn't look like it damaged anything thats really important but not the rear ssd spring is all the way compressed and it use to not be. We are trying to adjust in now. Man i've had a lot of bad luck w/ elka. I'm kinda doubting it performance wise too.:ermm:

But man so much stuff on my quad needs to be replaced and its costing so much money. Like for instance i've had my tires for about 6 months but i've only put on a couple of months of riding on them and they are more than half way wore down and the front right one leaks air for some reason. It was over $200 for the itp holeshots and they are already about wore out.

Man, I wish I didn't have to worry about all this stuff.... I just wanna ride.

I gotta question though on the aftermarket rear elka shock w/ ssd is the ssd spring suppose to be always compressed when its sitting on the ground? I don't remember it always being fully compressed like that and now when we adjust it for less preload its still all the way compressed.

toby400ex
05-30-2003, 06:21 PM
Whats up with my stock shocks not leakin and chit, threy need to explode and then my parents need to buy me some custom axis:confused2

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-31-2003, 02:42 AM
I feel for ya man. It happens to everyone at one time or another, so don't feel too bad. I had Holeshot MX's as well and I was stunned to see them looking baldish after a week of riding. I said screw it and eBay'ed them while they were still decent. When you decide to get new tires I would consider either Klaws all around, or Radials up front with Tamers in the back. Either setup will work as good as, or even better than the Holeshots plus they will last longer.

Nausty
05-31-2003, 05:01 AM
tamers don't fit 9" rims right. Klaws do tho am I right?

Rip_Tear
05-31-2003, 11:36 AM
Wow Nausty that really sucks! With the front tire leaking air, just buy a can of tire sealant, the stuff you just spray in, works great! I have done it to both my rears (400ex) and one front (trx 300) and neither leak now :D

QuadTrix6
05-31-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Nausty

yea you can get kendas on a 9inch rim, and they will last way longer than holeshots, i am getting them next also becuase i run grooved tamers and they are wearing way to fast i got like 30% tread left :mad:

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-31-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Nausty

My bad, I thought you had 8" rims. Well you can get the Klaws still...just not the Tamers like QuadTrix6 said.

Narly R
05-31-2003, 01:40 PM
Yea I know how ya feel! thinks on a 20 year old bike fall apart way easier than new ones! bolts come loose all the time! But I know how ya feel! Least yor not out for a long time! I know how that is too!:mad:

Bean
05-31-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Yea I know how ya feel! thinks on a 20 year old bike fall apart way easier than new ones! bolts come loose all the time! But I know how ya feel! Least yor not out for a long time! I know how that is too!:mad:

bolts dont just decide to fall off my 17 year old bike, ever heard of loc-tite?

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-31-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Bean
bolts dont just decide to fall off my 17 year old bike, ever heard of loc-tite?

Or just tightening them :devil:

Nausty
06-01-2003, 07:59 AM
wow, had my race last night, Chain fell off in the first heat and the bearings are already jacked in my dads swingarm. Came out 5th place out of 27 in my main last night tho.:D To top it all off I had to line up behind everyone else because there wasn't enough gates because I had last gate choice because of the dnf in the heat. I should hopefully not have all these problems once I get a new rear end and stem and bars.

06-02-2003, 03:15 AM
Well guys if you race and ride hard...breakin parts and workin on the quad is an almost weekly thing...:( I've spent more time workin on mine this year than riding so I know how ya feel.

Preventative maint. is your best friend when it comes to racing quads....

Foxrage
06-02-2003, 03:29 AM
Im in the same boat too. I just got all new stuff on mine. New front shocks and and stock rear. So i need my rear rebuilt to go with my front. But i found some walsh a-arms and decided to buy them so now i have LT a-arms, no front shocks and a stock rear and only about enough money to buy some TCS front shocks. And just yesturday i wrecked and need new bars and stem.....Im hoping the stem, bars and rear shock will last one more month till i get a job. and i need a trailer, new gear, ama card before i can start racing.....GOOD THING I GOT THE OTHER COPY OF MY MOMS CREDIT CARD:devil:

Shes gonna be pist when she sees 750 for a-arms and 775 for shocks and i only give her 1000 to pay her back lmao...