PDA

View Full Version : Can't Decide What to Get for 250EX!!

Fast250EX
05-30-2003, 02:29 PM
I have about 150 bucks but can't decide what to get. I would like to be faster than my bud's Mojave so saving up for a T4 may not be a bad idea. I don't like the stability of the stock rear tires though. It has caused me a couple wrecks already, resulting it 2 bruised ribs and several other scrapes.

I ride in some gnarly trails too, not very rocky but there are several logs around and I would also like to have a skid plate.

Nerf bars would also be sweet but that would be a purely looks item.

Basically, which should I get first? I can live with the stock power and stability and undercarriage protection but would like each to be better. If the T4 makes a pretty significant improvement, i may save for that but I can always get that for Christmas and kick butt next spring.

I think for the safety of me, the tires would be the better choice, i want a more planted feel. What do you think i should do?

rider250ex
05-30-2003, 03:55 PM
well the t4 is a pretty good choice and so would tires. but i would also look into nerfs. they are not at all for looks. i have been run ova and had my feet slip off and hit rocks so many times. nerfs would be a big help

Fast250EX
05-31-2003, 05:09 AM
I don't know what to get. The tires would be more stable and since i would go with 20's it would lower the ground clearance and make me need a skid a bit more. The nerfs look good and would actually save me in a rollover. What is a good set of nerfs in the 150 price range with shipping? I will go to my local ATV store for everything else I get but the net has good prices and better looking stuff than they do and i hate to ask them to order something else when they have a good set of nerfs right there, just not my style.

I would like polished nerfs if i can. I also want a place with relatively fast shipping. Nothing that takes anymore than 3 weeks. I would also like a front bumper too but they seem over priced for what they are. I like AC Racing mud screen style bumpers.

Thanks.

Sportrax10
05-31-2003, 06:54 AM
If your tires arnt too worn down, then keep them for a little bit longer. So put your money towards either a pipe or skid plates.

250EXking
05-31-2003, 10:29 AM
yeah if your tires arent bad get a pipe and plates. i went with white brothers and k&n for a more power and 22' razrs with nerfs and it runs good and turns and corners better.

250exen
05-31-2003, 11:02 AM
man, that 250ex looks like a tractor with them big tires on it! it also looks like you have a really short swingarm.

looks sweet!

tj

250exen
05-31-2003, 11:04 AM
ohh, and the first thing that i did was get the t-4. defently get that first. BIG power increase. when you get it, order a k&n air filter and get a 107 main jet. runs perfect! dont get the k&n jet kit, it aint worth it.

250EXking
05-31-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 250exen
man, that 250ex looks like a tractor with them big tires on it! it also looks like you have a really short swingarm.

looks sweet!

tj

yeah i made a mistake getting the 22's. they are huge on the 250.

user101
05-31-2003, 07:22 PM
getting a pipe for ur 250ex is not gonna make it faster...atleast not noticeablely faster...it will acclerate faster but wont go any faster because the 250 is shaft driven and there is no way to change gear ratio's unless u change rear tire size.

hope this helps