PDA

View Full Version : Which shocks?

yello300ex
05-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Im startin to get into racin and i need to new shocks cuz i bottem out on some of the jumps at the track i go to.Im gonna be extendin the axle and a-arms and new shocks but i duno which shocks r the best...Ive been told axis and works from different people..the guy that is settin my bike up wants to put axis..should i get them or works?

hondarider83
05-30-2003, 02:39 PM
I think any aftermarket suspension will make a big difference. I installed works front shocks on my 400ex and it made a big difference. However, I have had the chance to ride on other bikes with PEP shocks and there is an improvement over the works shocks. It is probably because mine are set up too soft. I would recomend getting compression adjustable shocks so that you can fine tune them for your riding syle. Anyway, I have heard that axis shocks are the best if not one of the best brands out there. The works shocks are typically quite a bit cheaper. Eitherway, you will get a great ride out of both brands. Also, you might look at Elka shocks, they seem to be promoting their shocks alot and their customer support is great. A lot of racers seem to be running these shocks.

RiPPiNiTuP7
05-30-2003, 03:04 PM
You can't go wrong with any of the mid to upper priced shock brands. This includes Elka, TCS, PEP, Axis, etc...just go with the one that is in your price range, and your willing to wait for. If your serious about MX, don't go with a low dollar shock, you will be regretting it down the road.

yello300ex
05-30-2003, 03:36 PM
i have a good bit of money saved up and im lookin for top of the line shocks to race with so price doesnt matter