PDA

View Full Version : Losing power part 3: Pressure in crank case

Sick0
05-30-2003, 10:23 AM
I was looking over my 400 today. I beleive the whole problem is with something making ot much oil built up in the motor. I was thinking, if the oil screen was cloggedwould it allow the oil pump to pump oil into the motor and with screen clogged not alow and oil to return to the oil tank. I'm thinking with the oil just being pump in. it will built up pressure, anfd forcing oil throught the crankcase vent into my intake, and causing the oil seals in the motor to leak. Almost all of the seals leak now. What do you think or know????????

Dirt
05-30-2003, 12:24 PM
The bolt circled with yellow is the bolt I mentioned before....With the quad warm and at idle (on flat ground) remove the bolt. The oil should barely come out of the hole if at all. the oil level is supposed to be even with the threads on the bottom of the hole, or about. If you have excessive oil coming out of the hole it is a problem with your oil system....

Dirt has attached this image:

Dirt
05-30-2003, 12:26 PM
Thanks again for the pic 502

Dirt
05-30-2003, 12:28 PM
If oil pumps out of the hole you got an oil prob.....Check it out... check you filter screen too. But make sure you have an oil prob before you waste time.