PDA

View Full Version : '95 Nissan truck...burning smell

zephead400ex
05-30-2003, 03:35 AM
See if you guys can help me out on this one.

I have a '95 Nissan truck, 4 cyl, 5 spd, and has 105,000 miles.

Problem:
On occasion when I have any of the following combinations on I can smell burning wires. AC/heat, outside vent, recirculating air, cool air, warm air - but only when I have the air blowing from the dash vents.

I have looked under the hood and all around the block and exhaust but I do not see any wires/anything that should not be touching or be even close to them that would cause them to burn.

From what I know, I think it might be the blower motor going out. But then on the other hand it could be something that the blower motor is blowing through...I really dont know.

Any one have any ideas on what the burning wire smell could be?

thanks in advanced

peace

zephead400ex
05-30-2003, 05:29 AM
Buelluer, Buelluer, Buelluer,...anyone??

Max400
05-30-2003, 06:24 AM
Sounds to me like your blower motor is about to go out!! I have a 98 nissan pick-up, the next time that you smell the burning smell, reach under the dash on the passenger side and feel the blower motor!! it should be in plain site under the dash!

Hey not to change the subject but!!! Have you seen the new ZEPPELIN DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D It ROCKS. checkout Trampled underfoot, In my time of dying(Page just tears it up on the slide guitar) and the Ocean. I haven't watched the whole thing yet(5hrs. long) my brother has it and we stayed up way to late last night in a state of "Zeppelin Nirvanna":D :D :D :D

FastByDesign
05-30-2003, 07:31 AM
You might be birning a bit of oil their

250x#93
05-30-2003, 08:29 AM
You might be birning a bit of oil their

Burning wires smell a little different then oil:rolleyes: But if it smells like burning oil instead of wires hes right:devil:

Leo
05-30-2003, 12:57 PM
could also be the blower motor resistor.. what fan speed(s) do you smell it on?

not sure about a jap truck, but typically on a domestic the resistors for the various fan speeds are mounted in the airflow from the blower to help cool them (they get very hot)..

the resistor may be going bad, or you may have sucked something in the heater box and it's laying on them and melting (piece of plastic bag, or whatever)..

Or the blower motor could be crapping out causing it to draw way to much juice..

Regardless.. if your getting an acrid burning electrical smell, get it checked out man.. Once a car decides to light up it usually takes all of about 5 minutes for it to be a total loss, long before the FD shows up..

Leo