PDA

View Full Version : FMF Titanium 4 Sizes?

RIDER11X
05-30-2003, 03:17 AM
In Rockty Mtn. ATV they show these pipes offered in different sizes. I am still looking for a pipe that is short enough to not get tagged if someone gets a bit out of control behind me and runs into my quad. Anyone got pics of one of these on a 400ex? The 14" seems like it might be the hot set up.

RIDER11X
05-31-2003, 02:45 AM
Anyone?:(

05-31-2003, 04:30 AM
I don't think that the titamium 4 adds anything but sound. Maybe im wrong but thats what ive heard! But yeh that should keep it close to quad and not stickin out but if you are racing GNCC i think the 14" isn't legal.

RIDER11X
05-31-2003, 03:13 PM
Why are all pipes made soooo long. Any rear end collision will wipe out a pipe easily. TC has a great pipe, but it is to loud for anything but MX and TT. There has to be a way to build pipes shorter with technology like the FMF Powercore 4 Q to silence it a bit.:confused:

05-31-2003, 06:04 PM
i remember on my 300ex when i just got a wb pro meg and i hit the kill switch up a hill on accident and my friend jacked me in the *** end. It F----- it up!!! It bent the head pipe soo bad it each side was touching each other. no way exhaust could get thorough that. they need to thin kbefore they make em soo long!

Diedrich
05-31-2003, 06:18 PM
yeah pipes are too long..I have a DMC and its not too long but i think ima buy a TC next because of the design and sound

raptor_02
06-01-2003, 07:21 PM
to the guy that said that titanium 4's don't do nothing but add sound, i want to say your smoking some crack. This is arguebly one of the best pipes made except for like Sparks, TC, CT etc. It's very light and provides a good power gain throughout the powerband.

Johnny & Monica
06-23-2003, 12:57 PM
my FMF has 5 inches cut out of it. I race some GNCC's and had no problem with making it out of tec. I have never had it hit, but i have hit other's and seen some damage on their quads. ( they shouldn't stop between trees lol) I say cut it down.