PDA

View Full Version : Wiring - The last step

killerworm
05-29-2003, 04:50 PM
Well, my 250r is almost done and the wiring is holding me up. All mine has is four wires coming out of the stator (2 hot and 2 cold). From there I have a CDI, an aftermarket kill switch, the coil and the spark plug.....when I kick it , no spark is getting through the plug. I tried hooking up the wires in various configurations but still nothing....any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Thanks!!
Mason

DESDAK4
05-30-2003, 12:00 AM
Well Mason,

I hope sombody on here has some answers. I was looking at the diagram a little more last night after you left and it looks like there are some things missing. We know that we don't have a Headlight, Taillight, Stock Engine Stop Switch, Lighting Switch, and the Dimmer Switch. But, per the diagram there should be a Regulator and a Pulse Generator wired in there somwhere to go along with the CDI and your Kill Switch. I think with this diagram and some time I may be able to get you spark if I just run the wires needed for the CDI and Ingnition coil but I do not know how I would pull it off just yet because I am not sure if we will need these other things and I want your CDI to work or there could be even bigger problems later.

O yeah why we are asking for help on this thing we should also ask these guys if they know what the deal with screw hole in the left side of the cylinder and dirrectly under the water pump are.

So there ya go folks, I hope someone has some help for Killerworm he has been at it on this bike since December with one problem right after another.

Jay
USAF
AMMO