PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Problem

Matt102
05-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Ok, here it is: Everytime I go riding in a place with alot of big puddles, the throttle gets really stiff. I pull the throttle case cover off and there is a whole pool of water in there. How do you think its gettin in? I think its gettin in because the throttle itself is loose, but, its only a very little loose(and no its not the play in the throttle). Everytime this happens I spray some cable fluid in the throttle cable and spray some carb cleaner on the carb slider and its fine again. The last time it happened, when i put it back together, there was tons of play in the throttle when the carb cap was screwed on and the slider was in, but when I took the slider out it was fine--- Im thinking this was cause the spring in there got screwed up? I did a total clean up on the machine and the throttle cable was fine, but the carb did have a little water in it. Its fine now but It will probably happen again and I want to figure out what keeps causing this because everytime you go to a harescramble, there are big puddles. So, what do you think it is? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks:confused:

GNCC#829
05-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Do you have that brown gasket under the throttle cover?:confused:

wilkin250r
05-30-2003, 05:28 AM
If there is a possiblity that you are getting water and dirt into your throttle cable, I would suggest that you replace it. The last thing you want is your cable to stick WOT going into a hazardous section.

UglyMotha™
05-30-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
The last thing you want is your cable to stick WOT going into a hazardous section.

living on the edge baby :blah:

Dirt
05-30-2003, 12:33 PM
Take the lid off and fill it with grease...:D

2K1 300EX
05-30-2003, 02:23 PM
One word.....Permatex

Matt102
06-01-2003, 03:41 PM
I found it out: The water is gettin in because of the throotle being loose. And the little spring is gettin bunched up in there. If I put a pool of WD-40 in there b/f I go ridin it soaks up the water, but thats just a quick fix. Should I buy a new throttle?