PDA

View Full Version : Coral Pink?

F-16Guy
05-29-2003, 04:40 PM
Any of you guys (or girls) been to Coral Pink Dunes? It's in southern Utah, just north of Colorado City, AZ. It's up a ways in elevation (5000 ft, I think), so it stays pretty cool for the desert. Not as big as Dumont or Glamis, but the scenery is awsome, and the riding can't be beat. If you go, do it in the spring or fall, the weather is perfect then.

CHAUNCY
05-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Ive seen pics before and that place looks awesome

rhandw69
05-29-2003, 05:12 PM
I have to go to Wichita falls for a few weeks, my plan is to haul my bike down there and hit it on the way back up to washington. Ill be in no hurry, but id like to try and hit that place, and then come back up to st anthonys.

CHAUNCY
05-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by rhandw69
I have to go to Wichita falls for a few weeks, my plan is to haul my bike down there and hit it on the way back up to washington. Ill be in no hurry, but id like to try and hit that place, and then come back up to st anthonys.

Sounds like a plan but first make a little detour to pick me up ;)

F-16Guy
05-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by rhandw69

7-Level school? I just got back a couple of weeks ago. Still boring, but the golf isn't bad if you're into that. Don't miss Coral Pink, it's worth a detour.

L.Vegas400
05-29-2003, 10:12 PM
the guy i used to ride with screwed up his knee there, and they got it all on video:D havent been yet though. let me know when you will be there and a couple of us will make a trip up there too.

rhandw69
05-30-2003, 03:48 AM
No actually its kinda a stupid reason why im going. Im basically filling a manning assistance slot for a project happening down there. I went to 7 level there a few years ago and that pretty much was a big waste of time. Golfing was all there was to do.

airheadedduner
05-30-2003, 05:40 AM
I heard it pits up your plastic:ermm:

F-16Guy
05-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400
the guy i used to ride with screwed up his knee there, and they got it all on video:D havent been yet though. let me know when you will be there and a couple of us will make a trip up there too.
I'll let you know. There's usually a pretty big group of us. Last time we went up, the parking lot was full (I had reservations), but it seemed like we were the only ones on the dunes the whole weekend. Got to wait until summer's over, it does get hot during the day up there.

F-16Guy
05-30-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
I heard it pits up your plastic:ermm:
No more than Sand Lake.

airheadedduner
05-31-2003, 04:32 PM
I heard, I am not sure though. That it is very course, like ground lava rock, and will pit up your plastic very badly. Like on day badly. I don't ever have the problem here, sand lake I don't ride at though.

F-16Guy
06-02-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
I heard, I am not sure though. That it is very course, like ground lava rock, and will pit up your plastic very badly. Like on day badly. I don't ever have the problem here, sand lake I don't ride at though.
No, the sand is very soft, softer than the beach. The name Coral Pink refers to the hue of the sand and surrounding mountains, not the consistancy of the sand. It's on the border of Zion National Monument, so bring your camera, because the scenery is awsome.:cool:

airheadedduner
06-02-2003, 05:32 AM
I think I am talking about somewhere else:huh