PDA

View Full Version : 400ex's 1st time in the snow!!!

Jeff
01-03-2002, 08:48 PM
Well it finally snowed around here! We got like 6-8" of snow last night and this is the first time I got to ride my 400ex in the snow! It was soo much fun! I got some cool pictures too, i'll post them up when I can. But I also have some bad news too. Stupid really. Well anyway, me and my dad were riding up the road (on the side of the road actually), I was on my 400ex, he was on the Recon, and we went up the road about 3 miles and when we came back, this woman opened her door at her house and started yelling. So I stopped and turned around b/c it sounded like kids and I turned around to see if it was but I didn't see nobody but that woman standing in her front door in a night gown, I didn't think nothing of it so I started back for home. Sure enough as soon as I pull up in my back yard, I had just got off and took my gloves and stuff off and here comes the police, pulled right up in my backyard! He told my dad that there was a report of a couple of 4-wheelers going up and down the road and they cut through this womans yard (the one that called the police, the one that had her head out the door yelling), and I know good and well that I did not cut through her yard! I was on side of the road, not in her yard, but some people call the side of the road "their yard". I think some people need to just mind their own business sometimes!! Anyway, my dad didn't necessarly say that we "wern't" riding up and down the road, but he hinted around that we were on side of the road, but not in people's yard! So he said ok and he left. Im not going to let my stupid neighbors run me down like that though, im still going to have my fun, im just going to go up the road the other way. But now that I know who called the law, its payback time! I always get revenge on my neighbors when they mess with me, especially when my quads is envolved! Now I could see her point if I was out right in her yard drawing doughnuts and just spinning and stuff, I wouldn't want nobody doing that in my yard either, but I was not, I was riding in my own path's nice and easy on side of the road. But I had fun though. I like roosting in the snow, thats fun too! Ohh yeah, the police also didn't really "say" that we could not ride on side of the road, he said that we couldn't be in the road or cutting through people's yard. We dont get much snow around here, but when we do, it sure is fun! It aint the bad cold since we have our cover-all's on, it keeps me warm. Only thing that gets cold is my neck and my hands. Does anybody have heated handelbar grips???? A buddy of mine used to have a 4-wheeler, but I think his came with it on there. Does anybody know if you can get that added on to your quad?? I wouldn't mind having some....

400exBro
01-03-2002, 09:17 PM
Your lucky my neibours call the side of the raod part of the government( including the ditch i uesly drive in) and call the cops everytime i drive and i can t do anything about i whish there was some kind of lience like the snowmobliers have( up in Canada you be 13 and drive a S/M on the raod and stuff and it has 10x s more power than the atv) i find that is just stupid, i want to have the same rules as the S/M and get a lience to drive on the raod and stuff when your 14 and older
i am going to write a nice long lettere to the gov. and ask if a rule can be put in to action:eek: :devil :grr
lata
400exBro

Also why not just take the S/M set up and try to swtich it on the 400, it s worth it

Stevo
01-03-2002, 09:20 PM
Yeh I agree riding in the snow is pretty fun. This year I have maxxis all-traks and they hook up good in the snow. A lot better than my bald holeshots did last year!

As for heated handlebar grips. I had them on my old polaris sport 400. Their are real nice in the winter, but I think they're really uncomfortable. If they had a good feel to them I would of put them on my EX but I did not. Also had a thumb warmer too but it was also uncomfortable.

01-03-2002, 09:28 PM
That Sounds Great today was the first time i`ve had my Raptor in the snow pretty cool huh? But your right cold!! for the neck
being cold wear a turtle neck and roll it all the way up your
neck that helps And for the hands you can buy hand warmers
there like hand guards you put your hands in From www.rockymountainatv.com And for the nasty Neighbor
Let me give you some Advice. Go to her and tell her your very sorry but it was not you that went thourgh her yard. tell her you will pass the word on that she is upset an to stay out of her
yard to other atvers. I know this is not your Fault but beleave me
this will make things better on you the next time shes sees you she will no its you and maybe even wave to you. ATVS catch
a bad Rap anyway try not to make it worse. We don`t have any where to ride now because of pepole who do things like who ever rode thourgh her yard lets try an keep a good image
for fellow atvers. I`m 30 yrs old an i`ve been there I still
here it pepole saying things about Atvers An it Makes me so mad were just trying to have fun so anyway enjoy your snow I no I will
Down here in RockinghamNC Its all good , (10in of SNow it rocks)

4punksdad
01-20-2002, 04:23 PM
buy MSR Cold Pro gloves................thank me later.

Live2Ride300
01-27-2002, 05:15 PM
I live in NH, and up here it gets pretty cold. There is a lake across the street from my house, and a few of my friends live on it, we all get together and go out on the ice. We set up a nice track with jumps. Its awesome go out there for the day, pulling people on sleds and snowboards accross the ice, then battling on the track. Its a dream, some of the best riding is in the winter. But in the summer we hit the trails and go to the sand pits. :D