PDA

View Full Version : just one question, about all the petitions to save atvs

derekhonda
05-29-2003, 11:18 AM
This may sound idiotic, and it probably is, but if it were not for this website, many of us would not even know that they were trying to shut down riding areas, or put more restrictions on the sport itself. I mean i try to keep up with the news, i watch it usually everynight, i have never seen anything like it on tv. I seldom pick up a paper so i could not tell you if it is in there or not.

My point is, is how can things get changed without the american public knowing. I mean there are A LOT of people who ride offroad recreational vehicles, and i would bet money if more of them knew what was going on in washington we would have alot more backers supporting whatever cause benefitted the sport most.

Anyone understanding what im saying.

Flip)(stick
05-29-2003, 11:21 AM
yea in washington state , lots of good places i know of went down, slowly there fading away here

derekhonda
05-29-2003, 01:29 PM
well i actually meant like washington dc, the capital. haha

LIke what i was thinkin is i bet if some government official put up a petition that said unless so many people disagree we are going to give all the land we have taken away back to the offroaders. It might just pass just because it wasnot put in the news.

I cant even explain what i mean, i hope someone understands

Knight440
05-29-2003, 01:38 PM
Well put!

dj416
05-29-2003, 01:45 PM
i know what u;re talkin about and it makes sence. its just thier sneaky way to try to screw us out of riding areas. thats why its up to us (the people who know what they're doing) to tell other people about it and try to stop it. i was talkin to a man working at 'kentuck orv trails' in alabama and he was telling me every state is suppose to take a certian % of state money for nature trails and a % of that % was suppose to go to orv trails but not enough people ask where that money is, so they just put it to stupid bicycle trails and hiking trails

Nausty
05-29-2003, 03:42 PM
what if we could get like one main atv page like atv scene to have news about petitions and that stuff right on the main page and then have other atv sites do the same thing.

derekhonda
05-30-2003, 03:41 AM
^^ i think that might be a pretty good idea. We cant use ignorance as an excuse anymore so we should spread the word as best we can, and the internet is probably a pretty good place to start