PDA

View Full Version : I have never been more pissed off

300EXrider02
05-29-2003, 10:12 AM
well maybe I have, but I swear I have never seen a honda or any machine for that matter have as many problems as mine, I mean really, if I told you half of the problems all the honda loving fans, including me would really be amazed, it is really a POS

for 2002 i have had more problems one after another in a f-in row, non stop money just f-ing pouring outta the pockets

well now I give the quad to my local shop, thinking "well, I will pay the 150$ after just spending 300$ at another shop, just to have it fixed and running and then sell it"

boy was I wrong, good ol' honda to the rescue! well that didnt happen, not only can my shop not fix some problems I am having but they say its a pos, well well

gas was flowing out of the over flow tubes like a mother everytime the gas is on...well I have been inside and out of my carb plenty of times, and well I could do nothing, no matter what you guys said or my shop said...well i bring it down anyway, they say these honda float bowls are plastic pieces of crap, they constantly break and there is no adjustment on it...they say i have to replace all seals and everything to make it running like it was, and then it will still do the samething a year from now...the thing is i got it in may or 2002, and have low hours on the thing, has not been running good in the past 5 months

you might have read pass huge threads about my carb problems, and quad problems, some my fault but mostly all happened randomly,

so what is the deal? is the shop full of crap? do i need new stuff? has this happened to anyone...?

sorry for the book, but this has just taken to much time and money for something as bad as a 300ex:huh (not flaming on other 300ex owners, but honeslty, put money into something worth it!!!!)

this is not another angry 13 year old post, for someone who is almost 16, this is f-ing unbelievable to be wasting time and lots of money (my own) on this

this happened outta the blue...unless
i took off the choke opn this thing, and never put a bigger pilot jet in the carb, the next day the whole gas tank was emptied on my front steps, does a pilot jet have anything to do with this?

:uhoh:

trueblue450
05-29-2003, 10:35 AM
The joys of owning a quad. I'm sure you F####ed with your carb when you jetted something !! :mad: It took me a long time to get the freaking thing jetted right.

05-29-2003, 10:37 AM
Yes it does...THe jet that is. A 2002 acting like that... you must of done some sh1tty self-work and dont say you didnt man becuz it wouldnt act like it is. Sorry no flame intended. You should have got it all done right by honda. If it isnt your fault sorry. But i am 99.9% sure you probably messed it up doing self work to it.

300EXrider02
05-29-2003, 10:39 AM
nah jetting is perfect, i just fixed everything i could, then all i needed to is take out the choke which i did, and now its leaking gas, i really give up, and cant wait to sell this thing, i always look at it and get pissed:p

i took people advice, and didnt do anything for a week, and when you come back you should have tolerance and want to work on it and ride it,

nope, i still wanted throw it off a cliff, 300ex's are really are pieces of crap, at least for what i want to do

when i sell it i will take all aftermarket **** off, and then sell it stock

brokeitin3
05-29-2003, 10:39 AM
your floatbowl is made of alum. and the problem with the gas overflow is due to a faulty float valve being stuck open. i had the same problem 2 or 3 times. remove the float valve, clean the seat and the rubber part of the plunger its self. if it still leaks or overflows purchase a new float valve plunger.:D

trueblue450
05-29-2003, 10:41 AM
I like mine..

Doibugu2
05-29-2003, 10:59 AM
If they charged you $150 and you paid the bill, and it still wasn't fixed then your getting ripped. Take it back to them and tell them to fix it or our going to the better business bureau.

But if it is your fault because you took the choke off and installed a new pilot jet and you didn't know what you were doing then that is your own fault. Rule of thumb is if you don't know what your doing then don't mess with a engine, unless you can afford the consequences.

Brad
05-29-2003, 10:59 AM
i love mine and it only took me 3 weeks to jet it right:D

300EXrider02
05-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by brokeitin3
your floatbowl is made of alum. and the problem with the gas overflow is due to a faulty float valve being stuck open. i had the same problem 2 or 3 times. remove the float valve, clean the seat and the rubber part of the plunger its self. if it still leaks or overflows purchase a new float valve plunger.:D

who you callin sonny?

if you wanna call me that you can say that to my 45 year old mechanics face, dont act like you know all, and try to be above all by addressing poeple as sonny, i dont addres you as "sir"
if were joking then excuse the flame...

trust me guys I have been working on carbs too long to not know that it is jetted right, it is jetted fine, for the main and the needle that is, fuel screw is good to

and another thing, you dont think i have tried that? and is that not what i just said my mechanic said? i am going to have to buy all new parts for it, but it will only happen again next year he says

right now it will leak he says, since the quad is still at the sop if shooken, it used to only leak when doing a wheelie

and i didnt put the pilot jet in, sorry if i said i did, that is what i was wondering what could have been the problem, since i took the choke off with out a bigger pilot, i orderd a 40 and 42 from the shop to, thanks for any help

#brokeitin3, no flame intended, but that is the last thing i wanna hear right now, I dont care if you 16, 18, 25, or 35 since you stated something i already new, It just ticked me off to see that becasue it makes me look like a fool
no flame

another thing, would the fuel screw happen to have any impact on it if it was turned to much or just make it run a bit rich?:uhoh:

Brad
05-29-2003, 11:50 AM
i say buy a 400ex carb for 65$ and get it over with, or a 300ex carb for like under 50, nbd odw

300EXrider02
05-29-2003, 12:21 PM
you never had any problems like this brad? strange

05-29-2003, 12:24 PM
I dont know many people who have had problems with 300exs?:huh

Dune Surfer
05-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Hey, I understand how you feel. I took me a long time to solve my head gasket problems. Finally after spending $300 on gaskets and installing larger studs it's fixed. Now I do one big jump, in the sand mind you and I cracked the case. Every fastener on the quad is made of butter. I bought a honda because of the rep. I should have bought a shee. I think quads just break if you ride them hard. Any brand. I'm selling mine. I'm tired of it.:eek2:

300EXrider02
05-29-2003, 12:49 PM
I hear ya dune surfer, every bolt and piece on my quad strips like nothing else, like you said "butter":o

I am gettin something different, whether the crf250r coming out, an R, or a 400 of some kind, possibly the crf450r

Brad
05-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
you never had any problems like this brad? strange
honestly i havnt, i must have been lucky

the only problems ive had were the steering stem which i still need to replace, when i bought it it had the steering stme not all the way fastened to the tie rod ends, easy fix, 275$ and a new chrome steering stem on the way. but none with the carb, the only carb problem was me stripping screws, damn them, but i got it running today and it sounds completely awesome.

as i said the only problem was inflicted by me.

250rpilot
05-29-2003, 01:10 PM
just some things to think about, incase you havent yet....

it definately sounds like a float problem....... could it be that when you took off your carb to remove the choke and rejet it, you may have bumped the float and messed up the adjustment?

or.... the needle and seat can and will wear to the point of leakage.. it shouldnt have happened to this new of a machine, but it can happen.

good luck, carbs suck and can be a major headache, i feel your pain brother....

flyin#5
05-29-2003, 01:37 PM
lol i feel the same way with my blaster... get it for a hell of a price.. had to replace the kickstart and case gaskets then my hub fell off going down a road at 10 at night.... then last weekend my clutch calbe snapped and had to rig up a bike cable.... now my f'ing shock decides it wants to screw up and only go half way dow:huh and im sure the way i ride ill be blowing that thing up anytime now:o

toby400ex
05-29-2003, 03:35 PM
You can buy complete carb rebuild kits for about $15 off ebay. When i had a 300ex i noticed tons of waisted money.

bluebaron
05-29-2003, 03:38 PM
the 3rd day after i got the ex new, it blow the engine, then after amonth the front brake caliper got f.....ed up becuse they put it on wrong

trueblue450
05-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Not denying your mechanic ability, but once you modify something (as if taking the choke off) you can cause problems to the carb. I mean I would hope it would run from the factory, but screwin with it and it now not working probably means something! :huh

86350x
05-29-2003, 10:29 PM
That was a kick @$$ pic back there.

Ian, you need to find a different place to take your quad. Find a small engines repair shop, and ask the mechanic questions about carb adjustments. They are usually cheaper then dealers are too. Once he gets it all set, and running good I'd just let it be.............

The atv riding chick thread might cheer you up a little too:confused:

airheadedduner
05-30-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by 250rpilot

it definately sounds like a float problem....... could it be that when you took off your carb to remove the choke and rejet it, you may have bumped the float and messed up the adjustment?

Thats what I am thinking. I have done it several times. It could also be that while you had it apart a piece of dirt got in the needle seat and is allowing it to leak.

300EXrider02
05-30-2003, 08:03 AM
my mechanic who owns dirt bikes of all sorts, and garentee has been working and using bikes and quads for more than 20 years, he has his own place called strictly dirt which sell used bikes, every part and piece of something you need, and tons of workers, he checked it out and took apart everything, cleaned it and said that the plastic floats are junk, he didnt find anything wrong with it, he said it will now only leak when shaken, that really is horrible, he look at my needle and everything, all seems well, i do most of the work and do it well, he said everything was in good shape, unless you guys somehow know what is happening, and if my pilot jet may have anything to do with it, it would be greatly appreciated if you can tell

I only took the choke off when this occured, and i have no recalection of me hiting the flot or touching it ni anyway

QuadTrix6
05-30-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
If they charged you $150 and you paid the bill, and it still wasn't fixed then your getting ripped. Take it back to them and tell them to fix it or our going to the better business bureau.

But if it is your fault because you took the choke off and installed a new pilot jet and you didn't know what you were doing then that is your own fault. Rule of thumb is if you don't know what your doing then don't mess with a engine, unless you can afford the consequences.

then how do you expect to learn about anything ??? you learn by doing things yourself IMO i doubt people on this site learned to work on there quads by going to classes..sux that your quad is f'ed up hang in there im sure it will work out

2002_300_EX
05-30-2003, 09:29 AM
Mines Fuel-injected. :)

300EXrider02
05-30-2003, 09:51 AM
just talked to my mechanic, he said my spring is worn, it is a pos, and the whole float thing is plastic, it is non-adjustable and he cant do much, he fixed it some but will still leak when wobbled...

I have been in my carb more than enough, i have change my jets about 12 time and had the quad in pieces before, in know about this stuff, i do not know why a 2002 leaks gas form a wron non adjustable spring and a 1995 0r 1994 or 1993 and up doesnt:huh

must have been something i did, i am going to go pick up my quad, and i will talk to him again, i am leaving now

be back in an hour:cool:

Brad
05-30-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by 2002_300_EX
u have a c-dale?

Brad
05-30-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by 2002_300_EX
u have a c-dale?