View Full Version : new Metallica video...St. Anger

spincr4hire
05-29-2003, 03:12 AM
:devil:
http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=1109

Guy400
05-29-2003, 03:27 AM
The song is enough--I don't need to see the video:D

I think the new song is terrible. They've really peaked and need to just hang it up.

toby400ex
05-29-2003, 03:35 AM
wow, they sure are looking different these days

spincr4hire
05-29-2003, 03:45 AM
I think this time around is better than the last 2 albums... Load & Reload.

MOFO
05-29-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
The song is enough--I don't need to see the video:D

I think the new song is terrible.

I agree. I heard this song on my way to Columbus last night... I honestly did not know who it was until the DJ said who it was...

QuadTrix6
05-29-2003, 04:33 AM
its definetly different but i like it, good song for these kinda times

sly400ex
05-29-2003, 05:38 AM
It's alright, but they were definately better back in the days....:rolleyes:

spincr4hire
05-29-2003, 06:26 AM
music has to evolve, or its just the same old crap.

ORW
05-29-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
music has to evolve, or its just the same old crap.

i agree! it's good! would be good with a quad video

pbarr86
05-29-2003, 08:02 AM
The cd is really cool, I love the song w/ Rob Zombie, track 4 and track 9 really kickass.

Anyway, I really like it. Heavier than Load different from Kill em' all

Cool CD,
Paul

bansheeguy77
05-29-2003, 12:11 PM
the song is good...different but good...and u sure u got the cd bud? last i checked it didnt come out till the june 10

Guy400
05-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice for All were the best Metallica albums ever. The Black album wasn't too bad but with the release of Chode they totally sold out and turned to $h!t.

300exracer
05-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Ya the song isnt.. bad but they had a he!! of alot more better songs!

Foxrage
05-29-2003, 01:58 PM
I think its new and different. It deffinitly supprised the hell out of me. Im a new be but i still love there old stuff alot better. Im not really sure but alot of my friends like the song"one" And i think it sucks. alot of the bands lately are sell outs. I like marilyn mansons new cd.

05-29-2003, 02:26 PM
I'm a pretty big fan, and that sounds like, well, crap. It sounds like some punk-rock-looky-here-I'ma-pansy type of music. I hate punk rock with a passion, and that song didn't do a thing for me. I did hear a different song off the new album that really rocked, so I'll probably buy it. But, for being in their 40's, they sound like some juvenile delinquents. (i.e. newfound glory, good charlotte, and any other anus-wipes I can't think of right now.):rolleyes:

bansheeguy77
05-29-2003, 02:51 PM
one is a great song...my fav album is S&M cause it was the first 1 i got. but the other albums all are really good...fade to black is a great song. im a die hard metallica fan....i dont really think they sold out

HONDAofTROY100
05-29-2003, 03:45 PM
I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

jcv400ex
05-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Video was okay.....song SUCKED BAD!!!!! I'm a big Metallica fan....but that was the absolute worst song I've ever heard from them........

Atreyu
05-29-2003, 04:13 PM
I absolutely despise metallica...especially Lars. After the whole napster closing due to metallica it just proved theyre not in it for the music but for the money. Sell-outs.

05-29-2003, 04:14 PM
i like the new song but its not metallica if u ask me and the new guy his look is terrible, metallica is still makin good music but i think if they continue to make it like this no one is gonna remember what metallica was or is

05-29-2003, 04:17 PM
they work there asses off or they did to get what they have and i cant blame them for that its there decision, sell outs? how do u figure? sure its gotta be nice having a hardcore fan base and stuff but they cant just play liek that for the rest of there life or they have to give up, they need to make a living and anyone claiming there sell outs is ignorant, they make awesome music and whether u think there sell outs or not there still the best

Narly R
05-29-2003, 04:47 PM
I like metallica and there new song is cool! They just rock!:devil:

05-29-2003, 06:12 PM
yeah metallica rock but there is one problem i dont listen to it

jamiesel
05-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Sounds amature to me. I hate it but usually really like them.

Guy400
05-29-2003, 11:38 PM
I think they're sell outs because they abandoned what made them popular to begin with. I remember when they were an underground skater band and "One" hadn't even been written yet. They had no videos on MTV but the albums were still selling well. Why? Because they were writing good songs that ripped. They continued this formula and it worked for them until the "Load" album. It seems with that album and everyone after that they stopped writing songs about how they felt and started writing songs that would get them air time on the radio. You can't name one song off of anything newer than Load that's as edgy, raw and just plain as good as "Fade to Black", "One", "Harvester of Sorrow", "Master of Puppets", "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and others. We now get ****ty remakes of Whiskey in a Jar-o.

Liken it to our quads. Honda started off making a lightning quick 250R and stuck to that formula. They then released the 400EX that was newer but was still basically the same quad with some very small tweaks. Now, would you be pleased with Honda if they released an all new sport quad on an entirely different frame, based nothing on the 250R/400EX architecture? The new quad doesn't perform as well as the old ones but it now appeals to a wider audience and sells more units--does that make the new quad better?

knighttime
05-30-2003, 03:05 AM
but i think i like the new song. I'm gonna get the CD at lunch and listen to it over the weekend. I'll have a better opinion on their new stuff next week. :D

zephead400ex
05-30-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
I think they're sell outs because they abandoned what made them popular to begin with. I remember when they were an underground skater band and "One" hadn't even been written yet. They had no videos on MTV but the albums were still selling well. Why? Because they were writing good songs that ripped. They continued this formula and it worked for them until the "Load" album. It seems with that album and everyone after that they stopped writing songs about how they felt and started writing songs that would get them air time on the radio. You can't name one song off of anything newer than Load that's as edgy, raw and just plain as good as "Fade to Black", "One", "Harvester of Sorrow", "Master of Puppets", "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and others. We now get ****ty remakes of Whiskey in a Jar-o...

Right on man!! Well said! I heard St. Anger last night, thought it sounded good...but I was f'd up last night too. Somethings are nothing that they seem...when you are f'd up!

peace

spincr4hire
05-30-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
but i think i like the new song. I'm gonna get the CD at lunch and listen to it over the weekend. I'll have a better opinion on their new stuff next week. :D

good luck picking it up, it doesn't come out until June 10th.

pbarr86
05-30-2003, 04:18 AM
Anyway to post MP3's here, I could drop a couple of the tracks?

OK, forget that there isn't a way to post them.

1st person to send me an email I will return 2 MP3's from the cd.

Paul

knighttime
05-30-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
good luck picking it up, it doesn't come out until June 10th.

:mad:

LapTraffic
05-30-2003, 05:06 AM
Very unimpressed...

Loeryder
05-30-2003, 05:27 AM
I used to be a HUGE Metallica fan.
Went to all their concerts when they actually toured.

They should have quit 4 albums ago when it was still good.
Now they are just putting out crap to generate revenue.

Lars is a real POS nowadays.
I would never pay for anything Metallica ever again after his idiotic nonsense.
KAZAA Ownz Metallica's new album if you even care to listen to it.

05-30-2003, 10:23 AM
i downloaded tghe st anger song its good once u listen to it a few times i like it

phatswinn
05-30-2003, 01:11 PM
they needed to quit while they were ahead, i was just lisnign to the black album when i clicked on this

05-30-2003, 03:00 PM
st anger is a good song i dont think ive heard anything from them id ever say was bad

METALLICA:devil: :scary:

Bill Fuller
05-30-2003, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Guy400
[B]I think they're sell outs because they abandoned what made them popular to begin with. I remember when they were an underground skater band and "One" hadn't even been written yet. They had no videos on MTV but the albums were still selling well. Why? Because they were writing good songs that ripped. They continued this formula and it worked for them until the "Load" album. It seems with that album and everyone after that they stopped writing songs about how they felt and started writing songs that would get them air time on the radio. You can't name one song off of anything newer than Load that's as edgy, raw and just plain as good as "Fade to Black", "One", "Harvester of Sorrow", "Master of Puppets", "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and others. We now get ****ty remakes of Whiskey in a Jar-o.
My opinion exactly he just likes to type more than me.:D The only thing I would change about Guy's statement is that they stopped making good music after And Justice for All(i mean the music that got me going Ride,Kill,Master etc...)I knew when they released One on Mtv it was all over.The last dime they got from me was that pitiful excuse for a boxset I don't even remember the name or the last time I listened to it.Jason hade the right idea he was the only one smart enough to walk away,the others should have follewed.It's over ,it's been over.Oh yea Guy you forgot Garage day's I thougt it was kickbutt in the days after Cliff.:(

Am I evil?
Yes I am.