PDA

View Full Version : advice on doing some tricks

jyonks46
05-28-2003, 03:15 PM
ok i have a warrior as of now until the new thumper quad comes out(hopefully). well we have some nice jumps where i ride and i wanna know some tricks and how to do them and how big of a jump i would need to pull them. tricks i can already do are nothings,no hander landers,no footers,and have tried a superman( ended up getting 7 stiches in jaw because couldnt get feet back on and bailed and helment fell off...id really appreciate some advice here

QuAdRaCeR244
05-28-2003, 03:25 PM
what tricks do you want help with:confused:

flyin#5
05-28-2003, 03:32 PM
for most tricks try to practice them over and over on the ground first... then you get down what you have to do in the air. and about that superman thing.. ive been there! if it happens again try not to bail but when you land bounce back into position. get the motions down and it should be easier if you have the right jump. the size of the jump you need depends on the tricks you want to pull. usually i would build a jump so the face of the jump is at least 15 feet that way you arent jerked into the air which makes it very hard to do freestyle. first i would start off with a 30-40ft double so you dont have to worry too much about getting alot of speed and just concentrate on your tricks... anything else i am missing?

jyonks46
05-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
for most tricks try to practice them over and over on the ground first... then you get down what you have to do in the air. and about that superman thing.. ive been there! if it happens again try not to bail but when you land bounce back into position. get the motions down and it should be easier if you have the right jump. the size of the jump you need depends on the tricks you want to pull. usually i would build a jump so the face of the jump is at least 15 feet that way you arent jerked into the air which makes it very hard to do freestyle. first i would start off with a 30-40ft double so you dont have to worry too much about getting alot of speed and just concentrate on your tricks... anything else i am missing?

thanx for the advice i wish i woulda never bailed but sh*t happens i guess..i just started riding again from an accident i had jumping broken wrist..tried a 60 footer and came up short...but i wanna try some small tricks to get used to jumping and stuff again that way i can build my confidence back up..i will take your advice and try some tricks on the ground and then work from there..ill try to get some pics when i land some good tricks..thanks for the advice

jyonks46
05-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by QuAdRaCeR244
what tricks do you want help with:confused:

i dont want to try anything huge right yet..so i want some easier tricks for now so i can work my way up..ive tried supermans just havent worked out to good...