PDA

View Full Version : Computer help please

fiffer
05-28-2003, 01:43 PM
I want to run my recovery disk and make it the way it came out of the box, but i dont want to loose my pictures, documents, and my kazaa files(pictures, music, videos, ect..) how do i save them. I have a cd burner and a floppy disk drive but i think it would take to many disks concidering i have almost 500 songs and alot of pictures and videos like huevos that i have downloaded. please help. im sure there is an easy way and i am usually smart with computers so please help me.

thanx

yamahaCal
05-28-2003, 01:52 PM
Well you dont have much of a choice you have to use CD's OR you can get partition magic and partition (split) your drive in 2 parts. one for music etc... and the other for everything else and there you go.

Rip_Tear
05-28-2003, 02:52 PM
Or you could buy another hard drive and put all the stuff you want to save on it... :D Either way you need to back it up onto something else. Partioning your hard drive doesnt always work with those recovery disks, it just depends on stuff that I dont know because its your computer.... You could just get rid of some stuff you dont really need to save... Then get burning... Use RW's then you aren't wasting the CD's if you want... Just a suggestion. Good luck.

Narly R
05-28-2003, 02:55 PM
sorry man I have not the slitest idea of what u are saying! Its hard enough fot me to get on here, but I manage!:rolleyes: :D

blondie69
05-28-2003, 11:44 PM
jus get a new hard-drive. thats wat i had to do for my parents computer. just because i didn't feel like using about 15+ cds for burnin the crap on them. but u should be able to find a pretty good one. and then after that, just use that drive for all your downloads. so nothing will happen to them and it won't take up more space on your computer